[4.0] Forbidden Curse DoT bug

Rolor

Question

Hello,

Playing a shadowdancer using the new monk subclass. The raw dmg DoT of the forbidden curse is out of control right now. Every damage increase on your character is applied to it for every curse stack, including the stacking +25% dmg on your Forbidden Fist attacks. Although the fist does quite some damage, you basically kill yourself if you use it twice or more. I'm only lvl 4 with 12 Might. See for yourself :

xaSfGF2.png

FZUjbGT.png

mMQNgyz.png

ZbtT9dZ.png

Clarity of Agony can reduce the duration a lot, however it costs Wounds. Forbidden Fist's wounds cost increases with each use, so realistically you would have to rely on dance of death to be able to use it and not die quickly. Considering the damage, this still restricts you to a practical maximum of 2 stacks. I doubt this was the original intention behind this subclass and the way the dot damage increases makes no sense anyway.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

(I'm adding my 25 cents about Forbidden Fist because it's not just the raw damage, but also duration).

With a newly created single class monk

Attributes: M12,C17,D17,P10,I10,R12

On first use in combat - POTD upscaled - "Forbidden Fist" adds the curse with a duration of 19.4 seconds. That has got to be a bug. It invalidates the whole class.

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

In addition to the damage stacking, i want to also point out two problems on the duration of the skill.

The effective duration (24.3s in my case) doesn't fit the tooltip duration (18.2s when you hover the mouse on the line), I'm in Ptod upscale if that matter.

(I don't have the rigth to post the image)

The 41s enfeebled effect is also supspicious, tooltip says 21s...

In addition to that the curse is considered a beneficial ability so ability power, high intelligence and turning wheel quickly put the initial 10s close to 20s and your resolve is not considered. So as you gain level this ability can be used less and less often.

Other than that the game is a more challenging and better than ever, great job ! :)

Thank you for releasing a hotfix.

However, either I misunderstand the skill or this is not entirely fixed :

Yd348k8.png

Not only do your own global damage multipliers still apply to the curse (which again makes no sense to me), but this is also still the case for the stacking +25% increase exclusive to the Forbidden Fist. If I refer to the tooltip, this should only increase the Forbidden Fist's damage, not the curse.

7c9EV1m.png

If I refer to my common sense, i'm better off rerolling if this is intended, as there is no way I would play using this skill with such a drawback.