So, I just defeated the Emperess afeter a whole evening trying. I used 3 tanks: Éder [figh], Pallegina [pal] & Mirke [monk]. Watcher was a wizard and took Vatnir [priest] as a healer/buffer/scroll reader. Used the formula shark soup + luminous adra potions + 20 great malestrom scrolls. Also that ring with 3 respawns with no wounds played a crucial role, as did her wearer - the drunkard monk.

I did quite well collapsing all the spider huts with the malestrom scrolls, and after that manage to tank the boss for about 10 min, when she started to use consume. That eventually puted Éder down, with two wounds and no adra or healing potions left. I had made a few mistakes, probably the worst was that of insuficcient potions. The other was having no other alternatives to do crush/corrode damage in the late battle beyond the weapons of my tanks - and now only two of them were up! But the bloody spider was quite close near death and I decedided to kep trying. Thanks to the miraculous ring of time travel, Mirke was still raging strong, unharmed and with an adra potion. Pallegina also woulld be able to hold the tide for quite a while. But the wizard was renderd useless save for the crushing of his staff, poor Vatnir was hiding at a corner, saving his last ressurrection spell for a wise shot.

And then it happend: Mirke kept kickin Belaranga's ass with some ability, and the Lady Queen would fall with her belly upwards for a few seconds, and then get up. That time, however, things went on different, and she remained down, pathethically shaking her legs. Maybe she was to exausted and wounded? Whatever, when I realized the crippling was permanent - or at least quite persistent - I ressurrected Éder and smashed her to death. I wonder, it was probably a bug, but I was so damn tired after so many previous fruiteless attempts that I decided to take the reward and proceed as a champion anyway.

Edited by brunachos

I believe this is the ring that was mentioned above: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Ring_of_Reset

Holy cow, don't remember having seen this before.

Saving Fate: Grants Saving Fate (Revive with 500 Health, Immune to Injury afflictions - Total 3 charges).

Note that the item tag on the link cited appears to be wrong (for the Ring of Mule's Wit).

This Ring of Reset looks like it would be great for Belranga, surprised it hasn't been mentioned much.

@brunachos

I used this party on Belranga and I only uses healing potions for my main character when he was getting really close to death.

Main character: Crusader (Unbroken / Gold Pact) sword shield / Modwyr + Cadhi Skalth (max metaphysics)

Eder: Fighter / Rogue / Sword Shield / max defense

Pallegina: Herald / all heal chants + revive / drake summon / go for highest deflection possible

Ydwyn: Priest / Chanter / all heal raise dead spells / all heal chants + revive / drake summon / maxed arcane

Aloth - battle mage / sword shield / all fire spells / maxed arcane

All my characters had at least 110 deflection so the small spiders couldn’t hit me in melee.

Main character together with Pallegina just regained health constantly via chant and paladin exaltation aura.

What’s most important in Belranga fight is that your main character can “solo” Belranga while your other characters kill the baby spiders.

Once her deflection is lower than 90 she’s easy to kill.

@brunachos

I used this party on Belranga and I only uses healing potions for my main character when he was getting really close to death.

Main character: Crusader (Unbroken / Gold Pact) sword shield / Modwyr + Cadhi Skalth (max metaphysics)

Eder: Fighter / Rogue / Sword Shield / max defense

Pallegina: Herald / all heal chants + revive / drake summon / go for highest deflection possible

Ydwyn: Priest / Chanter / all heal raise dead spells / all heal chants + revive / drake summon / maxed arcane

Aloth - battle mage / sword shield / all fire spells / maxed arcane

All my characters had at least 110 deflection so the small spiders couldn’t hit me in melee.

Main character together with Pallegina just regained health constantly via chant and paladin exaltation aura.

What’s most important in Belranga fight is that your main character can “solo” Belranga while your other characters kill the baby spiders.

Once her deflection is lower than 90 she’s easy to kill.

Hum, interesting. I keep reading here and there how chanters could be usefull in this fight. Unfortunately is a class I always underestimate (poor Konstanten learnt of it in Kazuwari). I also read somewhere that you have to kill enough baby spiders before collapsing all the huts, is that how it works?

Edited by brunachos