Not a 'worry' per se. Now that we're speaking generally about worries, would say rather than worry about the story, I hope it doesn't boil down to hackneyed "evilcorps capitalists are bad!" I'm with Blodhemn entirely on that. To be clear, I don't mind it if a corporation is bad in a game, although it's been kind of overdone, but I would rather that it be a bit more nuanced with intelligent arguments made on all sides. On the other hand, I'm not looking for the chef d'oeuvre of a generation. If there's murder, mayhem, and maybe a decision tree, it's all good. I'd like another New Vegas, built without Bethesda's cursed blessing, but I'll take what I can get.

χαίρετε

Anyone who wrote for Tyranny is a winner in my book.

Have I mentioned my book is a collection of crude jokes?

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not a 'worry' per se. Now that we're speaking generally about worries, would say rather than worry about the story, I hope it doesn't boil down to hackneyed "evilcorps capitalists are bad!" I'm with Blodhemn entirely on that. To be clear, I don't mind it if a corporation is bad in a game, although it's been kind of overdone, but I would rather that it be a bit more nuanced with intelligent arguments made on all sides. On the other hand, I'm not looking for the chef d'oeuvre of a generation. If there's murder, mayhem, and maybe a decision tree, it's all good. I'd like another New Vegas, built without Bethesda's cursed blessing, but I'll take what I can get.

I hope they save the worst of the evil corp stuff for Obsidian's Shadowrun game which I have convinced myself is inevitable since I doubt they'll be working on the White Wolf IP now.

No, you say?

giphy.gif

:p

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I hope they save the worst of the evil corp stuff for Obsidian's Shadowrun game which I have convinced myself is inevitable since I doubt they'll be working on the White Wolf IP now.

No, you say?

(edit)

:p

am now having difficulty not picturing shady front row and center for a call concert.

you hold onto your faith. will weather the storm with faith.

HA! Good Fun!

ps edited image to reduce clutter

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 3 weeks later...

I like [...] Xoti.

I don't expect Virginia Woolf or Ursula K. le Guin to be writing the prose in CRPGs, but I do expect the writing to be basically competent. For example, rather than have your character say "not that I'd be jealous" when the person over whom she is jealous is someone she's just met, you choose one of the many perfectly obvious involuntary human gestures or expressions by which we all know that a person experiencing a strong emotion will, if they are not skilled at concealing it, give her or himself away. When someone this bad at the very basics of their job is promoted within a company, you know that criteria quite different from competence are at work in the selection process. I don't claim to know what they are, only that they must be there.

LOL Oh my.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

For what it's worth, the Deadfire team was recently nominated by the Writers Guild of America for Outstanding Achievement in Video Game Writing, and many of those same people are working on The Outer Worlds.

Everyone is still free to form their own opinions, but among professional writers, the narrative team at Obsidian seems well-regarded.

• Like 9

What, second place to Cyberpunk isn't a good place to be ? How often does a proper RPG come along.  

Well they certainly don't want to launch in the same quarter. Reception wise it would be great if they get recommended off of each other.

For what it's worth, the Deadfire team was recently nominated by the Writers Guild of America for Outstanding Achievement in Video Game Writing, and many of those same people are working on The Outer Worlds.

Everyone is still free to form their own opinions, but among professional writers, the narrative team at Obsidian seems well-regarded.

This is great. It feels good to see that people who work hard and really put effort and quality into their works are recognized and rewarded (hopefully Deadfire would have been a success in sales as well). Obsidian really does works that mark people.

Concerning the thread, the writer of Outer Worlds has worked with the best in Pillars of Eternity and in Tyranny. There is no reason to doubt his work. Besides that it is silly to think that a person must be old to be given a leadership position.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Megan is a good writter(all of her characters are good written,you may not like something, but you have to admit its good) , she is at Obsidian and L Boyarsky( a legend in game dev) is her boss at TOW. Things are looking good!

I don't want to be the one, but Fallout 3 won that Writers Guild something-something award years ago.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't want to be the one, but Fallout 3 won that Writers Guild something-something award years ago.

Outstanding achievement in terrible video game writing?

This really makes me worry.

attachicon.gif1544863677476.jpg

Too sophisticated for you?

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really a fan of the writing for Kills in Shadows, but I think that's more of a reflection on my reaction to the writing for beastmen in general. I like both Bleden Mark and Xoti.

What's there to like about Xoti?