Note: I didn't see a thread and searching for outer worlds didn't pop up with one. I figure either there's an official forum hosted by the publisher or I just didn't find the thread. In that case, I guess just shut down my little thread.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/12/06/obsidian-the-outer-worlds/

Anyway, I heard about this game last night from a friend. I wasn't where I could easily hear the trailer, but the second I got home today watched it. When my buddy first brought it up and showed me the webpage on it, I was so excited at the thought that it was a Firefly game (curse you, you rat bastards at Fox!). Then he explained that it was a new IP and kind of a successor to Fallout with a bit of Bioshock mixed in. When the trailer first started I was briefly disappointed because I thought it was a Bioshock clone. However, it quickly became clear that it's more.

I'm so excited about this game. It's not even that they bring up Fallout. Everyone seems to try to use old skool titles to get us to buy into new games. Well, this game looks good Fallout or not. The humor so far looks spot on. The scene with the woman being traumatized upon seeing someone murdered in front of her is a breath of fresh air. In any sort of working society, seeing folks nonchalantly slaughtered will cause people distress.

I was so excited when Pillars first shipped, and I enjoyed the game quite a bit, but I've only played it once. Fallout New Vegas, however, is on my all time favorites list. It's simply superb. It looks like this one might be even better because the writing won't be hampered by Bethesda's pathetic dialogue routines that I'm certain were meant to make the world feel more populated but had the opposite effect for me.

I know that I have to temper my expectations, so I probably won't even follow the game as such. I'll just keep myself posted about the disposition of the development. Anyhow, I'm sure I've probably posted this in the wrong place or something, so just move or close it and let me know.

χαίρετε

It has it's own sub forum here. Just below this section for me anyways.

Indeed...moved.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's all good. You're going to work harder on the slow bit to beat the competition (me!) here :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein