Hasango Eothas Conversation...Gods?

In the Hasango conversation at the Adra pillar, Eothas refers to the gods as having descended rather than being created, not directly but in the manner he was speaking. He implies about the things the gods wanted in the beginning as if they were ascended mortals rather than created out of soul energy from nothing. Does anyone have any insight on this? Cheers

That would be technically correct. In PoE we learn of how the Engwithans sacrificed their own souls to create the gods, so in a way they are ascended Engwithan souls (with the caveat that each god is several kith souls.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That would be technically correct. In PoE we learn of how the Engwithans sacrificed their own souls to create the gods, so in a way they are ascended Engwithan souls (with the caveat that each god is several kith souls.)

So, they are essentially ascended souls...ascended mortals of a sort but a composition of mortal souls rather than created from scratch. They recall mortality from prior I would imagine?

Good question. I do not remember whether the point is addressed at all. Hopefully someone does and chimes in :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There are some books in The Forgotten Sanctum that shed some light on this. The Creation of the Titans (not 100% sure on the title) basically said they fused thousands (millions?) of souls together to create the god souls and used something called "The Godseed" to create their bodies.

Another book, The Man Who Would Be Skaen, basically implies that the soul of one person became the template for the god itself. In the case of Skaen it was a man who acted very much like Skaen does now. It seems the god souls were built around the soul of someone who embodied the aspects of the god they wanted to create. Whether or not the godsoul can recall the memories of all the souls used to create it is a good question, but it's probably just a faint memory if they can or you'd likely see problems along the lines of awakened souls in the world of Eora, with conflicting memories driving them mad. 

Edited by Sceptenar
  • Like 1

There are some books in The Forgotten Sanctum that shed some light on this. The Creation of the Titans (not 100% sure on the title) basically said they fused thousands (millions?) of souls together to create the god souls and used something called "The Godseed" to create their bodies.

Another book, The Man Who Would Be Skaen, basically implies that the soul of one person became the template for the god itself. In the case of Skaen it was a man who acted very much like Skaen does now. It seems the god souls were built around the soul of someone who embodied the aspects of the god they wanted to create. Whether or not the godsoul can recall the memories of all the souls used to create it is a good question, but it's probably just a faint memory if they can or you'd likely see problems along the lines of awakened souls in the world of Eora, with conflicting memories driving them mad.

I still have not gotten round to the DLC, looking forward to it. Any lore keeping must be done with caution as revealing too much at once or even everything can lead to disinterest. I think the lack of clarity and ambiguity are good things ultimately.