Release Date Gausses

When do you guys think it will be released? My gut tells me 1st or 2nd quarter of 2019. Would be cool if it came out around the same time as Rage 2.

I would tyically say the generic "When it's done" byt by the looks of the gameplay videos we've seen it seems to be close to done, so that's why my guess is sooner or later.

What do you think? When do you think would be the best time? When are you hoping?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Since they only say 2019 (and no mention of a quarter) I guess it's going to release late in 2019.

Also most of the job offers that are related to the Unreal Engine are still open on the website.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That seems fair.

Are you gonna get it? :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I hope they are not aiming for suicidal November, but late spring/summer feels right to me.

It’s looks pretty well cooked but it’s only a demo, and it’s a big RPG so who knows how much work they have to do. I really would prefer for them to keep this one in over for a bit rather than release with critical bugs, imbalances like they did with Deadfire.

• Like 1

Anything but Q4 should be ok for them. In light of the recent acquisition I'd guess they really need this one to be financial success in order to get that M$ juice flowing for future projects.

That seems fair.

If it supports Linux I will. :)

A bit off topic, never really understood the adamant stance on Linux that some take... I mean each project, especially Obsidian ones, has limited budget that probably can be spent better on the actual game. Also Unreal leaves some to be desired regarding Linux.

After all PC running multiple OS for different use is not really a big deal, unlike other platforms.

Edited by Obsequey

Anything but Q4 should be ok for them. In light of the recent acquisition I'd guess they really need this one to be financial success in order to get that M$ juice flowing for future projects.

That seems fair.

If it supports Linux I will. :)

A bit off topic, never really understood the adamant stance on Linux that some take... I mean each project, especially Obsidian ones, has limited budget that probably can be spent better on the actual game. Also Unreal leaves some to be desired regarding Linux.

After all PC running multiple OS for different use is not really a big deal, unlike other platforms.

I'm not adamant about it. I just don't want to reboot every time I want to play a game. I do all my development and office work on Linux. I only have Windows because my computer came with dual boot. I have no problems with Windows - I simply don't need it. There are enough games for Linux nowadays and my free time is limited. In addition to that I'm interested in this game, but only mildly. :) Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I think they might aim for Q3 at first so if it slips they'll still have plenty of time to make it out before the end of the year. That's just supposition, but if it was aiming at e.g. August, they could slip a couple months without missing their stated 2019 release window.

I'd absolutely love for it to come out sooner, but given the fact that at this point the only thing we're aware of is hands-off demos to a select few sources they're still a long way from launch. I'd be surprised if they're aiming for Q2 or sooner.

When you said Gauss I thought your meant a Gauss gun and imagined for a brief moment one coming with all preorders. Alas though, you meant guess. As for my guess though I'm thinking late Q3 or early Q4. The lack of a defined date makes me think it's a ways off. You only get one chance to make a first impression and I'm very excited for the game so I'm all for Obsidian taking it's time!

Yes! We have no bananas.