Hello !

I'm trying to setup a 5 party build with an heavy "dark/evil" RP fealing (not necessary min/max or overpowered build, RP > all, but still viable in POTD upscalled).

Was thinking i could use some feedback from you guys :)

So far, i'm considering :

1) Sorcerer : Druid (Ancien) / Wizard (blood mage).

• Build around Damage over time (DOT) : plague/poison/decay spells and Debuff. 
  • Key item : Spine of thicked green (+3 Plant/Beast PL) / Spider Silk robe (+3 Poison PL) / Mask of grotto deep (+2 Poison PL)
  • Role : Damage dealer (DD) / crowd control (CC) / some heals

2) Zealot : Priest (Skaen) / Rogue (Assassin).

• Build around backstab and affliction (toxic spray). 
  • Key item : Dragon dowri / chromoprismatic staff / slippers of the assassin
  • Role : Burst DD / CC / some heals

3) Cleric Swashbukcler: Warrior (Unbroken) / Rogue (trickster).

• Build around Riposte
  • Key item : Last Word / Akola’s Apex Ward 
  • Role : Main tank

4) Templar : Paladin (bleakwalker) / Priest (Wael)

• Build around Riposte and FoD in AoE
  • Key item : Whisper of the endless path (with offensive riposte) / Blackened plate armor (for combo with sorcerer)
  • Role : off tank / DD / CC / Buffer / some heal

5) Mindstalker : Rogue (streetfighter or trickster) / Cipher (Ascendant or Beguiler)

• Build around CC and DOT
  • Key item : Kitchen stove / Fire in the hole
  • Role : DD / CC 

I'm missing a chanter for summon and a barbarian (berserker or corpse eater) for the madman :(.

Toughs ?

Edited by Exanos

I would consider building someone who does significant and consistent amounts of single target damage.  You have a lot of group damage and control, so that's the only coverage I'd say is missing.  It's not a massive deal though.  Could convert the Skaen/Assassin into a Skaen/Streetfighter and have BDD and Salvation of Time along with a Death Godlike for extra hilarity.

Druid doesn't benefit from Poison PLs so you can change out those pieces.  Aciana's Tricorn or Helm of the White Void are good for +Accuracy as both influence either all spells or all spells that make Body/Mind affliction checks.  Armor can be Aloth's for additional AoE range but there are plenty of options that could work here.

For the Zealot consider using Oathbreakers as a crit backstab using a 2h battleaxe with the modal on does a LOT of damage over time.  It's my other preferred option to the Chromoprismatic.  Also consider a morningstar like The Willbreaker for the modal to make landing Fort checks easier.  Then you can abuse CW with your wizard and blunderbuss cipher and things will melt.  Or more consistently land Disintegration.

Consider Wintertide Bulwark for the Unbroken Trickster as it provides a stacking deflection bonus and a freeze damage on miss chance (25%) along with graze to miss when afflicted.  Akola's is great though so can't really go wrong there.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by guildwriter

I would consider building someone who does significant and consistent amounts of single target damage.  You have a lot of group damage and control, so that's the only coverage I'd say is missing.  It's not a massive deal though.  Could convert the Skaen/Assassin into a Skaen/Streetfighter and have BDD and Salvation of Time along with a Death Godlike for extra hilarity.

Druid doesn't benefit from Poison PLs so you can change out those pieces.  Aciana's Tricorn or Helm of the White Void are good for +Accuracy as both influence either all spells or all spells that make Body/Mind affliction checks.  Armor can be Aloth's for additional AoE range but there are plenty of options that could work here.

For the Zealot consider using Oathbreakers as a crit backstab using a 2h battleaxe with the modal on does a LOT of damage over time.  It's my other preferred option to the Chromoprismatic.  Also consider a morningstar like The Willbreaker for the modal to make landing Fort checks easier.  Then you can abuse CW with your wizard and blunderbuss cipher and things will melt.  Or more consistently land Disintegration.

Consider Wintertide Bulwark for the Unbroken Trickster as it provides a stacking deflection bonus and a freeze damage on miss chance (25%) along with graze to miss when afflicted.  Akola's is great though so can't really go wrong there.

Just some thoughts.

Converting skaen/assassin to skaen/streetfighter can effectively be fun, easy to inflict debuff/poison in AoE with blunderbuss (and modal will trigger streetfight passiv) and you can jump into the fray without caring about your life after.

Invisibility/stealh isn't broken on DoT and Bleed (axe modal) ??

But for the sorcerer i'm wondering :

• Keeping sorcerer : great versatility (AoE / Buff / debuff / DoT / single damage) but it will have lower Pl than other class
  • Going : druid/hellwalker for might/int buff and insane Dot / Hot
  • Going : wizard/hellwalker with alchemy for might/int buff and insane damage and +PL on poison keyworded spells
  • Going : Pure druid or pure wizard for +PL and hight lvl spell (corrosive skin in wizard appeal me a lot for RP, hight lvl druid spell are less thematic)

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh my restartisis crisis keep restarting!

Edited by Exanos

No kind of stealth that assassin or skaen has access to breaks on DoT damage.  What will break stealth or invisibility are spells that tick over time like chill fog or shining beacon.  Every time a spell calculates a hit will cause stealth or invisibility to break.  DoTs like the battle axe modal have already calculated their hit so they're fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about +Poison PL.  My testing has been that +Poison barely affects any abilities at all aside from actual Poisons, and usually not enough to justify the investment.  I don't think Alchemy gives a PL bonus to any abilities now.