Question to devs: content complete?

Hearing about how lighthearted Divinity OS is is probably the main reason I've yet to bother with it. I'm glad Pillars 1 was around to give me a nice dry grim setting, lol

it's like having a dm that hides total lack of narrative ambition under cliche hooks and groaner jokes and puns. attempts at bring lighthearted and funny has to succeed in order to get credit for it

Edited by Cartoons Plural

Poe1 benifited from nostalgia and the whole Kickstarter craze but there are several isometric crowd funded RPGs now and several of those projects have been disappointing for some people.

PoE1, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker. What else? Being a fan of this particular genre (and essentially no other genre), I'd be happy to know. "Several" surely implies more than two.

Fine my wording was a off, POE1 obviously disappointed some and Numenera did too. There is also tyranny while that game wasn't crowd funded it was in the same genre and was also a disappointment to many (though I personally loved it and am sad it didn't do so well)

There aren't many games like this made and some of them have not done very well or just done ok. My point remains the same POE1 benifited from timing.

Poe1 benifited from nostalgia and the whole Kickstarter craze but there are several isometric crowd funded RPGs now and several of those projects have been disappointing for some people.

PoE1, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker. What else? Being a fan of this particular genre (and essentially no other genre), I'd be happy to know. "Several" surely implies more than two.

Sword Coast Legends? :p

Edit: strange. I tried to find it on Steam to see what people are talking about it and it doesn't show up in the search. Am I spelling it wrongly?

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Edit: strange. I tried to find it on Steam to see what people are talking about it and it doesn't show up in the search. Am I spelling it wrongly?

You can't find it because it was removed from stores back in Dec 2017.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Coast_Legends

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

'cause it flopped big time.

Hearing about how lighthearted Divinity OS is is probably the main reason I've yet to bother with it. I'm glad Pillars 1 was around to give me a nice dry grim setting, lol

I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing and OS has it's grimdark elements. I just mean it's kind of less serious with the way it's written. Kinda like BG2 or Dragon Age. Dark plotlines but the characters and the mood is more upbeat. POE and deadfire has it's jokes and it's lighthearted moments but they are few and far between. I just think that might be a big part of why it's not so popular. 

I disagree. I know I'm beating a dead horse by bringing this up but Wticher 3 has a dead baby in it that comes back to life after some rather awful circumstances. Sexual violence is also a part of the narrative seeing as Eredin wants Ciri to foster his child due to the Prophecy that it will control everything and I have no doubt she would not consent to having sex with him. Dark settings aren't the problem. I'm more partial to the idea that it just doesn't have the same type of exposure for a variety of reasons.

Edited by Big-Ben

Yes! We have no bananas.

In the codex forum one member says there is a fourth DLC.

I haven´t finished my campaign yet. I'll wait....

Shush. I already killed my hopes for a proper, major post campain expansion exploring the aftermath of Eothas actions and Deadfire's state after factions conflict. 

Do not rekindle those hopes. 

• Like 2

There are still some serious bugs as I may have mentioned previously.

For example, endings slides still don't make sense. I killed a certain pirate during a questline and yet he is leading them in the slides.

Plus a ton of random small bugs - multiple modals still show up (at one pt I had 4!) super loud Drake sound, multiple missives, DLC quests not able to he completed.

• Like 2

Yeah, there are still bugs, and some of them are indeed serious. Super loud drake sound is extremely annoying, but it is merely cosmetic. However, the fact that the Forgotton Sanctum doesn't start on my game is not cosmetic. Nor is the bug that someone just recently reported here: no Rekke in the flotsam.

In the codex forum one member says there is a fourth DLC.

I haven´t finished my campaign yet. I'll wait....

The only clue that there is/was a fourth DLC in this (or some alternate) universe is that the internal code recognizes LAX4 as a valid product configuration.  The game will check if the appropriate directory is there, and will load LAX4 files should it find them.  Beyond that, there is currently no evidence it is connected to anything, nor is there anything to back up claims that a secret DLC exists and is is populated with stuff.

As I'm sure Fake Carl Sagan would say: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary excuses why you can't specify where your information came from."

FYI: The backer beta enumerated up to LAX9.

• Like 6

In the codex forums the same guy has posted videos with the new DLC.

Nooope.

Get your cheats on and warp over to check out their "discovery".  It's some random stuff that was present at least as far back at Deadfire version 1.2, and probably shipped at release.  Nothing particularly new.

AreaTransition AR_0702_Temple_Magran 1 1

AreaTransition AR_0710_Temple_Magran_Tomb 1 1

AreaTransition AR_0002_vfx_test 1 1

AreaTransition combat_test_poe2 1 1

• Like 2

ahhh. Ok. I haven't seen the video because I don't want spoilers. He talks about a new village.

The video is just standing around in AR_0702_Temple_Magran, which appears mostly to be an indoor variant of Magran's Temple at The Sacred Stair.

Edit:  Also, they turned off the music in settings.  That's why the temple is reduced to spooky-sounding ambient noise.

There is currently no proof of any additional areas besides their word that the new place is totally awesome but for some reason the mods won't permit them to post screenshots or explain how to access them.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 1

Stuff coming from "some member" on a forum and then "the same guy" sounds incredibly dodgy right from the start.

Sure, it's dodgy, but everyone starts somewhere along the path of data-mining.  It's usually harmless enough to take a claim at face value pending further info.

Though, in this case, the user seems to be going out of their way to avoid explaining how to reproduce their work.  It's extremely hard to hide stuff in Deadfire.  For example, concealing levels is damn near impossible when they leave separate footprints in tile sets, enumerations, audio cueing, and 3D modeling.

Should be easy enough to just say: "type this in the console to see what I found"

Regarding sales numbers. We could do a poll.

1 copy here + [Add yours here] = [Current total] 1

(Yes, i am joking. Unless it becomes a world-wide poll-meme. In that case I was totally serious.)

Nerf Troubadour!