Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forgotten Sanctum is pretty darn good [Heavy Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1057 posts
The gods used to have physical bodies but gave them up after Abydon was killed. Eight of them were left at the Wheel in Ukaizo, Abydon's remained at the site of his death in the White March, the fate of one is a *mystery* and the final one is Wael's. Wael hypothesises that he hid it and then erased his own memory of hiding it.
As for why it's so big, it's hard to say. The gods' bodies were constructed and might function differently from natural bodies; maybe they just keep growing as long as they're alive and nourished?
  • brasilgringo likes this

Clerith

Clerith

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 346 posts

IOne other point -- I saw one of the other ending FS choices was to give Wael's body to "my friend" (the Watcher's friend) Conchelhaut.  Since when is he the Watcher's friend?  Doesn't he attack you at Berkana's Observatory regardless of what you do?

It's called manners, sarcasm and wit.

You've never heard of a line like "My good friend Mc****face, who I'm about to kill..."

Besides, you always have a choice to be super affectionate when talking with Colcelhaut's skull. Maybe it's a one-sided friendship! :D

• InsaneCommander, Hawke64 and OEI_Alex like this

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

On 4.0.1, Llengrath is still walking off before I can give her the godseed. Is there something I'm missing? Or any caveats to the hotfix?

Ish. Llengrath leaving is causing a lot of issues, so I'm looking to adjust that in our next patch. It's a big change, though, so I'm being careful with it. Regardless, there should be some solution in the next update.

As for why it's so big, it's hard to say. The gods' bodies were constructed and might function differently from natural bodies; maybe they just keep growing as long as they're alive and nourished?

I think there are actually some hints as to that (if not straight up answers) in some of the Oracle and Godseed content.

In other news, here's my extremely professional and skilled concept art for the body beneath the Halls Obscured:

Spoiler

• BrokenMask, InsaneCommander, Hawke64 and 1 other like this

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 360 posts

On 4.0.1, Llengrath is still walking off before I can give her the godseed. Is there something I'm missing? Or any caveats to the hotfix?

Ish. Llengrath leaving is causing a lot of issues, so I'm looking to adjust that in our next patch. It's a big change, though, so I'm being careful with it. Regardless, there should be some solution in the next update.

I think there are actually some hints as to that (if not straight up answers) in some of the Oracle and Godseed content.

In other news, here's my extremely professional and skilled concept art for the body beneath the Halls Obscured:

Spoiler

sail around the map for 10 days couldn't trigger the llengrath event

is there some requirement for it?

already triggered the island cracking tsunami event

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

sail around the map for 10 days couldn't trigger the llengrath event

is there some requirement for it?

already triggered the island cracking tsunami event

Llengrath won't approach you until near the end of the critical path. After the tsunami, though, you can access the DLC content by going there. No need to wait for her.

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 236 posts

IOne other point -- I saw one of the other ending FS choices was to give Wael's body to "my friend" (the Watcher's friend) Conchelhaut.  Since when is he the Watcher's friend?  Doesn't he attack you at Berkana's Observatory regardless of what you do?

It's called manners, sarcasm and wit.

You've never heard of a line like "My good friend Mc****face, who I'm about to kill..."

Besides, you always have a choice to be super affectionate when talking with Colcelhaut's skull. Maybe it's a one-sided friendship! :D

it just seemed odd that if it were sarcasm, you'd actually give Concelhaut the body, since that seems like a pretty nice thing to do for him.

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Except it's Concelhaut.

You do not give things to Concelhaut.

Especially god titan things.
  • anameforobsidian, BrokenMask, InsaneCommander and 4 others like this

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 360 posts

Llengrath won't approach you until near the end of the critical path. After the tsunami, though, you can access the DLC content by going there. No need to wait for her.

can not trigger the event on junk no matter sail around how many days

but triggered only one day when switch to Fonferrus

not sure if there are a bug about this

Edited by uuuhhii, 22 December 2018 - 12:32 PM.

• OEI_Alex likes this

BrokenMask

BrokenMask

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Except it's Concelhaut.

Giving the body to Concelhaut is ultimate example of Tayin's "Let's see what happens" philosophy, so I'm interested to see if even he thinks that is going too far :D

• Flouride and InsaneCommander like this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2800 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Except it's Concelhaut.
You do not give things to Concelhaut.Especially god titan things.

Giving the body to Concelhaut is ultimate example of Tayin's "Let's see what happens" philosophy, so I'm interested to see if even he thinks that is going too far :D
He is somewhat impressed.
  • BrokenMask likes this

Pus-in-Boots

Pus-in-Boots

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 86 posts

Seriously there is an option to give the body to Concelhaut? I was so hasty destroying it that I haven't even considered such a posibility. The ultimate chaotic choice, I would say.

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

can not trigger the event on junk no matter sail around how many days

but triggered only one day when switch to Fonferrus

not sure if there are a bug about this

Oh, that sounds delightful.  :facepalm:

I'll let Test know. Thanks for the head's up!

Seriously there is an option to give the body to Concelhaut? I was so hasty destroying it that I haven't even considered such a posibility. The ultimate chaotic choice, I would say.

Spoiler alert: Tayn doesn't mind.

• BrokenMask and InsaneCommander like this

Vaneglorious

Vaneglorious

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 150 posts

Does anybody know what the Trephine in the middle of the Scriptorium is for? I know I can sacrifice a memory, but what does it do?

Edited by Vaneglorious, 29 December 2018 - 12:51 PM.

Silvaren

Silvaren

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does anybody know what the Trephine in the middle of the Scriptorium is for? I know I can sacrifice a memory, but what does it do?

It summons the stairs to the final area of DLC.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2021 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Since I managed to miss out on the Godseed stuff, can someone post what I missed in spoiler tags. Both the actual quest, content and end slide if possible?

ilsendoodle

ilsendoodle

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Steam:ilsenator1

Is there a slide associated with the godseed business, or is it just like Tayn (i.e., hand in, get reward)?  

Also, is full ending slide narration planned?

Thanks.

• OEI_Alex likes this

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 360 posts

Is there a slide associated with the godseed business, or is it just like Tayn (i.e., hand in, get reward)?  

Thanks.

three ending slide about it

but trigger the quest require player either make a shady option and give llengrath modified version of tome or kill all the collection

OEI_Ian

OEI_Ian

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 27 posts

Hello uuuhhii

I was curious if you could provide us with a save before you encountered the issue with Llengrath not appearing while using the Junk. It would help us immensely in attempting to find the core of the issue! Thanks for your time!

-Ian

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yup! Hopefully both the endslides and Ydwin will have VO in the next patch.

• InsaneCommander, Wormerine, Hawke64 and 1 other like this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1993 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Except it's Concelhaut.

I chose to give it to the fungus. But it would be nice if you could ask for a body for Concelhaut and put him in one of those floating eyes instead. lol

I feel sorry for the Orlans of old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users