rule 34 and mods will 'save' the day :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Cool. Skyrim was the only game that ever did this right anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Cool news !

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Shame, was really hoping they would have romances.  Doesn't feel like a proper RPG without one

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The romances are often ridiculous and breaks the rhythm and personality of the characters ... it's childish and irrelevant, at least as it's done in recent years ...
If it fits strongly in the narrative I do not see any problem with that, but when it's making **** to fill a stupid specification, it's better to do without and focus on the heart of the game! Good choice i guess!

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

The only loving you need is that this game has been liberated from Bethesda.

Wait, Bethesda once owned it ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No but it's a spiritual successor to a series Bethesda now owns. Obsidian won't be bound by insane time demands, release dates or Pay bonuses tied to Metacritic.

Yes! We have no bananas.

No but it's a spiritual successor to a series Bethesda now owns. Obsidian won't be bound by insane time demands, release dates or Pay bonuses tied to Metacritic.

Or having to rely on Bethesda QA.

• Like 2

This is something of a neutral announcement for me. On the one hand I think a romance that is properly developed and involves more than just shagging your NPC can add a *lot* to one's emotional attachment to them, such as Safiya in Mask of the Betrayer or Viconia in Baldur's Gate 2 or Annah in Torment... Yet on the other they can lead to a lot of soap operatics (see Aerie) or seem tacked on (see Deadfire) or there for the sake of gratiutous pixel-sex (Witcher and Dragon Age sagas in many occasions), and can be both intrusive to one's relationship with said companion and a time-and-resource sink for no real benefit to the overall game - made worse when the whole "there should be more than one romance option, per sex/orientation/whatever" argument begins to demand several options if any one romance is to be included at all. If the devs didn't feel a romance would fit this game or they just didn't find an interesting hook for it, it's probably for the better that they decided to not go for them altogether.

• Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

So, no, it hasn't been liberated from Bethesda at all, really. 

The romances are often ridiculous and breaks the rhythm and personality of the characters ... it's childish and irrelevant, at least as it's done in recent years ...
If it fits strongly in the narrative I do not see any problem with that, but when it's making **** to fill a stupid specification, it's better to do without and focus on the heart of the game! Good choice i guess!

Nonsense, you want to deny a key feature just because some have done it poorly in the past ?  Have you no faith in Obsidian ? Why, by that same logic, Obsidian shouldn't make games at all, as they've delivered buggy crap!   As Mike Patton said, Man was made to love.

• Like 4

So, no, it hasn't been liberated from Bethesda at all, really. 

... Man was made to love.

So love IRL and let's designer make the Game they want to do. That's all.

Romance in games is not necessary for all the case...

Actually, just wanted to work in the FNM song lyric but got it wrong it is "man was born to love"

Edited by Malcador

Lack of kinky gay romances is a drawback.

Dont get this hate on romances, they could be not as good as, and generally "i would do it better", however same could be said about sidequests. Bad sidequest are wasting money from good mainquest, why not kill all the sidequests? Not everytihing need to be solved with violence or acquiring goods, if some players care about acquiring love of their companions, good for them, that is an expansion of the game.

Nevertheless there other games and if there is demand there will be supply.

Just keep being you.

I'm fine with there being no romance, this just makes me more hyped for this game.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 4

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´