The Forgotten Sanctum DLC not triggering

hamskii

Question

So I installed the DLC as soon as it arrived yesterday, sailed around a bit (I'm at 20th level), got  a scripted interaction about a giant earthquake, received a letter about the Critter Crusher (or whatever it's called!), and then...nothing. Sailed around some more, sailed to The Black Isles (which is now covered in tentacles that yield kith meat when harvested), entered the Hall of the Unseen, found my way to the centre, and everything is the same as it was.

I tried restarting Steam, and that didn't work. Then I tried unticking The Forgotten Sanctum box, restarting Steam, ticking the box, waiting for it to download, and opening the game. The DLC buttons in the bottom left corner of the main menu said The Forgotten Sanctum was installed, I loaded my save and...nothing. Then I tried loading an earlier save and had exactly the same problem as earlier.

This morning, I tried again - unticked *all* DLC boxes, waited for them to turn grey, ticked them all again, restarted Steam, waited for them to all turn white, launched the game, and...same experience again.

The fact that I appear to be getting some but not of the DLC content has led me to believe that my problem is not the same as this one, where the DLC isn't installing for Season Pass users. I think mine is a different bug where the scripted interaction with Llengrath never triggers.

I have attached my savegame in case it's useful for debugging.

Wulfrun (8ebba82c-325c-493a-856a-ced1f38c4444) autosave_2.savegame.zip

Edited by hamskii

9 answers to this question

Hi, Wulfrun. This save game is from the Backer Beta. Do you happen to have one from right before the DLC is supposed to trigger? That would help us to narrow down the issue. Also, any output_log.txt files from your game would be helpful. I've put in a bug report for this issue and hopefully we can narrow down the problem you and TheWye are experiencing. Thank you both for your help and your patience. 

• Like 1

--Doug.

Same here. Got the event with the giant wave. Been sailing all around Tikawara for days and nothing happens. I took the afternoon off from work to play this and I can’t even start it. I have season pass and dlc appears to be installed properly on main menu. I have never installed any beta branch. Just playing my last save from after last dlc.

Hi, Wulfrun. This save game is from the Backer Beta. Do you happen to have one from right before the DLC is supposed to trigger? That would help us to narrow down the issue. Also, any output_log.txt files from your game would be helpful. I've put in a bug report for this issue and hopefully we can narrow down the problem you and TheWye are experiencing. Thank you both for your help and your patience.

:facepalm:

Sorry, I was looking in the wrong save game folder!! Here's one that I'm pretty sure is from yesterday: http://www.filedropper.com/wulfrun3edbc526-1aa6-4f05-9ea3-64b42f8dc292lax-12abcdefquicksave

Edited by hamskii

So, it would appear that this save game doesn't have the latest DLC installed on it. You can tell by the save game name. This one has LAX-12ABCDEF. That means you have SSS and BoW, but not Forgotten Sanctum. If that were installed, it would read LAX-123ABCDEFG. Can you do me another favor and tell me what the version number you're running is? You can find it in the top right corner of your main game menu and it should read, with everything installed, v4.0.0.0034 (or 33, depending on where you downloaded it from) LAX123ABCDEFG. Please let me know what yours reads.

--Doug.

Okay, GamerSerg, let's see if this helps:

If you've received the tidal wave event, you should go to the Black Isle. Then complete the Hall of the Unseen there. This should open up a stairway at the very end of that dungeon. That's the entrance to the new content.

If that doesn't help, please shoot me a save game.

• Like 1

--Doug.

Hey Doug, thanks it seems to work for me. I checked my latest save file and it indeed says LAX-123ABCDEFG. I loaded it and sailed to the Black Isle and found the entrance in the center of the circle-maze. Note that I had previously triggered the wave event, but didn't have Llengrath flying to me, it just ended with my crew member getting injured (what's up with that event anyways?)

The story seems to start awkwardly though, with my party suddenly stumbling into Llengrath and began conversation immediately.

But all in all, I'm just happy I can start with this DLC. Thanks again, Doug!

So, it would appear that this save game doesn't have the latest DLC installed on it. You can tell by the save game name. This one has LAX-12ABCDEF. That means you have SSS and BoW, but not Forgotten Sanctum. If that were installed, it would read LAX-123ABCDEFG. Can you do me another favor and tell me what the version number you're running is? You can find it in the top right corner of your main game menu and it should read, with everything installed, v4.0.0.0034 (or 33, depending on where you downloaded it from) LAX123ABCDEFG. Please let me know what yours reads.

I was running 4.0, but it seems that I didn't have the problem after all - I just didn't spot the new staircase in the Hall of the Unseen. Went right to the centre and totally missed it :facepalm: