So am I right in assuming the game will have the size/scope of VtMB rather than NV?

I read in some articles that the game won't be a massive world in the vein of a traditional open-world RPG, an old statement by the publisher mentioned Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice as an example of the scope they're going for, but having seen the game I'm gonna choose to ignore that as it doesn't seem to be a 15 hour game either.

So this leads me to thin it might be like VtMB a lot when it comes to scale and size.

What do you think?

While I loved VTM:B, I didn't get as much replayability out of it as I did with a game like New Vegas.  
having a world I can just go out in and explore and enjoy is just something I get more replayability out of than a more story focused game like VTM:B.  
In VTM:B you can't just ignore the main story as an example. While in NV, you could do just that, and go off on an unguided adventure.  
Many different adventures played differently many times.
As opposed to the same adventure, played differently many times. 

Edited by PlayerSlotAvailable

Difficult to say right now. We know we have two main planets and couple smaller moons, asteroids and space stations. 

It certainly can't be New Vegas form, as we don't have a singular space to cover. Maybe something more like Deus Ex? (two major hubs and bunch of smaller spaces). 

• Like 1

Difficult to say right now. We know we have two main planets and couple smaller moons, asteroids and space stations. 

It certainly can't be New Vegas form, as we don't have a singular space to cover. Maybe something more like Deus Ex? (two major hubs and bunch of smaller spaces). 

The hubs in Deus Ex were designed for that tailored experience so I imagine this game will be much larger (Not too large though.). I get what you're saying though. A specifically designed type of hub.

Speaking for myself though I actually prefer smaller, more meaningful hubs because quite often if traversal isn't fun  travelling in open world games is the world can be the worst part. As long as it's got that good old Obsidian stuff I'm down.

Yes! We have no bananas.

As long as you can pour enough hours into it and it's replayable. Hellblade is like what 6-8 hours max? Hellblade was more bringing back a middle tier of development and I know they made a shorter game to purposely push a greater amount of effort behind the content that they managed. I'd hope the campaign of the outer worlds is at least 20-30 hours depending on pace, and hopefully 70-90 with side content. Though even more is always nice, especially if you play as a completionist.

It says "Discover a colony" and "Use a ship to visit space stations" on the store page.

My guess is the scale will be comparable to Kotor II.

I don't think it will be short but that is just my guess.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...