Request for future buyer, gun lowering

One of the issues that I have, and many more do, is that as you wander around, you are constantly aiming your gun at shop keepers, companions, and the like which is extremely immersion breaking. I hope that in this game you can ask the programmers to take a moment and insert a little code and animation to lower the gun when you aren't aiming down sights or no hostiles are in the area.

Thank you for considering the request, I look forward to the day I can pre-order, and thank you guys for making memorable character driven games.

• Like 12

Very much agreed.  I enjoyed the gameplay footage I saw but this thing immediately started making my eye twitch.  The funny thing is that I think the original Fallout is the first game I ever played which had reactivity based on whether you had a gun drawn or not when speaking to an NPC.  It would be a regression if in Tim Cain's latest game holstering your weapon weren't an option.

• Like 2

Same here.

And more "animations" when walking with gun in hand please (actually it's too static)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Aarik D. said you can holster your weapon on discord

You know, after I posted that screenshot, I figured it would answer the holstering question.  

It appears I am wrong, and the fan community will remain unsatisfied until the player is offered settings to individually customize each weapon's "ready" carry elevation, angle, and cant... and given customizable holsters with which to stow their firearm.   :shrugz:

• Like 2

You know, after I posted that screenshot, I figured it would answer the holstering question.  

It appears I am wrong, and the fan community will remain unsatisfied until the player is offered settings to individually customize each weapon's "ready" carry elevation, angle, and cant... and given customizable holsters with which to stow their firearm.   :shrugz:

Well yes. Since you are staring at the same gun for dozens of hours on end, it's as large a factor as the HUD. Especially since it can block a tremendous amount of visibility. I don't see why this shouldn't get a little attention. Plus this is a feature that has been added to countless games.

And in mission I am not sure people would want to holster their weapon to talk to their companions for a second or walk towards an interactive element. So hopefully the devs consider inclusion before launch.

I will only be satisfied when I can romance my holster.

• Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

What ichulu says (which I can't seem to quote without including who he quoted...)

"...Since you are staring at the same gun for dozens of hours on end, it's as large a factor as the HUD. Especially since it can block a tremendous amount of visibility. I don't see why this shouldn't get a little attention. ..."

There should be an option that the weapon will lower from 'gun-sight view' to a 'ready position' when player is not in active combat.  Some players may always want 'gun-sight' view, so again, make this feature toggle. 

This would be separate from weapon holstered, and all positions are very natural if you've ever handled real firearms, i.e. it is essential for immersion...

Should be able to sling your weapon jauntily over your shoulder IMO.

They have an animation for that in the trailer at least... I wonder if that was supposed to refer to the PC. "You seem capable" was said by the scientist at that part.

Completely agree with the OP. All of the gameplay video I've seen on YT has the player pointing a pistol at everything and and everyone they talk to. Even flying the bloody ship. It's really immersion breaking. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 10 months later...

I completely agree! Can we also have our companions with their guns out all the time to show some form of intimidation factor? I’m wandering the wilderness and they don’t have their guns showing at all. Breaks immersion. GREAT game though! Takes me right back to the New Vegas days. Bravo 👏🏻