Hello dear community.

I am planning a double playthrough of PoE 1 and PoE 2. As PoE 2 has not been released on consoles yet, I have some questions.

I wanted to play a death godlike wizard. That would look and play very similarly in both games.

1. Is the character creation very different in PoE 2? In a sense that I want to have as close looking character in PoE 2 as in PoE 1. Meaning that if I choose the death godlike (I like the one with the red horns) will I be able to have the same look? (I tried looking online but I do not know how the death godlike presets look like and if they are very different from PoE 1)

2. The spell kalakoth minor blights is very effective with blast talent in PoE1, but it is implemented as a wand. Is it also possible to build a blast build in PoE2 and is the kalakoth spell also a wand? Or is it implemented like an actual orb of energy(like the description of the spell says)? The thing is that it is extremely effective in PoE 1 especially with combustive wounds, and I like to use it, but I would like to build without it, if its not in PoE2.

3. Are there some big differences in playstyle of wizards? Is it explained in the story that main character forgets everything? Or do you simply play as somebody else, not the watcher (with as little spoilers please)?

These questions might feel stupid, but I wanna have one cohesive playthrough of both games, which would be almost impossible if the character looks completely different and uses completely different spell mechanics.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has played both games and can answer. It is much appreciated.

BTW: I posted this in both PoE 1 and PoE 2 builds sections, because it is related to both, but I have no idea which one this should be in and whether I am breaking any rules posting in both. If I am it is not intentional. So apologies in advance.

Edited by Samugol

Godlike heads video:

Minor Blights have blast radius but are not classified as wands, IIRC.

Beside that Blast is a weapon proficiency (new mechanic) for rods, IIRC

The playstyle for wizzards is pretty much the same.

You can RP that your Deadfire watcher (technically the same as POE1) have alterede memory and appearance. Something traumatic happens in the beginning.

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Thank you very much sir.

That is exactly the info I was looking for. Funnily enough, only 2 out of 3 male death godlikes heads are shown in the video. But I saw the third one somewhere else so it doesn't matter. The third one (the one with horns not shown there) looks a lot like the death godlike in the PoE1 and the portrait as well. So I guess I'm gonna go with that one. Unless someone can suggest a character that: 

1.looks almost exactly like a portrait 

2.looks very similar in both games

3.is a male godlike(death fire moon, not nature) or male human

I'm sure someone thought of this before I have so if you have anything feel free to share. Maybe even for other characters (not only my personal preference listed above), so other people can find it here if they ever look for it.

Also thanks for the info on blights. I always felt it is kinda cheesy in PoE1. I mean, the only reason it works with a blast talent is because it is treated as a wand in-game. The lore or mechanic should have nothing to do with blast talent. So I'm going to avoid using it this time around. I think it is clearly a designer oversight rather than an intended mechanic. Which your info on PoE2 seems to support.

Addendum. You can add your own portrait in both POE1 and Deadfire. So if you have a favourite non-POE portrait you want to use, I'd recommend adding that.

You might want to check out the portrait threads elsewhere on the forums.

Nerf Troubadour!

Adding portrait would definitely solve the problem, unfortunately I do not believe that to be possible on PS4. That is why I started this nonsense in the first place. 

Oh yes. Forgot that. There are PC versions, and ... well ... wrong 'uns ;-)

Edited by Frak

Nerf Troubadour!

Adding portrait would definitely solve the problem, unfortunately I do not believe that to be possible on PS4. That is why I started this nonsense in the first place. 

Oh yes. Forgot that. There are PC versions, and ... well ... wrong 'uns ;-)

;( There's nothing wrong with preferring consoles. For instance I can't hold a mouse for more than half an hour before my hand starts hurting.

• Like 1

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies