Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

the_dog_days

Apparently RPG codex voted Patchfinder their game of the year. They also had the Wildcards dlc that broke the game the runner up for dlc of the year. :skeptical:

I can't take them seriously, they made Bard's Tale win "best remake" award. What the hell is Kenshi doing there :D

The Bard's Tale remake is easily the best remake/remaster I've ever played and the best game in InXile's entire catalogue.

Best joke I've heard all week.

A ton of glitches, completely broken pathing, crashes that corrupt save files, terrible optimalization, combat that is basically rocket tag and very easy to exploit... do I need to go on?

The game is 6/10 on Steam atm and that's pretty generous for this piece of crap.

Wait, are you on the Pathfinder thread criticizing another game about bugs?  :blink:

I could just as easily say "are you on the Obsidian game forums criticizing another game about bugs"? :D

The difference is, Pathfinder fixed most of their bugs (today's patch even solved long loading screen issues), while Bard's Tale is barely better than it was on release.

Apparently RPG codex voted Patchfinder their game of the year. They also had the Wildcards dlc that broke the game the runner up for dlc of the year. :skeptical:

I can't take them seriously, they made Bard's Tale win "best remake" award. What the hell is Kenshi doing there :D

The Bard's Tale remake is easily the best remake/remaster I've ever played and the best game in InXile's entire catalogue.

A ton of glitches, completely broken pathing, crashes that corrupt save files, terrible optimalization, combat that is basically rocket tag and very easy to exploit... do I need to go on?

The game is 6/10 on Steam atm and that's pretty generous for this piece of crap.

it's not a piece of crap - as slasher backer I enjoyed game from release date. You guys simply behave like a piece of crap every time you encounter a bug - stop with the childish behavior and enjoy the game. If you can't, maybe you should stop playing games. Most of them have many bugs and I can't see you enjoy what can be fully enjoyed due to your lack of understanding that many games have bug and will have bugs.

Edited by Melusina

You do know that the The Bard's Tale Trilogy is not The Bard's Tale IV, right?

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

it's not a piece of crap - as slasher backer I enjoyed game from release date. You guys simply behave like a piece of crap every time you encounter a bug - stop with the childish behavior and enjoy the game. If you can't, maybe you should stop playing games. Most of them have many bugs and I can't see you enjoy what can be fully enjoyed due to your lack of understanding that many games have bug and will have bugs.

There's a difference between "a bug" and "you just lost 10 hours of progress because the game permanently corrupted your save" or "you have to load that save you made an hour earlier because you just got stuck in a WALL". If you find this sort of behaviour acceptable, well good for you, but don't tell me what I should and should not do, mom.

You do know that the The Bard's Tale Trilogy is not The Bard's Tale IV, right?

Yeah you're right. I was confused because the Trilogy was not actually made by inXile (even if they did steal all the credit, but that's what publishers tend to do). But I see I was in the wrong here. At least I bashed the correct game!

Started playing, made a pretty banal Rogue/Mage with plans to go Arcane Trickster. Cannot wait to mod out encumbrance and nerf fatigue already because right now the game is a loop of eating and sleeping. Although it's not really odd the party gets fatigued after walking, like, 5 metres because all we do is pig out on enormous quantities of food and nap (= get fat and lose stamina), but hoo boy is it annoying.

Writing is...well, there. Obz really spoiled me. Also, Charname reminds me of KOTOR protagonist, who, too, valued not overburdened vocabulary and simple ways of communication such as "Who are you?!!!", "Yay!!!" and "Lets kill things!"

And yet, game feels rather charming so far and likely will only be better with siesta-be-gone improvement. :)

• Like 3

Hey guys who played this game. If I get level drained (settings on "restore on rest"), does the game remember what abilities/spells I picked or is it BG2 all over again?

Anyway. I just can't with speed (or rather complete motherloving lack thereof) in this game. That's one of key reasons why Deadfire be like "So I just drop there real quick and oh this stuff I need is nearby, mebbe I pay it a visit since I'm in a neighbourhood anyway and oh my look at the time is it hundred hours already :w00t: " and Kingmaker be like "OMG I feel like I'm playing this game for eternity! Mamma mia let me go!  ;( "

(Yes, I'm just out of that dungeon with multicolor switches you have to run...ahahahah, what I am thinking, pardon -- ooze to and back multiple times. I could probably out-salt Dead Sea right now)

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 1

But probably the single worst aspect so far has been the approach to the character choices and the interpretation of alignment which is just all over the shop.

Moving the quote from another topic here, because I see your stupid alignment interpretations, Algroth, and I raise you successful quest outcomes tied to choosing the aligned answer. :banghead:

Thar be spoilers, profanities and motherf†cking blasphemies.

