This is exactly what I asked for last month, THANK YOU!

The mods must've deleted my thread but The Outer Worlds pretty much matches what I wrote to a tee. So I just wanted to say, from the Northern Americas, thank you!!!!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I told you so, Boeroer!!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Your thread is still here, just in the Obsidian General section. Probably wasn't moved since it wasn't specifically about The Outer Worlds, just you expressing what kind of game you wanted and it happens to match some of what Obsidian was working on.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106810-sci-fi-shoulder-cam-action-rpg-next/

I also say "some" since a bunch of the things you wanted in that thread are either contradicted or not discussed in the current information on The Outer Worlds.

No QTE's, there is more than one planet (two planets plus space stations and who knows what else), spaceships look to be a major feature, not much evidence of alien species outside of animals, no word on romance yet, a protagonist with no set character or personality...

The action-driven sci-fi FPS part matches, which is of course core gameplay and all, but saying that it "matches what I wrote to a tee" isn't really all that accurate.

Wait... how do you know if there will be Qte's or not? This is obviously aimed for a casual console experience since it's also on PS4/Xbox instead of PC (PC obviously being an after thought - just wait to see the U.I and cotrol scheme, a wheel as well). Qte's can definitely still happen and I hope they do.

Polygon reported that there won't be any romances as I suggested so I was right on that.

There's a ship, so I was definitely wrong about that but it's not going to be used for other planets, and that was my gripe, thankfully it's being used for space stations and singular planet travel, likely for fast travel system. Different planets was my no, I didn't want a No Man's Sky or Mass Effect so take it as you may.

If the role playing system is D&D inspired, I highly doubt but has yet to be seen.

Character is fixed to story plot with a given title but custom, as comfirmed by the trailer and the store page like Pillars' Watcher character so I was right about that.

It's already shown alien wildlife and enemies so I was right about that.

We don't know much about health, but again, it's console/casualist based so maybe.

Third-person and First person viewpoints were shown in the reveal trailer today, unless I am very wrong, I mean, reveal trailers don't typically show the camera circle around one npc :p So I do believe that was a third perosn view on the main hero, or what the main hero could look like.

The thing I'm mainly worried about now is the debuff system I see which seems kinda pointless in my eyes but oh well. Other than that, I'm just waiting for the pre-purchase button.

You're basically saying I'm wrong because of a few things that haven't been confirmed though and that it somehow contradicts my post lol My point is, the game they revealed today is moreorless what I originally saw in my head.

Edited by SonicMage117

Another fact checking war... :lol:

The legacy lives on! :p

p.s

Not gonna respond to Boryo below me because it's just gonna make an ongoing argument. But as you can see, Boreoer is dead wrong per usual hehe.

The more info that gets released, the more my list is closer. Weird huh? :)

Edited by SonicMage117

I told you so, Boeroer!!

What exactly did you tell me? I try to memorize only the "real" facts - not the imagined ones.

And even with the facty facts there's no guarantee - so bear with me.

But on the other hand: there were so few that I really should remember...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Not gonna respond to Boryo below me because it's just gonna make an ongoing argument.

Instead you respond indirectly in an edit and intentionally misspell my name - because that will immediately shut down any discussion?

giphy.gif

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods