she has an mfa and wears her bangs as if she ain't trying to force you into commenting 'bout her bangs.  more substantive positive: wildstar, while an mmo, were having much o' the kinda retro scifi wacky as tOW is aiming, though am doubting cain goes full looney tunes... which, in retrospect, is too bad.  one o' the things which surprises us most in following crpgs for decades is how so many o' the self appointed disciples o' cain fail to recognize how campy were fo.  the diehards would point out the influences o' german expressionist cinema on fo setting while ignoring the influence o' mel brooks silly.  'course best part o' the twitter link is it cements how cain is having a senior narrative designer rather than insisting he is able to do such work himself.  

am not any less ambivalent 'bout the game, but the twitter link offers reason for optimism.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Worried? What for? I don't have the slightest problem with Megan. If you're brave enough to tell us you're worried surely you're brave enough to tell us why?

I'm worried because she writes like a highschooler.

http://www.literarygenius.info/education-of-william-shakespeare.htm

mark twain didn't get beyond elementary.

dickens, one o' the authors frequent invoked in any goat discussion 'bout authors, never finished high school as he were sent to debtor's prison when thirteen, following the death o' his father. 

is not difficult to find additional examples.  sure we lauded ms. starks and her acquiring o' an mfa, but am  never marginalizing folks 'cause o' lack o' education.  our comical and self-indulgent pursuit o' education taught us little save for fact successful acquire a degree don't make a person educated in any meaningful sense.

got any particular examples o' sophomoric or puerile writing from ms. starks?  is a legit query as we have not yet got around to tyranny.  and if you suggest we play tyranny for our self, then will assume you are mere hurling p00p.  if her writing is memorable bad enough to inspire a post, should be memorable 'nuff to provide specific examples along with developed rationale for your disquiet.  otherwise, am feeling justified in ignoring the genesis post as the equivalent o' a zoo chimp hurling offal at onlookers. 

HA! Good Fun!  

• Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

got any particular examples o' sophomoric or puerile writing from ms. starks? is a legit query as we have not yet got around to tyranny. and if you suggest we play tyranny for our self, then will assume you are mere hurling p00p.

among her contributions to tyranny were kills in shadow and bleden mark. neither were all that serious and all the better for it.

bleden marks like the emperors legendary - and wilful - assassin from some anime series or martial arts film. Hes hardcore, too cool for school and too old for ur ****. Obvious heel face turn candidate.

Kills in shadow is a big, lumbering, crude smelly beastwoman whos always one word away from either humping ur leg or eating it. She introduces ur party to a fun game called 'rut mate slaughter'. Shes hot af.

Xotis prob the most divisive thing ms starks has cooked up so far, but xotis very much the needy, air-sucking creature shes meant to be. question there aint so much execution as to whether rpgs should include potentially grating companions.

• Like 1

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

I don't want to trivialize the original post, but the angst because of one writer on the project just seems... unwarranted. I'm sure there will be deficiencies in the writing at times, like there are in just about every game I've ever played. I'll probably find little grammatical errors I either find irritating or humorous. If it's like the games I've played from the designers in this little niche market, I'll probably find some real gems in there also. I didn't play much of Tyranny myself. I had virtually no time to spend on it when it hit the shelves, so I don't know about this Shadow guy or the amazon bondage chick or whoever else Stark writes. I have a skill that has been absolutely vital over the years. I won't be too terribly worked up even if there are some characters, quests, or descriptions I don't like. If the gameplay is good and there are some stories that I enjoy, I won't mind the uneven moments when I'm rolling my eyes or furrowing my brow or both at the same time. I just keep in mind that I'm nothing more than a talentless hack and these guys make a living out of their writing.

I'm pretty hyped about this game. Not gonzo chomping at the bit excited. Just run of the mill looking forward to what I expect to be a fun game. If I had some grounds for thinking I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't be worried. I might argue about with people online. More likely, I'd just ignore it. ...But my days of being worried about a game pretty much ended a long time ago. I lurked in a forum following this game called the Black Hound and it got canceled. Ever since, I try to take it all in stride.

• Like 7

χαίρετε

Guys, I think you have misunderstood this thread. It's clearly a meta joke.

OP: That girl is, like, so gross.

Everyone else: What? Why?

OP: She writes, like, at high school level or something.

Everyone else: Can you give some examples.

OP: *leaves and goes to complain to her friends how nobody gets her*

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 7

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well, I hope the writing and dialogue options are more entertaining in the meat of the game. The demo felt pretty placeholder and the story is anything but inspiring in it's evil corp redundancy. Of course, the execution could render that complaint more null than void.

• Like 1

I'm worried too but not about the writing and not even really about it being first person only (though that is part of the reason). I'm worried about how well it'll stack up next to bigger named and budgeted (first person action adventure RPGish) titles that it's sure to be compared to... and I really hope it comes out well before Cyberpunk. 

Free games updated 3/4/21