What is this conclusion based on besides 'this is the viewpoint I want to condemn'?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Forums on fire off the shoulder of Bioware.com. I watched pan-species tentacle fan-fic seep over the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. Thank the Lord.

• Like 5

sonsofgygax.JPG

Thank god there isn't gonna be romance. I would much rather see well done combat.

Well, you're going to be disappointed because so far, from what we've seen, the combat is the worst thing in the game lmao

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Have spent much time pondering this.

Romances, actually, aren't *really* the problem IMO.

90% of people who tolerate and / or enjoy romances aren't *really* the problem, either.

It's the other 10%. Basically, they are a plague vector who will destroy your game/ community. So Zero Tolerance makes complete sense when you think about it.

What is this conclusion based on besides 'this is the viewpoint I want to condemn'?

nVJy8fu.png

• Like 2

90% of people who tolerate and / or enjoy romances aren't *really* the problem, either.

It's the other 10%. Basically, they are a plague vector who will destroy your game/ community. So Zero Tolerance makes complete sense when you think about it.

nVJy8fu.png

ngl i like this persons style

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Thank god there isn't gonna be romance. I would much rather see well done combat.

Well, you're going to be disappointed because so far, from what we've seen, the combat is the worst thing in the game lmao

I just hope this is the Alpha combat system - a lump of coal still waiting to be polished into a shining diamond :)

I just hope this is the Alpha combat system - a lump of coal still waiting to be polished into a shining diamond :)

I am pretty sure the gunplay will be improved in the coming months. Small details can really make big difference in that area.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Forums on fire off the shoulder of Bioware.com. I watched pan-species tentacle fan-fic seep over the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. Thank the Lord.

Serves you right for reading fetish fanfiction in the first place. Why would you even do that? Ran out of books? Magazines? WC air freshener labels?

Shame, was really hoping they would have romances.  Doesn't feel like a proper RPG without one

So the last three decades of RPGs don't actually count as RPGs is what your saying?? Because about 75-80% of them have no romance system. 

Edited by Kristy

"The light inside has broken, but I still work!" -Vending Machine, 2018 AD

Serves you right for reading fetish fanfiction in the first place. Why would you even do that? Ran out of books? Magazines? WC air freshener labels?

aaah, u dont need a reason imo.

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Just make it a kickstarter milestone and then make a pledge tier for 10 determined donors to write a romance each NPC.

Tim Cain said that Outer Wolrds has no romances because he thinks that they do not fit with his idea for the game. Not because they lacked the money.

Edited by Dodo00d
  • Like 1

Have you followed the romance threads for BioWare games?

There was a troll post analyzing the TASTE of Tali's Sweat from one of the Mass Effect games, her fan base took it seriously that spawned hundreds of pages of actual discussion on how "good" it would taste.

This doesn't even touch on the Miranda war...

• Like 1

There was a troll post analyzing the TASTE of Tali's Sweat from one of the Mass Effect games, her fan base took it seriously that spawned hundreds of pages of actual discussion on how "good" it would taste.

I dunno, that sounds fun at least. Think id rather read that than thousands of words of contention and negativity. Thirst is the great uniter.

• Like 1

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

I dunno, that sounds fun at least. Think id rather read that than thousands of words of contention and negativity. Thirst is the great uniter.

You weren't there for the great Miranda War of 2011. All of the Miranda-manners declared a holy war on the fans of the other romances.

There were no survivors.

Will there be aliens? I get the feeling it's all human. Can't have sci-fi romance without at least one non-fleshy colored humanoid race.

if player are lucky there will be sex bot like fnv

so... you are a big fan of fisto?

of what?

since there will not be any romance

only fnv style professional engagement are possible