After playing Divinity Original Sin I found that I really enjoy playing through a story based RPG with a friend, so if there is an option for MP in Outer Worlds it would be welcome.

Just to be clear, I am not asking for a MMO or some MP server based game with 30+ players, just a game where I can team up with one friend and play through the story as a team.

• Like 2

After playing Divinity Original Sin I found that I really enjoy playing through a story based RPG with a friend, so if there is an option for MP in Outer Worlds it would be welcome.

Just to be clear, I am not asking for a MMO or some MP server based game with 30+ players, just a game where I can team up with one friend and play through the story as a team.

Sort of like Borderlands did it, you could go throughout the full story playing co-op. with up to 3 other people.

I'd love this, always fun playing games like this with friends.

• Like 1

Cooperative gameplay is kind of a neglected niche in rpgs these days (I am not counting slaughter fest games in the mold of Diablo in this).

well, there was Bulders Gate, you could go through the whole story with a few friends as I recall. and that was back in  1998.

I really doubt it. You need to remember this game doesn't have triple A budget. They are cutting the costs where ever they can, like no voiced protagonist or no third person camera view.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

co-op you mean of course...never ever more than one other...if it would happen at all.

I really doubt it. You need to remember this game doesn't have triple A budget. They are cutting the costs where ever they can, like no voiced protagonist or no third person camera view.

No voiced protag is a good thing. Third person - don't care either way.

• Like 1

Then you should change the title of this thread to co-op specifically, and would likely get more positive attention.

Love co-op as well, so adding support here, but have to be realistic, I doubt this will happen with this release...

• Like 1

No voiced protag is a good thing. Third person - don't care either way.

Yep. Now if they could only have added basic romance options, a basic needs (eat, sleep, drink) survival rp elements and I've have been in hog heaven.....

But will just have to wait until they make a forum for this over at Nexus mods. Then start adding my mod creations. Definitely an NPC follower like the insanely popular Willow mod. This NPC could be romanced or just strictly platonic. Either way, she made for an excellent companion/fighter/love interest. And somce customized clothes. The signature NV Ranger armor complete with glowing red eye inserts. And of course a pet follower the likes of a Dogmeat etc. etc.

But multiplayer definitely isn't going to be one of them. lol. Now WTH does everyone have to keep infecting the few minority decent single player titles left with this coop/multiplayer online cancer? Virtually every franchise has one, and 99.9999% of them all suck the way GTAO has made online playing a living hell for PvE/lone wolf minded gamers like myself. :geek:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sort of like Borderlands did it, you could go throughout the full story playing co-op. with up to 3 other people.

I'd love this, always fun playing games like this with friends.

I agree. My friends and I looooove BL and BL2 and any MP would be welcome to a game like this.

None of my buddies are into RPG's... therefore I have no use for this.

However it has made me realise nearly all of my friends have little in common other than going to the pub sometimes... I need some new friends.

Edited by daven

nowt