The Outer Worlds on GOG and for Linux?

Not sure if this was already asked. Do you plan to release The Outer Worlds on GOG?

There is GOG thread already, but it bears repetion as far as I’m concerned.

GOG should be helped to stand out from being just a secondary distributor years after release.

• Like 3

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

GOG should be helped to stand out from being just a secondary distributor years after release.

Did Obsidian comment anything? I've read somewhere, that Take Two got some publishing rights on the game. They are quite pro-DRM, so if that's true it's bad news.

Edited by shmerl

Did Obsidian comment anything?
No. And I don’t believe they will in a while either.

TOW is published by Private Division who also published Kerbal Space Program, which is on GOG, so.... perhaps there’s some hope.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

TOW is published by Private Division who also published Kerbal Space Program, which is on GOG, so.... perhaps there’s some hope.

Private Division is owned by Take Two. And Kerbal Space Prorgram was released on GOG before Take Two bought the company which developed it. So it's not a very solid indicator. However since they are already dealing with GOG and can see that it brings them profit, may be they'll continue doing it.

Edited by shmerl

Since this game is made in UE4 is it going to be available trough the new Epic Games Store also?

“Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?”

Since this game is made in UE4 is it going to be available trough the new Epic Games Store also?

So far it doesn't look like Epic store provides DRM-free options. Or at least it's not clear how they handle this. Did you ever use it?

Edited by shmerl

So far it doesn't look like Epic store provides DRM-free options. Or at least it's not clear how they handle this. Did you ever use it?

I did not but I've Unreal Engine 4 installed from years now and it uses Epic Games Launcher which has been recently upgraded to accomodate their storefront, so not a big deal to me.

“Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?”

Maybe they can be Epic-exclusive.  That'd be funny to see.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra