Hello my friends  :dancing:

Finally i start a new character - Loremaster (combination of chanter skald and wizzard no subclass).

My planned was to be a sword and shield style, to be tanky and a good dmg dealer.

To achieve the tanky i thought about medium shield like Nerian's Ward, its reduced incoming dmg and the penalty of the accuracy (-4) is not so high.

For the weapon i choose Gladiator sword for the start, later i will go for Duskfall (The upgrade of that sword is a nice, for example +20 deflaction on the start of the combat in ship combat its realy nice when all the enemies shoot on you..), and if its not enough we have alot of buffs and defence from wizzard spells.

To achieve dmg i tought to use wizzard spells and chanter spells.

In the chanter section i tought on AoE dmg  - Thrice she was wrong, but the problem was that its against reflex, how i can i down reflex on AoE ?

Most of the posts here and builds use faill weapon modal, but what about Chill fog from wizzard spell ? Chill fog make enemies blinded and down the perseption(-5) = - reflex.

So if i am not wrong Chill fog + Thrice she was wrong + Combusting wonds is a very strong combo on the start of the game..

And now for the questions: :devil:  

1. The combo is good  (perseption(-5) = - reflex) ?  :blink:

2. I didnt see any build of Loremaster, why is that ? am i miss something ?

3. How can i add more combos to that build ?

4. What about items  to upgrade electricity dmg from Thrice she was wrong ?

5. The bonus accuracy and dmg from weapon like Fine/Expetentioal/superb.. is influencing on the spells to ? or only when i melee attack with that weapon ?

6. The Frendliy Aura of the chanter is influencing on him to ? i mean when when i play solo ..

Edited by Brom105

Loremaster works fine. Invocations are quite useful for helping you last the whole fight at earlier levels, and later on they can fill in some holes in the wizard's panoply (summons, notably). Skald will probably be okay if your MO is to buff and charge into melee, but it's worse than Troubadour both in general and specifically for a Loremaster, as crits with spells don't grant phrases.

You are correct in thinking that Chill Fog is phenomenally good as an AoE debuff. Blinded is one of the best afflictions available.

Last I checked Thrice She Was Wronged is nothing special, but if you're really committed to improving it, you'll want a suit of armor called Deltro's Cage.

Weapons bonuses do not apply to spells (although some weapons provide general bonuses, such as PL increases, which will improve spells).

A Chanter does indeed benefit from their own Phrases.

Basically, your approach should work fine, although it's not necessarily the 100% most optimal route to take for the multiclass. You're a chanter, you'll do great.

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Loremaster works fine. Invocations are quite useful for helping you last the whole fight at earlier levels, and later on they can fill in some holes in the wizard's panoply (summons, notably). Skald will probably be okay if your MO is to buff and charge into melee, but it's worse than Troubadour both in general and specifically for a Loremaster, as crits with spells don't grant phrases.

You are correct in thinking that Chill Fog is phenomenally good as an AoE debuff. Blinded is one of the best afflictions available.

Last I checked Thrice She Was Wronged is nothing special, but if you're really committed to improving it, you'll want a suit of armor called Deltro's Cage.

Weapons bonuses do not apply to spells (although some weapons provide general bonuses, such as PL increases, which will improve spells).

A Chanter does indeed benefit from their own Phrases.

Basically, your approach should work fine, although it's not necessarily the 100% most optimal route to take for the multiclass. You're a chanter, you'll do great.

Thank you very much !