Freezes and Crashes

Gregor Eisenhorn

Question

Hello and thanks in advance for your time and help.

I've played the game for about a 100 hours when it first came out, and then decided to wait for all the dlcs to roll out before coming back for another bunch of playthroughs. In my first experience i didn't have any technical or performance issue at all, and the system i'm playing with is the same. What essentially happens is, after a few minutes of gameplay, between 2 and 5 tops, i experience a complete freeze with sound that continues to work for about 10-15 seconds before stopping aswell, followed by a crash. It's not zone dependent, it happene during character creation (for 2 hours straight) and in other parts of the game i tested through previous saves. I did a bit of digging and searching and i saw that there were similar issues in some older topics. So i started trying out things. I'll try to remember and list all the fixes i tried:

-Disiable Vsync and selecting Fullscreen
-Running the game in Win Vista compatibility
-Changing Resolution and Graphics settings multiple times, ranging from minimum windowed performance to top tier, etc.
-Disabled steam overlay
-Disabled second monitor and tried to fiddle with the settings again
-Uninstalled and reinstalled everything
-Tweaked with the NVIDIA control panel settings
-Limited the FPS via the in game option (down to 60 and 30)

My specs are:
-Intel Core i7
-16gb memory
-Windows 7 Ultimate x64
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX  980

Crash Report
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/128Yl8dcGFjMFgE7hya9Nl1-mwTmPhpjm?usp=sharing

Output Log
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/124V7QXh5aVrH_x3H_PipwIaxjPQ1I6YB?usp=sharing

Thanks again for your time and help.

4 answers to this question

Hello Gregor,

Thank you for calling this out to us. We are currently investigating the cause of this issue and hope to have it resolved soon. In the meantime feel free to ask any further questions you may have, and we hope that you enjoy your time in the Deadfire.

-Ian

Hello again Gregor,

I've been informed that we need the .dmp files that come along with these crashes to better understand them. If they are present they should be created in the crash file when the game's pop-up occurs notifying of a crash. If these are present, we would be grateful if you could send them our way. Thanks again for your support.

-Ian

Thank you for your reply. I checked the folder and the only crash dump file present was without any data on it (0 KB). But this got me wondering; so a couple of old posts on the steam forums and after a total of three days i finally managed to find a solution.
Apparently it was all caused by the enabled telemetry in the options, probably conflicting with my antivirus, which in turn caused the freezes

Thanks anways for your time and assistance, it has been greatly appreciated.

• Like 1