Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

the_dog_days

I haven't tried these spells yet but tbh they look pretty damn strong.

The pet is just the cutest, not that butt-ugly Owlbear thing you get early game.

See a group of full plate enemies?

Cast create pit.

An enemy caster?

Cast create pit.

A dragon?

Cast create pit.

• Like 2

I haven't tried these spells yet but tbh they look pretty damn strong.

The pet is just the cutest, not that butt-ugly Owlbear thing you get early game.

See a group of full plate enemies?

Cast create pit.

An enemy caster?

Cast create pit.

A dragon?

Cast create pit.

Instructions very clear, works as described :D Basically Reflex save or bye bye. And the enemies for some reason tend to walk into the pits themselves :D

• 4 weeks later...

does dragon disciple actually get higher level spells when he level up? Does he have any spell progression or only get extra spells per day for already known levels? Its extremely confusing to search for some reason.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I honestly don't know. I'd just save the game then cheat myself some levels to test it then go back and load the save. I know you could check the PnP rules but who knows if things are implemented that way or not or even just broken.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I finished off the Troll invasion but I never did get a message about rescuing Jubilost for the Treasurer post. Also, by the time I went looking for Bartholomew the second time he was but a blood stain on the floor. It's a good thing I got the Wildcards pack then so I can at least recruit Kalikke. Sheesh, kind of a gotcha there.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

does dragon disciple actually get higher level spells when he level up? Does he have any spell progression or only get extra spells per day for already known levels? Its extremely confusing to search for some reason.

Pretty sure it gets 7/10 casting.  Caster level goes up at 2/3/4/6/7/8/10.

no idea what does it means but i got lvl 1 sorc and 3 lvls in DD and I still am able to cast only 1st level spells. Kinda bad if you ask me :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

no idea what does it means but i got lvl 1 sorc and 3 lvls in DD and I still am able to cast only 1st level spells. Kinda bad if you ask me :)

Sorcerers don't get 2nd level spells until 4th level caster, whereas with 1 sorc/3 DD you're only a 3rd level (1 sorc + 2 DD) caster.  At 4 DD (or 2 Sorc) you'd get 2nd level spells.

For example, my 2 Paladin/1 Sacred Fist/3 Sorc/4 DD/10 EK casts as a 15th level sorcerer (so only 7th level and lower spells.)

Not that I would equip an owlbear even if I had one. Really don't get Owlcat's fascination with them -- they're just so goofy looking, it's impossible to take them seriously as a monster. I mean, just look at this derp face:

7Y82SRT.png

I love 'em. They feel like exactly the kind of hybrid creature medieval folklore could have come up with.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Sorcerers don't get 2nd level spells until 4th level caster, whereas with 1 sorc/3 DD you're only a 3rd level (1 sorc + 2 DD) caster.  At 4 DD (or 2 Sorc) you'd get 2nd level spells.

For example, my 2 Paladin/1 Sacred Fist/3 Sorc/4 DD/10 EK casts as a 15th level sorcerer (so only 7th level and lower spells.)

so when i will get 3rd level spells if I have 1 lvl sorcs and X lvl of DD?

Not that I would equip an owlbear even if I had one. Really don't get Owlcat's fascination with them -- they're just so goofy looking, it's impossible to take them seriously as a monster. I mean, just look at this derp face:

7Y82SRT.png

I love 'em. They feel like exactly the kind of hybrid creature medieval folklore could have come up with.

Gooooofyyyyy! Seriously, what's wrong with bear's head? Looks way more dangerous than googly eyed derpo that goes "Hu-hoo!" Also, folklore has way better things to offer -- like tatzelwurm

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 1

You'd get 3rd level spells at 1 sorc/7 DD.  4th level spells with 1 sorc/10 DD.

Thank you, I guess I will keep going with DD if it will be only one level difference between 1S/7DD or 3S/4DD. I think that BAB is worth more now, I will not have high lvl spells anyway as I have 1 thug and 3 paladin lvls anyway

7Y82SRT.png

Gooooofyyyyy! Seriously, what's wrong with bear's head? Looks way more dangerous than googly eyed derpo that goes "Hu-hoo!" Also, folklore has way better things to offer -- like tatzelwurm

C'mon man, owls are pretty metal.

200.gif

Again, love owls, and for animals who are meant to come from a fey world and so on, straight-up common bears would not really fit the bill (aren't there common bears in the game anyways? I forget). And weren't there tatzelwurms in the game too? Anyhow, I'll agree that they look awesome. But owlbears look awesome too. :grin:

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Ok so another question, when I can select DD wings feat? Do I have to be lvl 15 DD to select them or just lvl 15 character with at least 1 lvl in DD?

aaand my kindom died when i was on quest, and I dont have saves :). Effing hell, going to try again in a half year or so xD

aaand my kindom died when i was on quest, and I dont have saves :). Effing hell, going to try again in a half year or so xD

I wish the game was more clear on this point, but you're supposed to tackle the main quests immediately when they come up. Not only are they easier at that point it is also impossible to keep your kingdom alive (let alone with good stats) if you don't. So whenever you have Linzi announce something to do, drop everything and go do it.

It might not look like it but you're getting enough time in between to do all the side questing and kingdom development you need. Assuming the game works as intended these days. I cheated myself some extra three years of game time because nothing worked the way it should. :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

And set difficulty on "Effortless", then your kingdom cannot die. :yes: I did it as soon as I read that stupid minigame's failure means game over. If I want to mismanage something, I can always play "Tropico". 

I'd add that the optimal (I've done it and my kingdom didn't crumble) course of actions is if the main quest region is possible to claim and explore and the main quest there haven't started yet, it should be claimed and explored first. And companion quests should be completed as soon as possible, because they are timed and

there are quite unpleasant consequences in the last chapter, if the quests aren't completed in the manner the developers intended.

Also recruiting artisans early provides fairly good and stable income, which can be spent on BP and scrolls of Mass Heal.

The game does require some meta-gaming and planning to get the best (max kingdom stats, all upgrades, good outcomes for side quests and NPCs) ending, but it is possible.

What isn't possible is to slay both antagonists, because one of them is required to kill the other. It seems that the least destructive path is to agree to Shyka's plan with the First Crown.

I've been holding off on this game because of the breakage & bugs horror stories. Has it gotten to a good place yet, or should I hold off a while longer?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I didnt have any problems in my last playhalf, so go for it, (but it still have memory leak)

• Like 1

I've been holding off on this game because of the breakage & bugs horror stories. Has it gotten to a good place yet, or should I hold off a while longer?

I held off for a long time for the same reason. It (mostly) seems quite playable now.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."