Friend plays as NPC in your game

What I would like to see is the ability to have a friend come into your game, create a character and hang out with you in the game world.  They could come in on the same console or over the network.  Their character would be saved with your saved games.  They could come in when they liked or you could play on without them when they are not around.  You don't need to set up servers and host the game for everyone.  Just let people host their friends in their own game.  This is something I used to do in  Minecraft.  It is a simple concept. I don't believe it would take a lot of resources to create, and it would greatly enhance the player experience.  

• Like 1

What I would like to see is the ability to have a friend come into your game, create a character and hang out with you in the game world.  They could come in on the same console or over the network.  Their character would be saved with your saved games.  They could come in when they liked or you could play on without them when they are not around.  You don't need to set up servers and host the game for everyone.  Just let people host their friends in their own game.  This is something I used to do in  Minecraft.  It is a simple concept. I don't believe it would take a lot of resources to create, and it would greatly enhance the player experience.  

I refuse to buy rpgs with any multiplayer component.

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea, this is sort of how it works in Divinity Original Sin.  Being able to play through the story of a game like this with a friend would be a lot of fun.

NPC meme getting another whole level here :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What?

Like the pawns system in Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? That's kinda like what it sounds like to me...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...