Will this game atone for Pillars of Eternity?

Hello, I have returned as I find myself intrigued by news of a New Gaeme. The deliberate exclusion of Romances stirred me from The Pit, but I have to ask, will this game make up for PoE.

This is not me trolling. PoE wasn't my cup of tea. It really wasn't, in fact it kept me off these forums for several years (you might conclude that's a Good Thing). 

Cheers,

MC

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

The Outer Worlds will be the best thing since push-up bra. The physical editions will be made out of recycled ocean plastics curing the world. It will be so good that aliens will come to check it out, and we will have the First Contact. Seeing aliens for the first time will make us humans see just how silly and small the differences between us are and racism ends. Avellone will come back to Obsidian, and finally makes his High School romance simulator RPG with mechas with adjustable boob plate size sliders.

Not sure if it will atone for PoE though, but, you know, fingers crossed.

• Like 17

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Welcome back, Monte Carlo!

(The one and only MC on these forums, IMHO. While others wear hypo helmets, he's got the full ABEK kit.)

@MC: From what we know so far:

-Setting: Two far-off planets, one successfully terraformed, the other not. It's like Borderlands 2, F:NV, and Rage have been rolled into one gameworld

-Story: Vying terraforming corporations, dark humour, light humour, sprinkled with alien gore, mirroring our own issues at Tellus

-Gameplay: FPS

-CRPG status: "Hardcore RPG", not full on open world, and no ARPG loot fest

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I can't say, since I didn't find PoE particularly bad. I think this looks more interesting than PoE, though.

Welcome back, Monte. Written anything cool lately?

I've had a couple of things published. Got a couple of short stories out soon, and a diesel-punk / science-fantasy novel out next year.

• Like 4

sonsofgygax.JPG

(The one and only MC on these forums, IMHO. While others wear hypo helmets, he's got the full ABEK kit.)

-Setting: Two far-off planets, one successfully terraformed, the other not. It's like Borderlands 2, F:NV, and Rage have been rolled into one gameworld

-Story: Vying terraforming corporations, dark humour, light humour, sprinkled with alien gore, mirroring our own issues at Tellus

It was terreformed? I thought one was habitable for human life, and the other major planet was thought to be but turned out not.

It was terreformed? I thought one was habitable for human life, and the other major planet was thought to be but turned out not.

It was, and it has been lived on for 70yrs, while the terraforming of the other planet failed (it's most likely the ominously close and ringed backdrop planet, at least according to the summary vid I posted in another thread.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hello, I have returned as I find myself intrigued by news of a New Gaeme. The deliberate exclusion of Romances stirred me from The Pit, but I have to ask, will this game make up for PoE.

This is not me trolling. PoE wasn't my cup of tea. It really wasn't, in fact it kept me off these forums for several years (you might conclude that's a Good Thing).

Cheers,

MC

Welcome back!

I hope nobody drives you off this time. I rarely get into disagreements with people on this forum but when I do, I usually find somethimg in common with them so it's rewarding to stay. However, that's if both parties can handle a disagreement without blocking one another hehe

I believe The Outer Worlds will make up for Pillars' shortcomings because they are nearly polar opposites in vision and quality of focus. So I say YES!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Just because someone doesn't like Pillars does not mean the game devs have anything to atone for, sorry, it's a bit egotistical to think so.

You forget what forum you are on if you think 'egotistical' is a bad thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why are people discussing atonement like it's a real thing? It's facetious language for will this game makeup for something that didn't fit my liking.

Does it need to fit one person's tastes? No. Should it try to meet a certain goal in relation to the type of game it is. Sure.

Should it atone least it be condemned to hell? Well it's already owned by Microsoft so maybe we are into deals with the devil now.

• Like 3

Just because someone doesn't like Pillars does not mean the game devs have anything to atone for, sorry, it's a bit egotistical to think so.

You forget what forum you are on if you think 'egotistical' is a bad thing.

And you are unfamiliar with forums if you think this one is the only one with that problem.