Please, widescreen support (21:9) !

9 hours ago, Builderblowhard said:

Just payed over £1000 for a new widescreen monitor and was very disappointed to see they are not supported in the outer worlds.  I think I will hold off playing it until we have widescreen support so I can play it at it's best.

Same my friend, same :(

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, Sonarplexus said:

Now that seems just sniffy...

It's really annoying that Obsidian messed up. But there are working community fixes out there that require maybe 10 minutes of your time. You're really missing out on a great game! Most fun I had in a looong while.

They don't work for everyone....I tried the ini edits, they reset during certain parts of the game, the program messes up my game and I still cant use Fullscreen so its tanking some of my performance.

This is priced as a full 59.99 game where I am, I expect better, say what you will...I rather enjoy other games that do work, hell Greedfall, a way more indie release did better on this front.

Hell at least in New Vegas I can mod it to work perfectly, if they don't wanna fix this I hope they have modding tools on the way....

Edited by Chris Ann

On 11/19/2019 at 6:22 PM, Chris Ann said:

I tried the ini edits, they reset during certain parts of the game

Sorry to hear this... have you tried setting the .ini files to read only after editing them?

Also, I'm completely with you that this is no bueno. Obsidian really messed up for UW users. I just enjoyed the game so tremendously, I wouldn't want to have missed it if a user hack could help.

10 hours ago, Sonarplexus said:

Sorry to hear this... have you tried setting the .ini files to read only after editing them?

Also, I'm completely with you that this is no bueno. Obsidian really messed up for UW users. I just enjoyed the game so tremendously, I wouldn't want to have missed it if a user hack could help.

Tried it, it somehow finds a way to break it out of nowhere, I did play quite a bit but I am kinda turned off at this point, no doubt its a great game but ATM all I have is an Ultrawide.

Is there some reason that they didn't make UW screen support with the game such as engine limitations or something?  Seems so strange a new and expensive game like this having no support for UW.  It's not like it made by a few bedroom coders.  Obsidian are suppose to be old hands at developing games.

It's unacceptable. On a side note, aside from having to edit code with HxD to get the cut-scenes to render in 21:9 I'm pleasantly surprised with Far Cry 5, which I picked up during the recent sale (67% off). 

I have too many games to worry about Obsidian ever implementing 21:9 in Outer Worlds. What a damn shame though, it looks like a great game, but I'm not going to play it in it's current state and all attendant issues on my 3440x1440 AW3418DW. I have too extensive a back-log of games that DO work correctly or at least have issues that can be easily fixed (i.e. fixing the cut-scenes in Far Cry 5 by editing two lines of code with HxD, taking a whopping 3 minutes of my time) to bother with this. 

Obsidian is really behind the times here, this is the equivalent of releasing a stellar title in 4:3 back in 2004-2005 when the consoles moved to 16:9 (XBOX 360, Playstation 3) along with the PC's. 

21:9 is 100% where it's at, anyone doing a monitor upgrade is going to want to opt for curved 21:9 over flat 16:9. That this title may never be fixed is a real shame. We have zero feedback from the devs, and this thread is the longest running here in their official form. No "we hear you and we're going to spend the requisite 20 minutes to fix the game". Nothing. I mean it's not even hard, it's relatively simple from their end, I'm not exaggerating, we are talking like maybe 20-30 minutes of programming time tops. That they can't even do that, honestly, **** Obsidian and **** this game. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

Is there some reason that they didn't make UW screen support with the game such as engine limitations or something?  Seems so strange a new and expensive game like this having no support for UW.  It's not like it made by a few bedroom coders.  Obsidian are suppose to be old hands at developing games.

It's UE4. There's no limitations there. 

On 11/23/2019 at 9:50 PM, ozulus said:

It's UE4. There's no limitations there. 

Then if there is no limitations it might be a good chance for the developers to show how customer friendly they are.

I would strongly advise them to implement the much needed UW support before the game hits steam.  Without UW being fully workable the game will get torn apart by Steam users.

Edited by Misty Morning
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Jmt19 said:

Imagine being up to your second official update and still not implementing widescreen support.

Or have a community manager respond. 

IKR? Honestly there are so many games out and on sale and my back-log is beyond out of control that I could care less about this game TBH. If they never implement 21:9 that's fine, I don't need to play this game. 

It is truly ridiculous though. It's 2019, not 2005. 

Edited by vulcan78

Indeed.

Thanks for the patch guys, we do appreciate it - but currently your game still remains unplayable for those of us with ultra wide screens, unless we apply a community made mod that makes just just about playable...but still with enough issues to make it not worth it.

I really want to get into this world and play through the game, but without 21:9 support...I and many others can't.

Community Manager- Can you at some point RESPOND? It would be great if one of you could  at least give us an update on how this is going- I note note only myself on this small thread, but 2 other people here alone have asked for official 21:9 support. 

I don't understand how difficult it is to respond to something that has more than 5 pages in the tech support channel...more posts from users than others and its not even something you want to address? 

All it requires is a update from the dev/qa team as to whether or not this is actually going to be addressed? Is it so difficult to ask people to do their jobs?

Just now, Jmt19 said:

Community Manager- Can you at some point RESPOND? It would be great if one of you could  at least give us an update on how this is going- I note note only myself on this small thread, but 2 other people here alone have asked for official 21:9 support. 

I don't understand how difficult it is to respond to something that has more than 5 pages in the tech support channel...more posts from users than others and its not even something you want to address? 

All it requires is a update from the dev/qa team as to whether or not this is actually going to be addressed? Is it so difficult to ask people to do their jobs?

And before you ask (if you actually respond), I've lodged a support ticket with obsidian, I've gone through your facebook support page and i've also lodged a ticket with the private division, who have said over a month and a half ago that 'this was going to be addressed' 

Jmt19, the team is currently working to see what can be done in regards to widescreen support. I wish I had more to share with you at this time so you can have more information, but when I know more about what steps we will take I will share them with you and everyone else so you know what to expect. I do apologize for not only the inconvenience of this issue but for not having more to report. However, I do want to thank you for the continued reports not only to Private Division but to us personally as we continue to share these reports with the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Shyla said:

Jmt19, the team is currently working to see what can be done in regards to widescreen support. I wish I had more to share with you at this time so you can have more information, but when I know more about what steps we will take I will share them with you and everyone else so you know what to expect. I do apologize for not only the inconvenience of this issue but for not having more to report. However, I do want to thank you for the continued reports not only to Private Division but to us personally as we continue to share these reports with the team.

Thank you for commenting on the widescreen issue, it's greatly appreciated to finally get confirmation that it's being looked into. The game just isn't enjoyable in its current state for those of us with 21:9 monitors, and official support is the deciding factor for a lot of us whether we're even able to play the game or not. 

On 12/13/2019 at 5:56 PM, Samaritan said:

Great changes, but can we please have native 21:9 support added to the game already? For all of us ultrawide users the game is still unplayable, and it just cannot be enjoyed as it is right now.