Forgotten Sanctum is pretty darn good [Heavy Spoilers]

Finished it, great stuff. Some fun setups for battles, visually lovely and some really interesting lore writing. I felt a bit unsettled by the books about the end of the world that had been written in advance! I'm sad this team won't be making any more DLC but I'm certainly hoping to see more from them! I wouldn't mind seeing what they can do with a full game- PoE3 or a new setting, either would be good.

I do have a criticism regarding the ending though: I didn't actually know at the time that my conversation with Wael would decide the fate of the god body. I picked what I wanted, it was just weird to then have it happen right away. I guess I'm just used to having outcomes determined in the "real world" conversations.

• Like 1

Here's a related bug, behind the spoiler:

We found a bug where there could be trouble turning in Llengrath's tomes in to her in the Scriptorium if you let Tayn alter them. This'll prevent the player from being able to get the Godseed quest from Tayn. Though I fixed the issue yesterday, it probably won't make it into the 4.0.1 patch. 

Tayn and Llengrath move into the Scriptorium after the player has completed (confronted the big bad of) both the Archives and the Collections, so to work around this, make sure you give Llengrath the altered tomes prior to finishing both upper wings of the Halls.

I do have a criticism regarding the ending though: I didn't actually know at the time that my conversation with Wael would decide the fate of the god body. I picked what I wanted, it was just weird to then have it happen right away. I guess I'm just used to having outcomes determined in the "real world" conversations.

Actually...

The decision you make with the Oracle in the follow-up determines the ending, though what you say to Wael influences which decisions are available. Regardless of what 'agreement' you and Wael come to, for example, you can always leave the Oracle be, which results in the body returning to slumber. Alternatively, you can always kill the Oracle, which will kill the body unless you've made some alternative arrangement with Wael.  ;) 

• Like 3

Here's a related bug, behind the spoiler:

We found a bug where there could be trouble turning in Llengrath's tomes in to her in the Scriptorium if you let Tayn alter them. This'll prevent the player from being able to get the Godseed quest from Tayn. Though I fixed the issue yesterday, it probably won't make it into the 4.0.1 patch. 

Tayn and Llengrath move into the Scriptorium after the player has completed (confronted the big bad of) both the Archives and the Collections, so to work around this, make sure you give Llengrath the altered tomes prior to finishing both upper wings of the Halls.

Actually...

The decision you make with the Oracle in the follow-up determines the ending, though what you say to Wael influences which decisions are available. Regardless of what 'agreement' you and Wael come to, for example, you can always leave the Oracle be, which results in the body returning to slumber. Alternatively, you can always kill the Oracle, which will kill the body unless you've made some alternative arrangement with Wael.  ;) 

so player must alter llengrath tome or kill all the collection to trigger godseed quest?

Edited by uuuhhii

Umm, but I'm confused here beceuse I didn't kill the prisoners and I gave books back to llengrath without talking to Tayin first and I still didn't get the quest. Even though I did this before concluding archive(I did collections first before archive) I still didn't get the Godseed quest. So is this a bug?

Or wait, to get it do I need to let prisoners go AND alter the book or kill prisoners AND give book back, but if I help both of them I don't get it?

Edit: Oki yeah, tested this, that is how this quest is gotten yeah.

Edited by BrokenMask
  • Like 1

And best of all, it seems like there's one missing titan body.  Three weren't there.  We've seen Abydon's and Wael's.  The fact that Eothas had to possess Waiden makes him unlikely.  I think the obvious candidate is Magran, but who knows?

Did I miss something? At which point can you check how many god bodies are missing?

At the very end when you get to the Wheel, the narration mentions that there are eight alcoves underneath and all but three of them have skeletons in.  Personally my money is on Woedica; it makes the most sense to me that she was deposed before Ondra's moon drop, and they may well have deposed her by destroying her body

• Like 1

At the very end when you get to the Wheel, the narration mentions that there are eight alcoves underneath and all but three of them have skeletons in.  Personally my money is on Woedica; it makes the most sense to me that she was deposed before Ondra's moon drop, and they may well have deposed her by destroying her body

Wouldn't her skeleton be there in that case?

I didn't think to talk to Tayn about the book. Something for next playthrough!

Kudos to whoever wrote Tayn by the way, he's a charming jackass and I consider him to be my large chaotic son.

That was mostly Paul Kirsch. I agree that Tayn's a delight, but I don't think I'd ever trust him with anything. 

Paul also wrote every imp in Deadfire and its DLCs save for one. Which one? We'll never tell!

Wouldn't her skeleton be there in that case?

Three are missing. One is the subject of Forgotten Sanctum. One, in corpse form, is an important plot point in White March. Is the third Woedica? I wouldn't rule it out, but I also think she's something of a stickler for rules. 

• Like 8

Three are missing. One is the subject of Forgotten Sanctum. One, in corpse form, is an important plot point in White March. Is the third Woedica? I wouldn't rule it out, but I also think she's something of a stickler for rules.

I recall the implication that the dethronement might be a convenient story created by the divine tyrants.

I'm entertaining the possibility of the third body being Skaen, if the apotheosis is fact. Making a titan takes time, so they may have built the machine with more spaces than they had titans, after Skaen in spe was selected to fill the position of a god of treachery and subterfuge.

I recall the implication that the dethronement might be a convenient story created by the divine tyrants.

I'm entertaining the possibility of the third body being Skaen, if the apotheosis is fact. Making a titan takes time, so they may have built the machine with more spaces than they had titans, after Skaen in spe was selected to fill the position of a god of treachery and subterfuge.

fight with magran part are likely to be true

unlikely engwithan design woedica to be burnt and with a broken crown

but she may never be leader of god but the most powerhunger one who want to rule the gods

I'm going to say this here given it's the SPOILER WARNING forum:

I saw one of the choices at the end of Forgotten Sanctum lets you use Wael's body as a weapon to stop Eothas, and that theoretically (it was reported) this changes one of the ending slides for the game.  Can someone explain in more detail what happens?  Are we actually able to stop Eothas from destroying the wheel at the end of the vanilla game?  Or does it happen anyway, and he just get beat down after that (I figured his adra body got destroyed in the finale anyway).

One of my gripes about Deadfire from a plot standpoint is that basically Eothas is a jerk to you the whole time and you have no real way to impact what he's doing.  Hopefully someone can shed more light on the new outcomes.  Thanks!

One other point -- I saw one of the other ending FS choices was to give Wael's body to "my friend" (the Watcher's friend) Conchelhaut.  Since when is he the Watcher's friend?  Doesn't he attack you at Berkana's Observatory regardless of what you do?

And lastly - can someone explain how/why Wael even has a giant body that somehow ended up underground and is made of flesh?  Is it his body from before he became a god?  if so, why is it so big?

Edited by brasilgringo

The gods used to have physical bodies but gave them up after Abydon was killed. Eight of them were left at the Wheel in Ukaizo, Abydon's remained at the site of his death in the White March, the fate of one is a *mystery* and the final one is Wael's. Wael hypothesises that he hid it and then erased his own memory of hiding it.

As for why it's so big, it's hard to say. The gods' bodies were constructed and might function differently from natural bodies; maybe they just keep growing as long as they're alive and nourished?

• Like 1

IOne other point -- I saw one of the other ending FS choices was to give Wael's body to "my friend" (the Watcher's friend) Conchelhaut.  Since when is he the Watcher's friend?  Doesn't he attack you at Berkana's Observatory regardless of what you do?

It's called manners, sarcasm and wit.

You've never heard of a line like "My good friend Mc****face, who I'm about to kill..."

Besides, you always have a choice to be super affectionate when talking with Colcelhaut's skull. Maybe it's a one-sided friendship! :D

• Like 3

On 4.0.1, Llengrath is still walking off before I can give her the godseed. Is there something I'm missing? Or any caveats to the hotfix?

Ish. Llengrath leaving is causing a lot of issues, so I'm looking to adjust that in our next patch. It's a big change, though, so I'm being careful with it. Regardless, there should be some solution in the next update.

As for why it's so big, it's hard to say. The gods' bodies were constructed and might function differently from natural bodies; maybe they just keep growing as long as they're alive and nourished?

I think there are actually some hints as to that (if not straight up answers) in some of the Oracle and Godseed content.

In other news, here's my extremely professional and skilled concept art for the body beneath the Halls Obscured:

wackywael.jpg?w=450

• Like 4

On 4.0.1, Llengrath is still walking off before I can give her the godseed. Is there something I'm missing? Or any caveats to the hotfix?

Ish. Llengrath leaving is causing a lot of issues, so I'm looking to adjust that in our next patch. It's a big change, though, so I'm being careful with it. Regardless, there should be some solution in the next update.

I think there are actually some hints as to that (if not straight up answers) in some of the Oracle and Godseed content.

In other news, here's my extremely professional and skilled concept art for the body beneath the Halls Obscured:

wackywael.jpg?w=450

sail around the map for 10 days couldn't trigger the llengrath event

is there some requirement for it?

already triggered the island cracking tsunami event

sail around the map for 10 days couldn't trigger the llengrath event

is there some requirement for it?

already triggered the island cracking tsunami event

Llengrath won't approach you until near the end of the critical path. After the tsunami, though, you can access the DLC content by going there. No need to wait for her.

IOne other point -- I saw one of the other ending FS choices was to give Wael's body to "my friend" (the Watcher's friend) Conchelhaut.  Since when is he the Watcher's friend?  Doesn't he attack you at Berkana's Observatory regardless of what you do?

It's called manners, sarcasm and wit.

You've never heard of a line like "My good friend Mc****face, who I'm about to kill..."

Besides, you always have a choice to be super affectionate when talking with Colcelhaut's skull. Maybe it's a one-sided friendship! :D

it just seemed odd that if it were sarcasm, you'd actually give Concelhaut the body, since that seems like a pretty nice thing to do for him.

Llengrath won't approach you until near the end of the critical path. After the tsunami, though, you can access the DLC content by going there. No need to wait for her.

can not trigger the event on junk no matter sail around how many days

but triggered only one day when switch to Fonferrus

not sure if there are a bug about this

Edited by uuuhhii
  • Like 1

Except it's Concelhaut.

You do not give things to Concelhaut.Especially god titan things.

Giving the body to Concelhaut is ultimate example of Tayin's "Let's see what happens" philosophy, so I'm interested to see if even he thinks that is going too far :D

He is somewhat impressed.
  • Like 1