So i'm playing a cleric and i'm looking for a good flail weapon. I found a few like Ball and Chain or Sun and Moon but i'm a bit confused on the effects.

For instance Ball and Chain says -2% Action Speed. Does that mean that it Reduces my action speed IE making me slower? Or does it speed up my action speed making me faster?

Just to be sure - are you playing a Priest or a Cleric (Fighter/Priest)?

Ball and Chain puts a stacking 2% Action Speed debuff on the target. It makes the target slower with every hit (up to -20%).

Edit: dammit MaxQuest!

223-18-Fist-Shaking-Tantrum-Gif.gif

;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

This post is a fantastic example of how obtuse PoE mechanics are to understand.

Most of Deadfire mechanics are actually quite clear - you just have to read them like a lawyer, paying very close attention to wording, and then you generally won't be surprised.

Inversions are probably the main obtuse aspect of PoE.

• Like 2

Hm... I find the descriptions better than in PoE - but still very woolly most of the time (no numbers given etc.) - and sometimes they are just wrong.

Yeah, I guess I should've said "when it's correct Deadfire is pretty clear." Most stuff is pretty clear, in part because it's auto-generated. Then you have funky stuff with keywording or unclearly auto-generated tooltips (like the withering strike ugprade that does more damage over time).

• Like 1