This was pretty fab! Stuff I really liked:

-The red cyber scythe/sickle!

-The interiors

-The dialogue

Stuff other people are complaining about:

-Lots of hate on the lighting in this game (I admit, it's stark and a bit off/blueish cold. But is it really that bad?)

-The triangle markers/arrows over the heads of baddies (Isn't that just some ability?)

Stuff I'm on the fence about:

-The bobbing gun and it's rather limp grip a bit too deep into the screen (I very much prefer the cyber sickle)

-The outlines around the baddies when killed (too prominent. Perhaps there will be a toggle)

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

My biggest worry seeing that is having your weapon always out. I really hope it just wasn't shown and not the way it is. It's hard to roleplay in a roleplaying game when your gun is out all the time. I guess unless you're roleplaying as a lunatic.

Looked a bit janky and unpolished but that's to be expected at this point I guess. Combat was a bit slow as well and dialogue didn't look very interesting to me.

Also I'm personally so over having conversations where the guy I'm talking to is zoomed in and I'm staring at him right in the face. No one talks like that and it feels like a relic at this point. 

Edited by Vyrulisse
  • Like 1

Best thing i heard in that video is that game is not massive open world game thank goodness. 

Yeah. While I don't mind a few games like that, it's just that we have a gazillion of them already, and most of them are bad or worse.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Can't say I'm a fan of the combat system there. It does seem slowish, which is good and would open up nice tactical and systemic choices and quirks, but I don't know if that's because of the console controller it's played with and to not make it look messy (which it, at times, doess already).

The slow-mo thing is just regular and boring.

I was kinda hoping a different and more "systemic" take. I can see myself getting bored pretty quickly with what is show if it remains that way.

Other than that, it looks pretty nice.

• Like 2

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

The combat isn't really impressive here but they only show the basic in the video. Only using a pistol and barely any skills used.

One thing I can say needs improving is the pistoal shooting animation. It looks like you have only one hand because you never use the other when shooting.

That combat does remind me of Borderlands.  Looks okay I suppose, although it is funny to be walking around wielding a weapon all the time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

well thats problem of most RPG/FPS attempts, either RPG does not have any effect on combat or combat is lackluster because why otherwise bother with RPG elements in it. Isometric for the win

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

not everyone can be Morte

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It seems the skill affecting recoil bumb-up/recovery time thing that Tim spoke of in that conference about RPG flaws might be in place.

I wonder how hefty an effect it packs. I mean, can the character actually be bad at combat due to it? (If yes, that's great... at least the skill does something else than just damage modifiers and the combat might have a chance to be a bit more fun in an RPG way....)

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Good afternoon! I'm new to the boards so hello!! This looks very good. I love the clever dialogue, the futurama type feel looks great.. I can't wait to preorder.

Welcome, you will learn that we are open, wise and... open community here on boards

Edited by Chilloutman

gamepad controls make me cringe

It was obviously made for console players rather than pc gamers, even the u.i/hud represents this.

I'm very happy with what I see. It's basically a simplified Fallout, objects are highlighted like in Deus Ex. There's a mixture of elements from all my favorite fps/rpg inbred games. This might just overthrow Pillars for me.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...