Did anyone beat Sigilmaster Auranic yet? I have beaten Belranga but this fight is not meant to be won, is it?

Her two hirelings are no problem. After defeating them quickly I figured I need to destroy one sigil after another, otherwise in the end it will rain lighting bolts, orbs and magic missiles on everyone all at once, as she will activate multiple sigils when she is hurt.

The sigil that spams Tayn's chaotic orbs is the worst because it paralyzes most of the party rendering any action useless. I can't heal them. So one after another dies. I ressurect. They die. I ressurect. I heal. They die. The damage output is mental. I wasted all healing spells and exactly 40 miraclous healing potions & 10 potions against elemental attacks (because of the lighting bolt sigil).

In the end I gave up on that fight...for now.

Edited by EdwinOdesseiron

Yes, here are a few things to help out with this battle.

1. Arcane Dampener and Arcane Cleanse will temporarily turn off an active sigil. So if you are not ready to handle one of the sigils, like the Tayn one, just shut it down.

2. Gouging Wound continues to affect the sigil even after the Globe of Invulnerability goes up. So hit a sigil with this, and then shut it down while it continues to get damaged.

3. A very fast way to take down a sigil is to cast Combusting Wounds and Minnoletta’s Missile Salvo. I started with focusing on eliminating the damaging sigils because my resting bonuses and gear helped counter the Ryngrim sigil.

4. Potions of Arcane Reflection can keep you alive, as well as the Wizard arcane reflection spells. I also stacked all the spell reflection gear I had on one character, Xoti, which gave her enough reflection to avoid having to use potions.

5. Auranic is vulnerable to interrupts, Thrust of Tattered Veils is a guaranteed hit, and the scroll version only takes two points in Arcana. After I removed her concentration, I could use Eder to interrupt her.

6. Like all the other megabosses, use your weapon modals that lower her defenses on a hit.

Hopefully this helps!

Edited by DozingDragon
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot! Arcane Dampener and Arcane cleansing are really a game changer here. Didn’t know this would work on a sigil. Also the improved Arcane reflection potions helped a lot.

I got her down finally. On the first try after reading your tips.

Now the funny part is, I was often dazed or terrified (even with spells and potions to increase resistance against resolve afflictions) so I wasn’t even able to use that. And I used arcane Reflection potions and spells from the beginning.

Somehow this time I managed to destroy the sigils faster though. Result: only 9 miraculous healing potions wasted and only 1 party member was knocked out for a few seconds before I resurrected her.

• Like 1

Intresting "Coordinated Positioning" skill interaction with this boss. Just happened my Eder was tank with fighter/rogue multiclass. So this boss dont moving by herself she can be moved by using this skill to an exit/ From that distance she cant open her sigils. But to end fight u have to kill sigils as well, so u can move her to open 1 sigil only and kill it with focusing specific sigil. From this distance she can use spells on ur entire party.

I found this fight impossible without cheesing it. I'm immune vs terrify, paralyze and stun....and yet I'm 24/7 terrified, paralyzed and stunned. What gives..?

Also, not having a Wizard = gg? I really hate when you gotta do/have something very specific to defeat a boss. I wish it was approacheable in other ways than having a Wizard or cheesing it with Rogue.

• 3 weeks later...

DozingDragon said most of it, but I'll add a few comments.

This fight is very hard as a team. It's probably easier to solo it with a Herald or someone with insane defenses than do this as a team. 

I recommend resting with Captain's Banquet and equipping dexterity / might resistance gear on your team. Alternatively you could rest with Shark's Soup and equip intellect / resolve resistance gear.

Arcane Dampening simply suspends the sigil. You won't be able to damage it and it will activate again later when another sigil is likely operating. I recommend dampening Tayn's sigil until you have the other DPS sigils taken care of as it causes the most havoc. To do this you will have to find a way to get resource back for your wizard (e.g. Brilliant inspiration, Bloodmage). 

The Chain Lightning sigil does insane damage. I recommend ditching low shock armor gear such as heavy and medium plate and picking up anything that gives you shock armor. Arcane Reflection potions are a must here, as are AOE heals and preferably Circle of Protection or some other boon to shock armor. 

Other than Tayn's and the Chain Lightning sigils, the rest won't bother you much. Don't depend on too many buffs as they will be purged. 

Be sure your team has no slash and pierce weapons equipped. Everything should be crush or raw or maybe elemental. 

I don't look forward to doing this fight ever again. It doesn't take as long as the other boss fights but it's really annoying. 

Edited by JiggleFloyd

DozingDragon said most of it, but I'll add a few comments.

This fight is very hard as a team. It's probably easier to solo it with a Herald or someone with insane defenses than do this as a team. 

I recommend resting with Captain's Banquet and equipping dexterity / might resistance gear on your team. Alternatively you could rest with Shark's Soup and equip intellect / resolve resistance gear.

Arcane Dampening simply suspends the sigil. You won't be able to damage it and it will activate again later when another sigil is likely operating. I recommend dampening Tayn's sigil until you have the other DPS sigils taken care of as it causes the most havoc. To do this you will have to find a way to get resource back for your wizard (e.g. Brilliant inspiration, Bloodmage). 

The Chain Lightning sigil does insane damage. I recommend ditching low shock armor gear such as heavy and medium plate and picking up anything that gives you shock armor. Arcane Reflection potions are a must here, as are AOE heals and preferably Circle of Protection or some other boon to shock armor. 

Other than Tayn's and the Chain Lightning sigils, the rest won't bother you much. Don't depend on too many buffs as they will be purged. 

Be sure your team has no slash and pierce weapons equipped. Everything should be crush or raw or maybe elemental. 

I don't look forward to doing this fight ever again. It doesn't take as long as the other boss fights but it's really annoying. 

What saved me was Arcane Reflection and using combusting wounds / wall of fire / Chillfog on the sigils, and keeping Sigilmaster distracted by a repeatable summon as I took out the sigils 1 by 1.  And yes this only works with some way to renew the resources on your wizard, like Brilliant from a chanter.  I'm sure there are other ways.

• 2 months later...

Dozingdragon's tips were cool and all, but they didn't quite work for me. I don't know if he was playing it on Path of the damned difficulty, but that formula just did not work our for me. His tips however, pointed me in the right direction.

This is how the battle went:

I went in with my main (Elf, shadowdancer (assasin rogue/shattered pillard monk)), Tekehu, Aloth, Pallegina and a custom made crusader (no subclass Fighter/Shield Bearers of St Elcga Paladin). 

I was having an impossibly painful time with the Obelisk of Wrath, so my plan was to get rid of the Obelisks of Wrath and Mystery as soon as I could.

So I went with my custom made crusader and hugged tank-n-spanked one of the bodyguards.

After that if was Obelisk of wrath time so I calculated to have both Aloth and Tekehu with no pending recovery time. I had Aloth cast arcane shield and the second the shields went down on Obelisk of wrath I had Aloth cast combusting wounds on it and had Tekehu cast Great Maelstrom.

At the same time Tekehu and Aloth were casting their magic, I had Pallegina cast withdrawal on my main (who usually got smoked with Obelisk of Wrath even with arcane reflection magic) I had equipped Pallegina (who had enough arcana points thankfully) with 5 withdrawal scrolls.

Immediately after Aloth was done casting combusting wounds, I him cast Minoletta's Missile salvo. Tekehu's Great Maelstrom and Aloth's Minoletta's Missile Salvo were enough to take down the Obelisk (maybe even a little overkill).

After that it was regular tanking and spanking with the remaining bodyguard.

I had Aloth and Tekehu position themselves to take down the Obelisk of Mistery and when its shields went down it was Empowerment time. I empowered both Aloth and Tekehu so they could, once again, use Great Maelstrom and Minoletta's Missile Salvo respectively. I repeated the combo-->combusting wounds, Great Maesltrom, Minoletta's missile salvo on the Obelisk of Mistery.

After that it was tank and spank. I used the Thrust of Tattered Veils scrolls as mentioned by Dozingdragon to interrupt the Sigilmaster and remove his concentration and had him always flanked for greater effect.

It would've probably made it easier, and it would've probably saved me a few healing potions, to take out the Obelisk that shoots Minoletta's minor missiles, but I didn't.

That's what worked for me, I hope it helps

Glad you were able to beat it but I think an important tip you missed out on was resting in Konstanten's room for +30% spell reflect, along with potions.

I mention this because you talk about the difficulty with Obelisk of Wrath but with konstanten's room and those reflect potions, Obelisk of Wrath will literally kill itself in just a few vollies. Obelisk of mystery also takes care of itself though not as fast. Obelisk of force won't take care of itself, unfortunately, it can't PEN it's own AR with the missiles. 

If you have a persistent source of resolve resistance (for the terrify) the fight is probably the easiest megaboss fight, and even easier than some SSS or FS boss fights.

The first time I did it, my party was mostly composed of wiz/fighter, wiz/pali, wiz/roguei, etc. and my standard operating procedure is to buff everyone to the hilt and then wolfpack each sigil.  I thought the fight was easy and didn't think twice about it. 

