Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forgotten Sanctum is pretty darn good [Heavy Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is slaughtering all librarians supposed to affect the ending? After going through the Collections it seemed like a good idea, so I expected it to be mentioned somewhere.

The opportunity to save Bekarna and assist her with the spell feels quite significant. My thanks.

Reading about Saint's War after meeting Eothas and Waidwen gives some perspective. In PoEI/Dyrwood one side of the story was much more prominent (excluding the White March DLC).

• InsaneCommander and quaggan like this

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Each DLC gets some slides added to the ending. If you've done all the DLC but never did the end of the game again then you've got a bit of a show waiting for you!

I tried to keep these down to 4 per DLC at the outside (though there are a few strange things that can bump it to 5 in some cases). There were already a TON of slides, and I didn't want to shove in thirty more if 12 to 15 could do the job.

Yeah there's at least one slide about Wael's body, one about the Vithracks and one about the Godseed that I remember.

But there were a lot of choices so who knows how many variations there are, I'm actually waiting for the hotfix to play through it again

Ha! Llengrath just walked away before I could give her the Godseed. I guess I have my new "orlan baby" for PoE3 reactivity. 

Yeah in my game as well, a dev replied in another topic saying it's a bug and it'll be hotfixed

Yup! The fix is marked for inclusion in 4.0.1, so it should be good to go on Thursday.

Is slaughtering all librarians supposed to affect the ending? After going through the Collections it seemed like a good idea, so I expected it to be mentioned somewhere.

The opportunity to save Bekarna and assist her with the spell feels quite significant. My thanks.

Reading about Saint's War after meeting Eothas and Waidwen gives some perspective. In PoEI/Dyrwood one side of the story was much more prominent (excluding the White March DLC).

I don't think there's a slide for it, but there's certainly reactivity early on if you kill a bunch of Librarians.

• AndreaColombo, InsaneCommander and Hawke64 like this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1165 posts

The more ending slides the better, I say. I like to shave right before it starts and feel stubble by the end!

• InsaneCommander, Wormerine, gruedragon and 1 other like this

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

<Full Wael>

Thanks man, now I'm going to go gray trying to piece together a coherent narrative. I feel Fassina's frustration when the Chief Librarian mentionds drafts and edits.
  • OEI_Alex likes this

BrokenMask

BrokenMask

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm bit confused about how to start said Godseed quest in first place, I didn't even know it existed before I read about it on forums and I did all other quests <_<

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1165 posts
Finished it, great stuff. Some fun setups for battles, visually lovely and some really interesting lore writing. I felt a bit unsettled by the books about the end of the world that had been written in advance! I'm sad this team won't be making any more DLC but I'm certainly hoping to see more from them! I wouldn't mind seeing what they can do with a full game- PoE3 or a new setting, either would be good.

I do have a criticism regarding the ending though: I didn't actually know at the time that my conversation with Wael would decide the fate of the god body. I picked what I wanted, it was just weird to then have it happen right away. I guess I'm just used to having outcomes determined in the "real world" conversations.
  • InsaneCommander likes this

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Here's a related bug, behind the spoiler:

Spoiler

I do have a criticism regarding the ending though: I didn't actually know at the time that my conversation with Wael would decide the fate of the god body. I picked what I wanted, it was just weird to then have it happen right away. I guess I'm just used to having outcomes determined in the "real world" conversations.

Actually...

Spoiler

• AndreaColombo, InsaneCommander and gruedragon like this

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 387 posts

Here's a related bug, behind the spoiler:

Spoiler

Actually...

Spoiler

so player must alter llengrath tome or kill all the collection to trigger godseed quest?

Edited by uuuhhii, 19 December 2018 - 01:45 PM.

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

so player must alter llengrath tome or kill all the collection to trigger godseed quest?

No. Indeed, if they do those two things they will NOT get it.

BrokenMask

BrokenMask

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Umm, but I'm confused here beceuse I didn't kill the prisoners and I gave books back to llengrath without talking to Tayin first and I still didn't get the quest. Even though I did this before concluding archive(I did collections first before archive) I still didn't get the Godseed quest. So is this a bug?

Or wait, to get it do I need to let prisoners go AND alter the book or kill prisoners AND give book back, but if I help both of them I don't get it?

Edit: Oki yeah, tested this, that is how this quest is gotten yeah.

Edited by BrokenMask, 19 December 2018 - 11:50 PM.

• OEI_Alex likes this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1165 posts
I didn't think to talk to Tayn about the book. Something for next playthrough!

Kudos to whoever wrote Tayn by the way, he's a charming jackass and I consider him to be my large chaotic son.
  • InsaneCommander, Wormerine and quaggan like this

Pus-in-Boots

Pus-in-Boots

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 96 posts

And best of all, it seems like there's one missing titan body.  Three weren't there.  We've seen Abydon's and Wael's.  The fact that Eothas had to possess Waiden makes him unlikely.  I think the obvious candidate is Magran, but who knows?

Did I miss something? At which point can you check how many god bodies are missing?

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1165 posts

At the very end when you get to the Wheel, the narration mentions that there are eight alcoves underneath and all but three of them have skeletons in.  Personally my money is on Woedica; it makes the most sense to me that she was deposed before Ondra's moon drop, and they may well have deposed her by destroying her body

Pus-in-Boots

Pus-in-Boots

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 96 posts

At the very end when you get to the Wheel, the narration mentions that there are eight alcoves underneath and all but three of them have skeletons in.  Personally my money is on Woedica; it makes the most sense to me that she was deposed before Ondra's moon drop, and they may well have deposed her by destroying her body

Wouldn't her skeleton be there in that case?

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I didn't think to talk to Tayn about the book. Something for next playthrough!

Kudos to whoever wrote Tayn by the way, he's a charming jackass and I consider him to be my large chaotic son.

That was mostly Paul Kirsch. I agree that Tayn's a delight, but I don't think I'd ever trust him with anything. 

Paul also wrote every imp in Deadfire and its DLCs save for one. Which one? We'll never tell!

Wouldn't her skeleton be there in that case?

Three are missing. One is the subject of Forgotten Sanctum. One, in corpse form, is an important plot point in White March. Is the third Woedica? I wouldn't rule it out, but I also think she's something of a stickler for rules. 

• Tagaziel, glennjones130486, BrokenMask and 4 others like this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1165 posts
I figured they killed her body and dumped it somewhere, like a mob hit

Zhentar

Zhentar

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

On 4.0.1, Llengrath is still walking off before I can give her the godseed. Is there something I'm missing? Or any caveats to the hotfix?

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Three are missing. One is the subject of Forgotten Sanctum. One, in corpse form, is an important plot point in White March. Is the third Woedica? I wouldn't rule it out, but I also think she's something of a stickler for rules.

I recall the implication that the dethronement might be a convenient story created by the divine tyrants.

I'm entertaining the possibility of the third body being Skaen, if the apotheosis is fact. Making a titan takes time, so they may have built the machine with more spaces than they had titans, after Skaen in spe was selected to fill the position of a god of treachery and subterfuge.

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 387 posts

I recall the implication that the dethronement might be a convenient story created by the divine tyrants.

I'm entertaining the possibility of the third body being Skaen, if the apotheosis is fact. Making a titan takes time, so they may have built the machine with more spaces than they had titans, after Skaen in spe was selected to fill the position of a god of treachery and subterfuge.

fight with magran part are likely to be true

unlikely engwithan design woedica to be burnt and with a broken crown

but she may never be leader of god but the most powerhunger one who want to rule the gods

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts

I'm going to say this here given it's the SPOILER WARNING forum:

I saw one of the choices at the end of Forgotten Sanctum lets you use Wael's body as a weapon to stop Eothas, and that theoretically (it was reported) this changes one of the ending slides for the game.  Can someone explain in more detail what happens?  Are we actually able to stop Eothas from destroying the wheel at the end of the vanilla game?  Or does it happen anyway, and he just get beat down after that (I figured his adra body got destroyed in the finale anyway).

One of my gripes about Deadfire from a plot standpoint is that basically Eothas is a jerk to you the whole time and you have no real way to impact what he's doing.  Hopefully someone can shed more light on the new outcomes.  Thanks!

One other point -- I saw one of the other ending FS choices was to give Wael's body to "my friend" (the Watcher's friend) Conchelhaut.  Since when is he the Watcher's friend?  Doesn't he attack you at Berkana's Observatory regardless of what you do?

And lastly - can someone explain how/why Wael even has a giant body that somehow ended up underground and is made of flesh?  Is it his body from before he became a god?  if so, why is it so big?

Edited by brasilgringo, 21 December 2018 - 11:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users