Bug or intended? POTD questions.

Novas

Question

Hi,

I did continue a save I had on POTD difficulty. I did come to some fights that was marked in Quest log apropiate for my level, still I encounter mobs with 3 red skulls one shotting me. I tried to go to different quest and some was really easy like I was playing on normal, and some fight was impossible, still marked in quest log as appropriate for my level.

I wanted to change to a easier difficulty but that was not avalible in the option, was greyed out. So I guessed you can't change POTD.
So I started a new game with one step lower on difficulty, this time everything was to easy and I it was not fun. So again I started a new game on POTD again =)

Here comes the strange things, now all is more like it should be on POTD, hard but not impossible. But after playing a bit some mob packs that I did some hours before on my first save are much easier, almost like it's on normal or hard.
And when checking difficulty I can now change from POTD to any difficulty I want? I can't find any patch note that says a change to this.
Even if I start new game in POTD I can change the difficulty in game. Is this intended?

I can give an example, The last fight in Oathbinder's Sanctum there was 10 enemies both on my first save and second on POTD. I went there at different level where my first save I had much higher level then my second time., the first save 6 of them had 3 red skulls on their heads. The fight was really hard and it toke me 3h to finish it with a lot of tricks. On my second save the highest mob has one white skull and the fight was really easy in comparison and still I was like 3-4 levels lower then my first time.

It feels like the level scaling is not working correctly. Both my games I have scale all and only up.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question