Question to devs: content complete?

Stuff coming from "some member" on a forum and then "the same guy" sounds incredibly dodgy right from the start.

Sure, it's dodgy, but everyone starts somewhere along the path of data-mining.  It's usually harmless enough to take a claim at face value pending further info.

Though, in this case, the user seems to be going out of their way to avoid explaining how to reproduce their work.  It's extremely hard to hide stuff in Deadfire.  For example, concealing levels is damn near impossible when they leave separate footprints in tile sets, enumerations, audio cueing, and 3D modeling.

Should be easy enough to just say: "type this in the console to see what I found"

Sorry for my bad english :banghead: . Instead of "some member" I should have said "a member".

Sorry for my bad english :banghead: . Instead of "some member" I should have said "a member".

It's ok!  I still think we understood you.  :)

Anyway, whoever it was that started this speculation seems to have knocked it off and moved on.  There's nothing to suggest they were onto anything big besides discovering how console commands work.

Deadfire could use one more pass for increasing base game high level PotD difficulty, tweaking a few of the new subclasses, and (ideally) filling in some of the gaps re: unique weapons.

I really hope the remaining resources for this game aren't just going to be poured into turn-based mode.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

The "Baldur's Gate Spiritual Successor" thing has been running since Dragon Age Origins dropped 9 years ago. PoE2 and Kingmaker did alright, but thanks to garbage like Sword Coast Legends, the whole RPG sub-genre may have been run into the ground. DAO's success is why you've seen so many old-school revival games.

Dragon Age 4 is in production, and it will hopefully return to its roots (though I feel it will chase the Witcher 3 dollars instead, just like DAI chased Skyrim). If DA4 does well, I think the old-school CRPG trend continues.

Not that it means much, but each free DLC has had lax+letter prefix in the game’s files. Turn-based mode has the laxh prefix, and there are some empty folders left in the localization directories with the laxi prefix. So maybe Obsidian is going to release another piece of free DLC during the console launch for Deadfire.

• Like 2

Not that it means much, but each free DLC has had lax+letter prefix in the game’s files. Turn-based mode has the laxh prefix, and there are some empty folders left in the localization directories with the laxi prefix. So maybe Obsidian is going to release another piece of free DLC during the console launch for Deadfire.

LAXI is the final Magran's challenge: The Ultimate

• Like 1

There's also a scripted interaction scene and an item labeled "laxi" in the game files; at a guess they're planning on actually doing something with the Crown Of The Exiled Queen

Things I'm expecting to see in LAXI

- The last Magran's challenge

- A possible megaboss

- Woedica's final sales pitch to the watcher

There's also a scripted interaction scene and an item labeled "laxi" in the game files; at a guess they're planning on actually doing something with the Crown Of The Exiled Queen

Things I'm expecting to see in LAXI

- The last Magran's challenge

- A possible megaboss

- Woedica's final sales pitch to the watcher

They could make

an optional Eothas megaboss, like Dorudugan but even stronger. It wouldn't make sense if didn't affect the ending though.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

They could make

an optional Eothas megaboss, like Dorudugan but even stronger. It wouldn't make sense if didn't affect the ending though.

Might have spoken too soon about any mega-boss predictions, but LAXI adding the final Magran's challenge and a heart-to-heart with The Exiled Queen seems to be well-supported by the available data.

#Team_Woedica ♛

• Like 3