Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forgotten Sanctum is pretty darn good [Heavy Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Fredward

Fredward

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 146 posts

Waaait, when was I supposed to get the Godseed quest? I gave Llen her manuscript and then I helped Tayn with dispersing Wael's secrets. What's the trigger conditions and how juicy is the lore?

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Waaait, when was I supposed to get the Godseed quest? I gave Llen her manuscript and then I helped Tayn with dispersing Wael's secrets. What's the trigger conditions and how juicy is the lore?

If I understood correctly, you need to help one of the Archmages twice. So either:

- You give the unaltered books to Llengrath and do with the prisoners as she asks

or

- You give her the books altered by Tayn and release the prisioners as he wants

Edit: I actually haven't finished the quest yet, so I don't know the lore. I saved after choosing what to do with the Oracle and now I'm trying to decide if I will replay the battle and choose a different option.

Edited by InsaneCommander, 08 January 2019 - 03:20 PM.

ilsendoodle

ilsendoodle

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Steam:ilsenator1

Also, is full ending slide narration planned?

Yup! Hopefully both the endslides and Ydwin will have VO in the next patch.

Didn't see it in the patch notes, but just wanted to confirm.  Did ending VO make it into this patch?

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1166 posts
It did! I just finished a playthrough and the Forgotten Sanctum slides are fully voiced. As is Ydwin's new dialogue at Ukaizo, and the... interaction between Wael and Eothas
  • InsaneCommander and Ophiuchus like this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1166 posts
Side note: I can't believe that jackass Tayn tried to literally plant the godseed in the ground. Hey, at least the power is in safe hands.

Verde

Verde

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1574 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
Those giant spores are quite charming I must say.

Possible PoE3 alliance?
  • InsaneCommander likes this

quaggan

quaggan

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

Side note: I can't believe that jackass Tayn tried to literally plant the godseed in the ground. Hey, at least the power is in safe hands.

Well it's a seed. What else one is supposed to do with it? He's an archmage, not a biologist.

• Hawke64 likes this

handsomenat

handsomenat

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 167 posts

Well... he leaves it up to chance, as far as I understand. It can end up not growing at all or not in his lifetime. Meanwhile Llengrath wants to cultivate a body for her former self. Both ideas are concerning but I'd go with Tayn's I guess. Because it may fail.

Edited by handsomenat, 25 January 2019 - 03:28 AM.

quaggan

quaggan

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

I wonder what is it about this godseed that makes Llengrath think it's a better fit than binding her past self to a construct a la Yseyr/Devil of Caroc... or grow some more mushrooms.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Those giant spores are quite charming I must say.

Possible PoE3 alliance?

I liked them. Especially when they kept their part of the deal (not attacking me anymore).

WailingHost

WailingHost

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

What was the deal with the Frightened Child, btw?

Verde

Verde

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1574 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG

What was the deal with the Frightened Child, btw?

Only the hardest most frustrating fight in the game ha.

Or maybe the crossbow loot.

Edited by Verde, 27 January 2019 - 04:06 AM.

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1166 posts
Some kind of Watcher, considering her ability to manifest spirits. The Hand Occult is interested in Watchers in general. There's a note about her somewhere which goes into more detail iirc

WailingHost

WailingHost

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Some kind of Watcher, considering her ability to manifest spirits. The Hand Occult is interested in Watchers in general. There's a note about her somewhere which goes into more detail iirc

Yeah from what I understood she's able to manifest things from her imagination. It's said the spirits weren't really that of people, but rather from her imagination. When she's killed, one of the party members mentions 'what kind of incredible power is this in such a young child' or something to that degree. She seems like an anomaly of sorts, not even a Watcher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users