Robes of the Weyc. Empower and Blood mage

The problem is that the Blood Mage looses Empower as penalty, so he can't progress with the robe from the Forgotten Sanctum

Don't you think, that it shouldn't be like this?

Edit, as I see the robe is meant to make you use empower, so the robe is practically useless ofr the Blood mage,

That's a bit unfair :(

Edited by Gregorovich

Blood magic is my thing, will almost exclusively play the class type whenever I have the option. I remade my character right away when it came with the beta. Now I'm remaking my character again because of this, sad face.

Could you tell me the effects of the Robes? I would like to know if I should brave the storm and keep Blood Mage anyway.

a8rnSL1.png

There's at least one additional ability that's not shown in the screenshot. IIRC it gives Brilliant to allies within range for 4s after using Empower.

You can still use it with a Blood Mage and benefit from the first two abilities and a rad-looking Legendary robe, but there'll be Empower-related abilities that'll do nothing for you.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

-snip-

There's at least one additional ability that's not shown in the screenshot. IIRC it gives Brilliant to allies within range for 4s after using Empower.

You can still use it with a Blood Mage and benefit from the first two abilities and a rad-looking Legendary robe, but there'll be Empower-related abilities that'll do nothing for you.

I appreciate you!. Both of those unique abilities are definitely nice, but from your information it's not enough to make me abandon Blood Mage just yet. I can cancel my No Subclass run I just created.

Now, going off of what the OP said earlier, the use of Empower is necessary to progress this item? Would I miss out on the Legendary effect or just the last two passives?

Edited by jonnyedm

But there are plenty of other armors for a Bloodmage, aren't there? Surely one single, high lvl robe can't have such a big impact on your decision to play a Bloodmage. Or can it?

Both games in this series have denied robe wearers style points, hell in the first game I only wore enchanted Dyrwoodan clothes (and Stalwart clothes for the roleplay). These robes are what I've been wanting for a long time.

I unlocked it with the Unity Console and didn’t make note of the conditions, sorry : -/

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well, I just had a hope there would be something unique, specifically for the Blood Mage, and the Robe looks so nice :(

Anyway, it's the best wiz subclass, especially if you multiclass and micromanage your spells.

I just want to try it with other multiclasses, Paladin, Rogue, Fighter (Tactician?, not sure)

Although, Furyshaper feels veeery good

Edited by Gregorovich

If it's any consolation, I think the robe is currently bugged, as it wasn't registering any empowers I used and so I couldn't advance it regardless of class. ;)

It works for me just fine - didn't use enough empowers to progress, but they are getting registered.

Just to make sure, you have to empower abilities - I don't think refreshing your resource pool works. 

Or the Unity Console mod if you’re keen on keeping achievements.