Thanks for the helpful replies re: stunning surge. I'm surprised you guys didn't mention Helm of the White Void, though, as it's one thing I know to be great for this. I'm generally surprised I don't see it mentioned more as it's clearly one of the best items in the game. Are you guys aware that it gives +10 acc to every attack roll included in an ability that causes afflictions? So for stunning surge it gives +10 vs deflection and +10 vs fortitude. Some goes for Forbidden Fist, Barbarian Shouts, and anything else with an affliction attached.

• Like 2

Thanks for the helpful replies re: stunning surge. I'm surprised you guys didn't mention Helm of the White Void, though, as it's one thing I know to be great for this. I'm generally surprised I don't see it mentioned more as it's clearly one of the best items in the game. Are you guys aware that it gives +10 acc to every attack roll included in an ability that causes afflictions? So for stunning surge it gives +10 vs deflection and +10 vs fortitude. Some goes for Forbidden Fist, Barbarian Shouts, and anything else with an affliction attached.

Yes, it's very nice. I don't mention it too often because I consider it to be a late(ish) game item and I try to avoid to base whole build ideas on those. But yeah: awesome piece of equipment, that's true. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By they way @Kaylon: I contemplated more about the amulet/+RES per party member thing:

May it be that summons who are controllable (chanter's skeletons for example) count as party members and thus will work with the amulets? While other summons which are on autopilot will not?

PS. Guardian's Plate doesn't work with the curse.

That's sad. Does it work with Frostfall at least?

Neither - "hostile effects" and "afflictions" aren't the same thing. Forbidden Fist and Crucible of Suffering work with all hostile effects, while the mace and the armor work only with the afflictions.

By they way @Kaylon: I contemplated more about the amulet/+RES per party member thing:

May it be that summons who are controllable (chanter's skeletons for example) count as party members and thus will work with the amulets? While other summons which are on autopilot will not?

No, it should be a real party member, not a summon. (90% sure even the ranger's pet isn't considered a party member). I think there are only 2 abilities in the game that work with all allies - paladin's Divine Retribution and Bardatto's Luxury's Death and Taxes.

I just tested it: Skeletons indeed don't work, "normal" Animal Companions do work. I did not test Ghost Heart's Animal Companion.

What happens if you revive an ally? Do you still keep the +MIG & RES?

What if the revived ally falls again? Do you get another +MIG & RES?

Anyone tried to optimize a forbidden fist monk ( sc or multi) regard the self heal ability? If you stack some str, + healing items ( bonesetter torch, healer belt, footprint of Ahu Taka) + healing talent ( priest, pala or druid) and you should be able to get a nice "passive" healing. Further: there are some ways to easily apply to self "negative effects" that triggers the self healing when they end? I could only think to Hylea Talons but have not tested if it works or not... Other ideas?

Moreover: is good to discuss al of this before 4.2 comes out?

Hylea's Talons: good idea.

Stuff that works really well: Footsteps of the Beast o a confused char, Pull of Eora (but that's often annoying - combine it with push/pull immunity from items like belt).

To make the healing worthwhile you need to shorten and weaken the curse as much as possible. That means a ton of RES and some items that reduce harmful effects' duration - and self damage (Voidwheel).

Because if you do not then the curse will be outdamaging the healing.

Yes, but probably it it easier to boost the healing done than reduce the curse dmg.

Anyway you could go both ways:

Dmg reduction

- high res ( as you should anyway as a FF), ring of solitary wanderer, ev voidweel, ev.strand of favor ( compete with bonesetter torch)

More heal

- str if you can afford it, footprints, bonesetter torch, healer belt, practiced healer talent

Could be good to multiclass with a pala even more regen aura and as dicussed before, use the white void helm to get awesome accuracy to both FoD ( bleak walker) and forbidden fist. Use a plate for good misure and you should be quite unkillable ( but you might die of boredom maybe)

Blood mage/forbidden fist could be a thing. With enduring dance and blade turning extended by wall of draining wounds generation won't be a problem. Add soul mirror and with high deflection ranged attacks will be reflected like crazy. Drink potion of final stand and forget about curse, spam forbidden  fist and hit like a truck. With maxed resolve, decent intellect and gear he would be hard target for arcane dampener.

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

What about a rogue/forbidden fist that maximize his INT? Forbidden fist will apply Enfeebled affliction on enemy which cause Hostile effect to last 50% longer, which combo with Toxic Strike to do more damage?

I started to hate toxic stike because in the game there is too much enemies with poison imunity ( construct, spirits, naga, ecc).

What about a rogue/forbidden fist that maximize his INT? Forbidden fist will apply Enfeebled affliction on enemy which cause Hostile effect to last 50% longer, which combo with Toxic Strike to do more damage?

I started to hate toxic stike because in the game there is too much enemies with poison imunity ( construct, spirits, naga, ecc).

Do they fix the bug where toxic strike has not Poison keyword? If yes yeah I agree with ya.

Forbidden Fist Shadowracer with Toxic Strike is indeed powerful. Just remember that Toxic Strike comes very late for a multiclass. Arterial Strike + Enfeebled or Ring the Bell (one handed weapons) also works well.

Also tested Forbidden Fist+Soulblade and Disintegrate + Enfeebled is as nice as one would expect. Only downside: Forbidden Fist = no focus generation.

Forbidden Fist Shadowracer with Toxic Strike is indeed powerful. Just remember that Toxic Strike comes very late for a multiclass. Arterial Strike + Enfeebled or Ring the Bell (one handed weapons) also works well.

Also tested Forbidden Fist+Soulblade and Disintegrate + Enfeebled is as nice as one would expect. Only downside: Forbidden Fist = no focus generation.

I read in an old thread that Disintegrate does set damage, making a shorter duration actually higher DPS. I assume this was patched at some point? And does that also apply to Cleansing Flame? What about Taste of the Hunt?

Big tangent: Cleansing Flame only reduces beneficial effects by 5 seconds total on hit right? It's not 5 secs per tick or something like that?