Trailer gets 1 million views in less than a day

It's like Star Citizen in here, getting happy at view counts. :lol:

Star Citizen has been around since 2012 and allegedly has over 200 million dollars in funding. The most watched Star Citizen video that I could find has 2~ million views from several years ago. The TOW trailer has gotten over 3 million views in 3 days and broke Youtube's top 10 trending list for a while - far more than any other VGA trailer (including AAA games Anthem, Far Cry New Day, and Devil May Cry 5). That's not nothing, nor is it unworthy of commentary. This may Obisidian's chance to really get in the public's eye and shine and cement a future for itself.

It's like Star Citizen in here, getting happy at view counts. :lol:

Star Citizen has been around since 2012 and allegedly has over 200 million dollars in funding. The most watched Star Citizen video that I could find has 2~ million views from several years ago. The TOW trailer has gotten over 3 million views in 3 days and broke Youtube's top 10 trending list for a while - far more than any other VGA trailer (including AAA games Anthem, Far Cry New Day, and Devil May Cry 5). That's not nothing, nor is it unworthy of commentary. This may Obisidian's chance to really get in the public's eye and shine and cement a future for itself.

Well more like it was the cultish fanboying that Star Citizen is teased about.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do they know we oddly benefit from all this? If they did, they wouldn't watch :lol:

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

My one concern is how many of these are related to the "Fallout 76 backlash train" and how the awareness for the game will endure once the commotion dies down.

Fear not, this is not Chucklefish. This is Obsidian... They know what their fanbase want and that's why we love the trailer, The Outer worlds won't become a minecraft/naruto clone like starbound did when released

I'm amazed at how many views it's getting. More than some of the AAA devs when they announce a game. It shows gamers are hungry for something unique.

2018 was the worst year for videogames ever... name something aside spiderman, rimwold or smash bros ultimate that was awesome released that year

I'm amazed at how many views it's getting. More than some of the AAA devs when they announce a game. It shows gamers are hungry for something unique.

2018 was the worst year for videogames ever... name something aside spiderman, rimwold or smash bros ultimate that was awesome released that year

Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, Celeste, Deadfire, Into the Breach, Dead Cells, Octopath Traveller, The Red Strings Club, Return of the Obra Dinn...

Edited by algroth
  • Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

It was by far a better year for video games than 1998 and 1999, and a more industry changing one.

It was great for pc and equally great for console which got alot of games that were only available on pc before.

I don't think that's it. I think it's more the fact that people are actually aware that it's Fallout-ish and since Fallout 76 did poorly, The Outer Worlds is an alternative to help close that wound. Had Fallout 76 did well, perhaps The Outer Worlds wouldn't even have got the views. Point is, people like Bethesda type single player Fallouts, this isn't unique in any sense. Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I dunno. Different people and different taste and all that, but 1998 gave us stuff like:

Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, Starcraft, Half-Life and Metal Gear Solid, and Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time in 3D in Sonic Adventure.

And 1999 added:

Everquest, Counter-Strike, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Outcast, Silent Hill plus some neat sequels, like System Shock 2, Jagged Alliance 2 and, well, Ultima IX

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

The Ringer made a series of articles all through last year on many of the landmark games of 1998. I don't know which I'd consider the best or most important year for videogames, but they make a pretty solid case for it: https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/29/17795406/1998-the-best-year-ever-for-video-games

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, Celeste, Deadfire, Into the Breach, Dead Cells, Octopath Traveller, The Red Strings Club, Return of the Obra Dinn...

Pathetic list

Pathetic list

Exactly the sort of thing someone with no counter-argument would write. :)

• Like 4

8.7 million views in less than 2 months. Not bad for a non triple a title I guess :cat:

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What will be truly impressive though is if it manages to keep this momentum through out. Let's shoot for that world record folks!