So Val gets herself an interesting scar that looks more like birthmark or tattoo, nothing remotely disfiguring -- and suddenly everyone thinks she's ugly. Well okay, I can take that, people are fickle, and I can take that Val is depressed because she's been pretty all her life and has no idea how to ugly even if she's not really ugly but whatever. She seems to get over it, but then Paladins of Fickle arrive to my kingdom and start...stealing my culture points? What exactly do they do, distribute Kinkade paintings while singing Nickelback songs? No matter, me and Val track them down and find out that apparently Val offended the goddess (whom she did not choose to serve in the first place and whose full name must be Kardashelyn) by choosing her own path and the scar is her way to tell us she's pouting until Val f†cking apologizes?!!. So naturally I go, "F†ck them and their vapid goddess, Val, that scar's not so bad and even adds to your street cred since you're a warrior now" and she's "You know what? You're right!" and it's all good with a valuable life lesson to boot, right?

As if. Boom, quest f†cking failed. Okay google, tell me what did I do wrong...oh. Val had to plead guilty? And I had to take that Lawful Good pole up the arse? But she's not...okay. Okay. XP is XP, water under the bridge and I am playing the infamous Chaotic Random alignment anyway.

Fine. Lets move on, who's next to have me tie their bootlaces? Tristian? 'kay, lets go do his (and by his, I mean his literally. He created that cult with a specific purpose to pester Charname) cultists in. 

So we confront them before they do the nasty, I go (Neutral) with "Your cult, your problem, Tristian", we smash them, all good and fine.

Until we return to the capital, that is. Yak to Tristian, boom, quest failed. 

Credit where it is due -- I sat there for some time pondering whether to take roleplaying (I hate Tristian and wish him fail in everything) or metagaming (Mah XP!!!!) option. Very few games were able to do this to me, and if I weren't so close to leveling up...anyway, F9, (Neutral Good) "Oh no Mister Cultist, please do not murder this girl horribly! I know there is still good in you!!!", and all is forgiven, hallef†ckingluja!

Sarenrae. Sarenrae. Listen. That cult your winged rat manifested into reality? They're pests compared to other things he did. Like, you know, seeding countless peasants with  :alienani: . Or creating the portal that spews out monstrosities at regular intervals. Or giving the Big Bad tools to proceed with whatever nefarious goals she has. And all it took to completely redeem him was to dismantle one puny cult that he himself created? And now he prances about as if nothing happened, being his usual condescending and smug self to everyone and nobody calls him out on it or even go "STFU Tristian, you traitorous coward?" Seriously, Sarenrae?

...I'd like you to meet my friend, Sarenrae. Name's Eothas, real cool guy and has exactly what y'all need right here. 

In conclusion, "Thing No 214 that PoE series does better: the game knows gods are as$holes, the game does not try to convince me they are not as$holes, the game allows me call them out on their as$holyness" 

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Credit where it is due -- I sat there for some time pondering whether to take roleplaying (I hate Tristian and wish him fail in everything) or metagaming (Mah XP!!!!) option. Very few games were able to do this to me, and if I weren't so close to leveling up...anyway, F9, (Neutral Good) "Oh no Mister Cultist, please do not murder this girl horribly! I know there is still good in you!!!", and all is forgiven, hallef†ckingluja!

Lol in the case above if you are in that area with Tristan and he dies ... guess what, game over lol not even quest failed ... I hate Tristan I still am pondering why I let him back in the Kingdom (other than needing the advisor role and too lazy to walk across half the kingdom looking to fill his shoes)... they need the option "execute the traitor" and if there is one I am sorry I missed it ...

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

"STFU Tristian, you traitorous coward?" Seriously, Sarenrae?

To be fair Jhod called him an idiot ...

Alas, Jhod was dead in my game, because I decided "Screw the city, I'm going to disable the spawner first" and when I came back the city was indeed screwed. But Tristian got his comeuppance in the House Of Annoyance and Lazy Design so at least that's that. 

I had Tsanna as an advisor and Lamashtu worshipers too -- plus my very own cult, complete with the statue of Nok and me.  :biggrin:  I also had a pub, a dance hall and a brothel built in every town and goblin and kobold quarters wherever I could put them. All things considered I am very proud of my cosmopolitan, accepting and most of all fun kingdom. 

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 1

I've returned to Pathfinder: Kingmaker after a long break, but now I have a new bug that is really testing my patience. I can start and load the game just fine, fortunately, but if I try to reload midplay, it crashes. A small box for unity with a loading screen pops up, and then the game just crashes to my desktop. That hasn't happened before the last patch. Now, do I have to quit and restart to reload till the end of the game? That's so annoying.

I've returned to Pathfinder: Kingmaker after a long break, but now I have a new bug that is really testing my patience. I can start and load the game just fine, fortunately, but if I try to reload midplay, it crashes. A small box for unity with a loading screen pops up, and then the game just crashes to my desktop. That hasn't happened before the last patch. Now, do I have to quit and restart to reload till the end of the game? That's so annoying.

Do you have any mods or unity mod manager installed? I read that modded game saves break after every patch, so you should uninstall them before patching and reinstall again. If not, the no ideas save for game reinstall. :(

Do you have any mods or unity mod manager installed? I read that modded game saves break after every patch, so you should uninstall them before patching and reinstall again. If not, the no ideas save for game reinstall. :(

No, it's unmodded.

The funny thing is, that the saves load fine if I've just started the game. It just crashes if I reload after a lost fight or something.

Edited by LittleRose