[WIP] Improved caster multiclass synergies

Editing some of the caster classes' passives to improve their synergy with other caster classes when multiclassing.

Current effects:

• Fury: Bonus range and penetration now works with Fire/Frost/Electricity/etc. spells from all classes, rather than just Druid "Elements" spells.

• Lifegiver: Bonus and penalty to Power Level now also applies to Restoration spells, rather than just Druid "Rejuvenation" spells. The passive +2 bonus to Restoration doesn't work right now despite the pop-up showing it, can't really figure out why, but the +5 when Spiritshifted and -5 after Spiritshift does.

• Cipher: "The Empty Soul" now adds +10 to all spells vs. Will, rather than just Cipher spells.

Stuff I might add:

• Adding "Restoration/Rejuvenation" keywords to other classes' healing spells: I think this will mainly cover Chanters so it shouldn't be too much work. 

• Allowing passives to apply to non-spell effects: For example, allowing the Fury bonus to apply to a Paladin's Flames of Devotions. Not married to this idea, could go either way on it.

• Adding cross-class spell keywords: For example, adding "Evocation" to spells like the Priest's Pillar of Holy Fire, or "Deception" to something like the Wizard's "Confusion".
     This would allow bonuses (and penalties) from subclasses like Evoker or Beguiler to apply to more spells. It would be an enormous amount of work, though, and I probably couldn't apply the tags evenly at all.
     It also might restrict Wizard subclasses from learning another class' spell if it has a non-allowed keyword (e.g., a Conjurer might not be able to learn a Druid's Dancing Bolts if it's tagged "Evocation"). Haven't decided if that's behaviour I would want, or how I would get around it (changing the Wizard subclass school penalty from restriction to a Power Level malus might work). Just did some quick testing, the Wizard subclass spell school restriction only applies to Wizard spells. Probably will keep it that way if I ever get around to doing this.

Caster multiclass synergy.zip

Edited by Lamppost in Winter
  • Like 5

Added the Restoration keywords for Chanters. Has the side effect of Restoration PLs also benefiting the offensive hit of "...And Evil Turned Away", but couldn't figure out how to make it only effect the healing. 

Also had a look at some of the spell lists to see what spell schools everything could fit in. Assuming I try to fit *every* spell into a school, some thoughts:

• Most buff spells I found fit best under Enchantment, so an Enchanter multiclassed with a Priest or Chanter would be pretty solid

• Ciphers are obviously going to be mostly Illusions and Enchantment.

Come to think of it, Enchanters may get way too much if I do add Wizard tags to everything

• Druids sure do have a lot of stuff that fits either Conjuration or Transmutation

• Will probably also remove the PL penalty to Restoration (but keep the one for Rejuvenation) from Lifegivers, to keep it in line with how multiclassed Wizards would behave with the new tags.

chanter healing keywords abilities.zip

This is really great mod which had to be implemented into the base game! Could you consider uploading your mod on Steam Workshop in the future?

And I have a small request; there are a few items that increase PL for Poison Keyword, but many spells and abilities seems missing the Keyword now, as discussed https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/107002-alchemy-poison-pl-for-druid/ and https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106043-30-missing-elemental-keywords-in-abilities/. I would like to see this mod tweaks the missing Keyword in addition to the current updates.

Edited by Hoo

This is really great mod which had to be implemented into the base game! Could you consider uploading your mod on Steam Workshop in the future?

And I have a small request; there are a few items that increase PL for Poison Keyword, but many spells and abilities seems missing the Keyword now, as discussed https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/107002-alchemy-poison-pl-for-druid/ and https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106043-30-missing-elemental-keywords-in-abilities/. I would like to see this mod tweaks the missing Keyword in addition to the current updates.

I'll put it on Nexus when it's finished. Not too familiar with Steam Workshop but I could give it a go.

Straw poll for the group: Should "Storm" spells (e.g., Returning Storm, Maelstrom, Blizzard) be Conjuration or Evocation? Edit: my instinct is Conjuration but so far Druids have been 90% Conjuration

Added keywords to all the Druid spells. Includes spells that are part of other subclasses (e.g., Berath's Touch of Rot), as well as some item spells, though I probably didn't catch all of them.

Right now Druids are pretty heavy on Conjuration though I did manage to balance it out a bit.

I also only edited the abilities.gamedatabundle. This is sufficient for PL bonuses, but I think some more esoteric effects, like the +10 Defense against Evocation/Transmutation/Illusions attacks on Aloth's armour, require me to also edit the attacks.gamedatabundle, which I probably won't get to doing for a while.

druid ability keywords.zip