Fast forward to a few weeks ago... ouch.  My party was less wiz-heavy, but I thought we handled much of the game faster.  However, when we entered the Auranic's room, we were battered around like a piñata at an eight-year-old's birthday party.  My early run was so easy, I left my tactics at the door and paid for it dearly.  Three-fifths of the party dropped and if it wasn't for some lucky reflections, all would have been lost.   The healing power of the Pali/Chanter and the Fighter/Chanter grinded it out in full defensive mode with potions, scrolls (both 15 arcana), per-rest powers, etc.  Although slower and less flashy, it made me think I should run through the entire game with that duo.

Anyway, spell shields are helpful and targeted the DPS obelisks first were key for me.  Once DPS obelisks are down, the battle swings in your favor.

• 10 months later...

it's just not worth the effort. i don't know who these mega-bosses are designed for. when you spend 1 hour wearing down Hauani O Whe into two gigantic oozes, then it just rejoins - i just press alt-F4 and go watch some TV instead

Edited by louism

• 9 months later...

This was probably the most annoying of the megabosses to kill on lvl 20 POTD/upscale without any gamebreaking cheese strats or abusing Brilliance, so here's a quick summ up of my experiences and how I've done it with a "standard" party, it might be of help to someone: 

My party comp

Charname - Sage
Eder - Fighter
Pallegina - Pal/Chanter
Takehu - Druid
Maia - Ranger/Rogue 

(I've been avoiding creating minmaxed custom characters and wanted to do everything with the "story" companions, even though theyre *very* unoptimized/have really bad custom subclasses)

Some thoughts: 

- Wael's Wind is the best value resting bonus for this fight 

So, talking about the sigils: Minoletta missile sigil hits like a wet noodle and can be safely ignored, Wind of Wael food makes you immune to the other two debuff/cc sigils; the fight is actually against the Sigil of Wrath, also known as chainlightning extravaganza, and not Auranic - Auranic is a total pushover on her own.  So the plan was to destroy the sigil as soon as possible. Its vulnerable to crush, so I made sure everyone had appropriate weapon for the task, backline were using staves for easier positioning

Before the fight started I stealth-grouped up everyone in melee range of SoW; I wanted to inflict as much damage as possible on the sigil on the first cycle its vulnerable. After starting the fight and disposing of the two goons I focused on making sure my party was ready for the mass chain lightning party

Useful spells for minimizing the damage are druids Weather the Storm and Woodskin; also make sure youre not using plate armor since it gets wrecked by shock damage; alternatively you can just drink Potion of Elemental Defense (gives armor vs elemental attacks), Potion of Superior Elemental Defense (gives 75 points of shield) and/or Potions of  Arcane Reflection, though do realize those only reflect so much and the chain lightning chews through them pretty quickly; gear with lightning/spell resist obviously also helps a bit. Wizards Endure Elements and Arcane Reflection do the same thing, and again be aware that the latter one goes away once it reflects certain number of spells, leaving you vulnerable. 

As far as I could tell the chain lightning from SoW hits a maximum of 6 targets, and the target choice was random so putting summons closer to the sigil and positioning the party in the far corner away from it didnt make any real difference. So I ended up wanting to have as many targetable entities on the field as possible to eat the electricity, every expendable walking bag of hp points lowers the damage your party takes; all the figurines that summon multiple wyrms and stuff are useful in here, on top of the chanters constant summons, wizards triple tentacle summon is very handy as well 

- Sigil of Wrath can be damaged with Gouging Strike, and the damage keeps ticking even when the bubble comes up - good way to sneak some damage in between the cycles 

So, back to the fight: I've managed to club the sigil to death on the second cycle, which turned out to be far more reliable than trying to do it with empowered hard hitting high level spells; with a bit more luck/buffing melee damage you can easily destroy it during the first cycle with 5 people. 

After the lightning sigil was gone the rest of the fight was easy, just 5 people pelting Auranic from distance and constantly interrupting her (giving everyone a crossbow with the interrupt ability is a really good idea). I couldnt melee her due to Minolettas Piercing Sigil that she casts on herself with some ungodly 120 secs timer, and I had no way of getting rid of that; if you have a single class wizard you can just Arcane Cleanse it and sealclub her, but then again you lose the hilariosity factor of watching her trying to cast something over and over.

- When Auranic gets low on hp all of the sigils become activated at the same time, so you really want to have the lightning one gone by that time or you will eat lightnings without any protection spells. 

- Thrust of Tattered Veils ( lvl 1 wizard), is a good spell for reliably interrupting casts since it never misses; volleying Auranic early in the fight with crossbows is an efficient way of getting rid of her Concentration stacks and setting her up, and making sure she never gets to cast anything overly annoying later on 

-Using Arcane Dampener on a sigil is a terrible idea since it only temporarily turns it off, and it will come back online when the spell wears off

Just FYI the fight doesnt end when you kill the Sigilmaster, you still have to deal with the sigils. So make sure you avoid the "oh wait this isnt over?" situation. :) 

Edited by WoodenMage