Forgotten Sanctum no narration

Isn't it because of that "QQ I CAN HAZ NOT TURN NARRATOR OFF SHE SUCKZ OMG" topic? You got what you asked for.

I doubt it. It's not like they disabled it throughout (right...? didn't check). It's more likely that Ashley wasn't available for recording or something. The god sequences aren't a bit problem as there actually isn't much for hear to read. But it sucks if there is no narration for new ending slides. That will feel weirdly off. It would be cool if they found a way to patch them in, but with no new major content coming up that might not happen. 

Or she read "feedback" and said "**** you".

I have read (and contributed to) feedback that says, "It would be a good idea if it was possible to turn the narrator off", which is entirely legitimate and inoffensive. The likelihood of this causing umbrage in a realistically-inclined professional is nil.

• Like 1

I have read (and contributed to) feedback that says, "It would be a good idea if it was possible to turn the narrator off", which is entirely legitimate and inoffensive. The likelihood of this causing umbrage in a realistically-inclined professional is nil.

its still dumb criticism like most of the crit of this game

That would be highly immature of her. 

Ydwin isn't voiced in the DLC either. Don't they have the same voice actress?

Well, they did add the new Ydwin conversation, however, whenever it was recorded with Forgotten Sanctum or before is unknown. It is also possible she might have Ukaizo reactivity - didn't check it, but I has been reported that other sidekick have. 

If all of those were recorded before, it makes sense they wouldn't book her to record those few lines for FS, or that they didn't mind if she wasn't available. If they did record those with FS I am a bit surprised they didn't pack in narration and slides. 

Either way, I hope it will make it into the game eventually. 

Kate Dollarhyde mentioned on reddit that Ydwin's new lines weren't voiced due to scheduling issues, but they'll be voiced in an upcoming patch. Given that it's the same actress, the scheduling problems likely applied to narration as well; I wouldn't be surprised if the patch rectified that too.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Kate Dollarhyde mentioned on reddit that Ydwin's new lines weren't voiced due to scheduling issues, but they'll be voiced in an upcoming patch. Given that it's the same actress, the scheduling problems likely applied to narration as well; I wouldn't be surprised if the patch rectified that too.

That's been my guess, and that's what I was hoping for. Excellent.