can't leave hall of the unseen - game crash

zobas

Question

Hi,

so I finished the hall of the unseen on that vulcanic island and as I want to leave the temple, the game crashes. This happened 3 times in a row now and I'm afraid I can't leave it anymore.

Repairing the game and reloading on the auto save at the last room does not solve it.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Ok. I fixed it myself.

I would like to upload my save file + crash reports but I just can't find the button here (if it exists).

If anyone else has the same problem with the game crashing every time you try to leave an area: 

Just delete   C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\Temp\Obsidian Entertainment

Worked for me...

I'm also experiencing this exact same issue, tried your suggestion, but unfortunately still unable to leave the Hall. Might be in part because the game is on my D drive, however if there are any other work arounds I'd be glad to try (mostly since I don't want to revert too far back to avoid entering the Hall of the Unseen).

Exact error:

PillarsOfEternityII.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)  in module PillarsOfEternityII.exe at 0033:69cda3fd.

EDIT: Tried moving around, since it seemed like my characters kept catching on the map. After walking a bit (not on fast) and rearranging my party formation, I was able to exit without the game crashing. It has crashed since then, but it seems like a recurring issue on the latest patch--which I'm happy to wait for overall. 

Edited by rociothegreat

Ok. I fixed it myself.

I would like to upload my save file + crash reports but I just can't find the button here (if it exists).

If anyone else has the same problem with the game crashing every time you try to leave an area: 

Just delete   C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\Temp\Obsidian Entertainment

Worked for me...

Late reply, but thanks for this.  When the game was first released, I finished it twice without a single crash, and then stopped playing in June.  I restarted once all of the DLC was released, and it's been a crash fest left and right and always on a transition.  The way I "solved" it before was that if it crashed when going to a specific area, I would just go to a different area first, then try to zone back to the area I originally wanted to go to and it would work.  I was just stuck in the Hall of the Unseen, so I couldn't do that (of course it crashed when I tried to leave).  Deleting the temp folder solved it.

Sorry to Necro this thread but it happened to me as well just now and I am on the latest patch.

i have tried all the possible fixes others have posted (deleting temp folder/registry keys/verifying game files in Steam) and nothing worked.

in the end, I've loaded an earlier auto-save which should be created when you are first entering the halls. I then immediately went out of the maze to the overland map without completing it and i was able to load the map properly and get the "name the Island" prompt (which is for the exploration quest).

after that, I went in again and completed the maze. I was able to get out of it without any issues afterwards.

it might be that completing the maze and then trying to transition to the map where you have to name the island causes some sort of a conflict, so naming the island first and then completing the maze solves it.

hope this helps anyone,

Belegc

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear you are getting this issue again.  Would you be able to send me a copy of your save files where this is occurring?  I want to take a look and see what might be causing this issue and see if I can get you out of there.  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are located here.  If you could send that to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference, that would be great.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing your playthroughs.

In the end I have managed to leave by trying to shuffle the positions of the party members in the party, like setting a different leader etc. It took couple of tries but it did work for me.