What Kind Of Zones/Regions Do You Want To See?

Early speculation is probably my favorite aspect of awaiting a new RPG; specifically speculating what kind of places we'll see in the game world. So far we know that the game centers around a colony which consists of two planets known as Halcyon and Monarch (previously Tera 1 and Tera 2 during the terraforming mission) as well as a small moon and a few space stations/satellites. The reveal trailer only showed fragmented shots of a few environments (a functioning colony in one scene and a failed hellscape in another) but the more recent footage from game informer showed a more in-depth look at one of the zones/hubs on Halcyon known as "Emerald Vale" which consists of a small settlement (along with various other structures not part of any settlement) and some wilderness with green grass, red trees and pink(ish) dirt/stone. There also seems to be two kinds of travel points; theres fast travel points within each zone/hub to travel between locations in your current area, and then theres space ports; spots where you can enter the interior of your ship to relax or load between hubs.

As to what kinds of regions i'd personally like to see; I mostly hope to see a desert and/or and ice region. Even terraformed planets have different climates, so it's possible. There would probably be some ice caps on Halcyon, or maybe the dark side of the planet's moon is icey. I hope it's something crazy like purple ice too.

I'm interested in what other kinds of places people are hoping to see on the edge of the galaxy :-D

"The light inside has broken, but I still work!" -Vending Machine, 2018 AD

I want to see lots different plants and ideas of biology. Hopefully grounded in science! But obviously very speculative. I'm a fan of very lush environments, whether that is in a cave, a sea, a forest, or whatever. Such environments would be difficult understandably because of all the different organisms or whatever you could find, but it is one of the strongest points of potential for space operas. Bringing in some biologists and astrobiologists to consult for the series would be a good idea IMO.

• Like 1

Any concept that is (1) applied consistently and (2) makes a meaningful difference in gameplay.

No point having a lava planet if you never fall into the lava and you don't need heat resistant gear and you can't throw your enemies into it and watch the rest scatter.

• Like 2

Can't remember what issue, but Scientific America had an excellent article on the mission to Pluto (prelim results from a year or so ago).  That freaking little planet on the edge gave them more surprises than they were expecting, and I hope the TOW devs can do so as well.  It has an atmosphere and active geological processes!

For OP, the ice caps on Charon, Pluto's moon had a red coating because of methane crystals, so suppose anything is possible, but purple???  LOL...  That ditch across the 'equator' is deeper than grand canyon...  LOTS of possibilities, ice worlds seem more of the norm tho, other than gas giants, but hard to play on gas giants, just saying.

Hope devs can make this more 'open world' rather than storyline on rails...

image_3297_1e-Charon.jpg

Edited by Bandy

I hope we get 10 hours of gameplay fighting in tunnels

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, fighting along a more linear canyon (as above) with some side branches to mix you up, but with open 'sky' for starry ceiling would maybe fill in interest for tunnels?  Then again, ice tunnels in glacial polar caps would be tres cool...

Well since the atmosphere isn't radiated and neither is the water poisoning, I'd like to see some underwater depth but I kinda doubt it will happen.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Hmmm, level zones create a linear effect if done poorly, but level matching can be an even more horrible RPG experience. So I guess I would like to see professionally done level zones :)

I think they said that a lot of the areas become available right off the bat when you get your ship, so it definitely won't be too linear :-D

"The light inside has broken, but I still work!" -Vending Machine, 2018 AD

Hmmm, level zones create a linear effect if done poorly, but level matching can be an even more horrible RPG experience. So I guess I would like to see professionally done level zones :)

I think they said that a lot of the areas become available right off the bat when you get your ship, so it definitely won't be too linear :-D

Yay! That is exactly what I needed to hear, thank you my good sir!