Can't get to main menu since downloading Sanctum

MotelOK

Question

I downloaded the DLC, tried booting up the game, managed to get to the "Versus Evil" screen, then everything goes black while the music continues to play. I click the mouse once and windows pops up and says "this program is not responding". I tried restarting steam and launching the game, tried verifying my install, tried restarting my computer, no dice. I didn't have any problems with the other two DLCs, or the base game. Running Windows 10 Home with a Ryzen 3 x1300 and GTX 1050. I haven't touched the game since SSS came out about two months ago.

5 answers to this question

Hi, MotelOK. I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem. If possible, could you attach your DXDiag file to this issue so we can try to narrow down what's occurring? In the meantime I'm forwarding this issue to the development team to see if they have any idea what may be happening. I might also suggest an uninstall/re-install if you are amenable to that. Thank you for your patience.

--Doug.

Thank you for attaching that file. I've just spoken to the programmers and they have another request, if you can provide it. It's your output_log.txt file. Here are the instructions on where to find it, and it's what they're really after:

Crash Output

This only applies if you experienced a crash. If the game crashes, in many cases it will create a folder containing crash information (including a Crash log, output log, and save file). This folder will appear inside your client next to the game launcher (PillarsOfEternityII.exe). The name of the folder will be of the following format:

YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS

Example: 2018-05-08_081722

The game should generate this log file even if it doesn't start. If the game doesn't generate that folder, then you may be able to find it in your PillarsOfEternityII_Data folder. Thank you so much for your patience as we try to resolve this issue.

--Doug.

After the various patches that have come out, I was able to reach the main menu and load my saves, so it looks like everything is fixed. There is about a 30 second delay between the "Versus Evil" screen and the main menu, but other than that it works out. Thanks Obsidian.