Trailer gets 1 million views in less than a day

My one concern is how many of these are related to the "Fallout 76 backlash train" and how the awareness for the game will endure once the commotion dies down.

Considering the screeching horde gamers are these days, it'd have to be a good chunk.   Don't think it matters that much, people should snap up the game on release due to Obsidian reputation or just being easily suckered for hype :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My one concern is how many of these are related to the "Fallout 76 backlash train" and how the awareness for the game will endure once the commotion dies down.

I don't have to see the comments to know that there are those Fallout comparisons like "The Falllout 4/76 killer!" Because that's what I'm thinking.

Maybe people will forget about it as time goes on because well, it's an Obsidian game.

If the game does exceptionally well though, that will be good for Bethesda because it will push them to do an amazing Fallout 5 production. So there's that factor as well.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It's pretty great seeing all the casuals turn on Bethesda. What a time to be alive. 

Microsoft pulled off a coup now that Obsidian keeps the IP. Really hope Tim/Leo stick around, would love to see what they can do with a real triple AAA budget. 

Edited by PIP-Clownboy
  • Like 1

nice The Outer Worlds looks like its going to be a great game, though I see so many people comparing it to Fallout 4/76
I think making a comparision between Fallout 4/76 and The Outer Worlds just isn't right they are both very different games,

Fallout 4/76 takes place on Earth after nuclear war / Fallout, The Outer Worlds is a space Scifi game the only simularities are they both are RPGs, and both Scifi.
Thats about it.

I think to focus more on The Outer Worlds as being its own game will strengthen its appeal.

The official Deadfire campaign trailer has like 716,000 view today, years later. Apparently, futuristic space sagas sell.

2.5Millions now.

You forget some points :

- VGA event

- From the orginal creators of FALLOUT

- And the Developpers of FALLOUT NV

This... one month after the poor Fallout 76.

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

The official Deadfire campaign trailer has like 716,000 view today, years later. Apparently, futuristic space sagas sell.

2.5Millions now.

You forget some points :

- VGA event

- From the orginal creators of FALLOUT

- And the Developpers of FALLOUT NV

This... one month after the poor Fallout 76.

Yeah, and just recently, an informal little poll showed that Fallout New Vegas is Obsidian's most popular game among the forum visitors here. I think Algroth's big best game ever list here on the forums not so long ago revealed the same. F:NV is held in high regard, among most gamers and among the Obsidian fans.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Just signed up to say the game looks very promising. It's great to see old school design in a AAA title. This and Cyberpunk 2077 are now my most anticipated releases.

For me, it's this, Cyberpunk 2077, Sekiro and Rage 2. So far...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It's like Star Citizen in here, getting happy at view counts. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 million views on youtube = 1 billion copies sold.

You have a future in sales.

am I only one who chuchled when they are in trailer talking about:

'until corporations bought it, rebranded it and sold it for ridiculous prices'

while at same time Obs is being bought by one of the biggest corporations out there?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"