Please give us an optional third person camera.

Active Time Battle is just Squaresoft's more complex rendition of turn-based combat. The similarities are still there at least. I always considered it to be a sub-version/inferior variation of turn-based combat for that reason.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

One thing that has always proven true for first person games - whether retro or modern - is that turn-based does not work well because it's never good for pacing, strategy and immersion.

man, like, i dont expect everyone to know - or care - about the history of the genre but... wizardry was kind of a big deal, to the point where it spawned *every* jrpg. it must have worked well on some level to have all those kids.

Hell yeah. The only Wizardry game I played was the last one: Wizardry8, and it was an absolutely fantastic title.

It ain’t matter if its FF, TP, bird eye or isometric. If a game is good, it’s good. All have their advantages and disadvantages. Disadvantages can become advantages if systems are designed with them in mind. I do agree that FP turn based game isn’t the most intuitive fit but is it that way because it simply isn’t, but because there aren’t many games that do that?

Hello all, new here.  

I would like to also add that I would love to see a 3rd person view.  First person view is a game breaker for me.  I loved fallout NV, my most favorite game to date and would be great to see that happen on this one

If it is not possible due to time constraint to add a 3rd person view at release, I am reasonable sure that it will be added at a certain moment in time when I read all the comments here.

For me it is not a dealbreaker at all, I love to explore in 1st person but in combat 3rd person view is much more convinient IMHO, especially for people like me not too much into FPS games 8)

If it is not possible due to time constraint to add a 3rd person view at release, I am reasonable sure that it will be added at a certain moment in time when I read all the comments here.

For me it is not a dealbreaker at all, I love to explore in 1st person but in combat 3rd person view is much more convinient IMHO, especially for people like me not too much into FPS games 8)

Other way around for me, 1st person combat (especially ranged) and 3rd person exploration. I'd like the option in TOW but it's certainly not a deal-breaker.

• 4 weeks later...

This narcissistic fascination with the third-person perspective that allows one to ogle oneself has always baffled me.

This narcissistic fascination with the first person perspective that allows nerds to think that main characters are themselves inside the game has always baffled me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like I was wrong.

Obsidian confirmed in the rapid fire question video that 3rd person camera will NOT be availavailable in the outer worlds. That's a shame but since we are learning about Obsidian not wanting to compete with Bethesda games, makes sense.

Would have loved a third person camera, Fallout 4 and Skyrim had some amazing animation work in 3rd person mode.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, just saw the world premiere and loved everything about the game, except for the fact that it seems to be a forced first person only rpg.

Please allow us to use an optional third person view, even if it's a simple one that is only usable outside of combat/dialogue (so basically while you're exploring and such) which shouldn't be that huge of a timesink to make available since those animations should be fully modeled in third person already (since npc's will use them).

There are a lot of us who prefer to play in third person, even in games like TES/Fallout who aren't known for having the best third person cameras and of course Vampire: TMB which I played in third person as well.

One of the most fun aspects of an rpg for me is being able to visually customize my character and then as your go throughout the game and get new loot and gear seeing how your character visually changes throughout the game. This aspect is GREATLY diminished when you're stuck in first person view and basically never see this kind of thing at all (like Borderlands for instance).

Then you have another more severe aspect of this, there are people that literally get sick from first person view and third person can greatly help them from getting sick while playing the game.

Please at least think about it, it would be something that would be greatly appreciated by some of us.

That would be fantastic!!