Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Party Advice] 2nd playthrough

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

DeeKayNL

DeeKayNL

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts

Well I did all quests in Defiance Bay. The I went for levels 5 till 9 , i thought. At the end of level 7 I just get demolished. Tried the fight several times.

Maybe I should do WM first.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2452 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
If you can't storm the place it's better to look for other areas.

Once your party is lvl 9 you can clear endless paths to lvl 11-13 in one go. Or you can go to WM, and after it clear EP completely.

Generally you go to EP for xp and specific loot, like Argwes Adra on lvl 8, Ring of Thorns on lvl 11, Drawn-in-Spring on lvl 12 and so on.

Edited by MaxQuest, 16 December 2018 - 11:51 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15272 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The Golden Dragon can also be played perfectly fine with Badgradr's Barricade by the way. If you dropped CON I wouldn't advise to drop the shield as well. Because he will be dead quickly. The Golden Dragon is all about raising his defenses while lowering enemies' accuracy - so your whole party becomes more sturdy. He's kind of a support char who can tank (after some levels) and also does good damage compared to other tanks.

I used Larder Door until I found some exceptional shield (the Solace one from the Drake in the Endless Paths).

It is totally cool to have a dual sabre setup in one weapon slot and a sabre + shield combo in the other though. So you can switch between speed and defense. No need to take Two Weapon Style.

DeeKayNL

DeeKayNL

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
Thank you both for you answers. I am running dual wield bittercut and reasoning?? With a plate armor.

I was wondering.. The golden scales are medium armor. Is this pure for astetics or also functionality??

Ps I just got to level 9 with my chanter. I got the dragon trash. But how do I set up the chants? Dragon trash as 3rd? My setup now is 1st cc debuf, 2nd the duration of frightened a d 3rd the dragon trash. That OK?

DeeKayNL

DeeKayNL

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
Ow man.... I just found out I can't get the sword for the chanter. I choose the wrong option with The old watcher.

Dang it. Any tips for a replacement?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15272 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Sure. The sabre is not that important. Actually the weapon is not important on a Dragon-Thrashed-Chanter at all. You can use anything.

Just put Dragon Thrashed into your chant book and nothing else. It will repeat over and over again and stack with itself, doing ridiculous AoE damage.

Edited by Boeroer, 17 December 2018 - 11:44 AM.

DeeKayNL

DeeKayNL

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts

I did what you said and wow that damage :p Love it!!

PS i found a grimoire in durgans Battery. Still not the one with Shadowflame.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2452 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
^ Check point 8 of this guide for the location of "Ninagauth's Black Pages" grimoire.

DeeKayNL

DeeKayNL

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
Thank you!! I found it. The spell amazing. I use it almost any big encounter.

I was reading the build posts for my characters. A lot got gear is durgan refined. But I got a really small supply. Maybe for 2 times? Or am I missing a lot of ingredients? I searched every nook and cranny in Durgans Battery and all its levels. Or is every build using the same durgan refinement ingredients?

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2452 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Here's the list of locations where you can find Durgan Ingots.

There are altogether 36 Durgan Iron Ingots to be found throughout the whole game, 22 in The White March expansion Part I and 14 in Part II, respectively.

Edited by MaxQuest, 21 December 2018 - 03:29 AM.

DeeKayNL

DeeKayNL

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts

Thanks!! I just finished the game! had a blast. I am preparing for Pillars 2. Gonna have to do a lot of research and asking again for a good party.

Thank you all again for all your help!!

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2452 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Whoa, that was fast :)

Grats on the completion and a new journey that awaits in Deadfire)

DeeKayNL

DeeKayNL

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
I probably skipped the bounty but tried to a lot of quests also those of companions that stayed at caed nua.

Also got to much time on my hands.

Excited to play part 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users