I finished my run (with Konstanten as Barb/Skald-debuffer in it). I'm now testing a similar concept with Skald/Devoted(Morning Star). I'll have no Brute Force, but Mule Kick as well as Clear Out target Fortitude. First Console tests with that dude show that I can refill all my phrases in an instant if I attack a debuffed crowd (-55 fort like Konstanten) with Clear Out. With Devil's Breastplate, Gauntlets of Discipline I will have +2 Clear Out uses...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I finished my run (with Konstanten as Barb/Skald-debuffer in it). I'm now testing a similar concept with Skald/Devoted(Morning Star). I'll have no Brute Force, but Mule Kick as well as Clear Out target Fortitude. First Console tests with that dude show that I can refill all my phrases in an instant if I attack a debuffed crowd (-55 fort like Konstanten) with Clear Out. With Devil's Breastplate, Gauntlets of Discipline I will have +2 Clear Out uses...

I was thinking about a similar build, mainly because of Clear Out + Sun & Moon + Flail Modal (debuff reflex) into The Thunder Rolled (that attacks reflex).

The other option is Black Jacket (because I'm fond of the class concept).

Sun & Moon is a superior weapon for auto-attacking with a Skald (except for Crush resistant foes, but Crush is a good damage type), so I'm looking for a total of 3-4 weapons (1-handed mostly) with interesting instant switch so that Black Jacket worths it.

1) He would be able to switch to Sasha's instantly for Empowered Invocation or party passive buff, but I'm not sure refilling half of discipline pool isn't a better way to spend the Empower use.

2) I'm not sure whether Magistrate's Cudgel marking works for other weapons once triggered (+10 Acc for a Skald sounds even better than Devoted's extra PR) plus Mace modal is good to have somewhere in a party (especially good combined with Clear Out).

3-4) Mmm, other ideas ? Rapier for extra accuracy against high Deflection foes ?

Or maybe I could add 2-handed weapons too, so I could take Willbreaker and Wahai Poraga too. That would be a good diversity of debuff and attack modes. 

Edited by Elric Galad

What about a corrode / poison focused caster pairing up? Are there ways to improve defenses against these afflictions and damage sources a la bilestomper from poe1? Could this Howler stand in the middle of a big green cloud while everyone around him dies?

Well, I cannot speak of gear - cause I'm all about the purity of essence inherent in chanter abilities and not a gear-prevert - but chanter do have a few fortitude-buffs things. Basically, Chanter can buff any defense you want, if you spec for it.

There is the 1st level chant "At the sight of the commies" that buffs FORT with 10.

"One Dozen" gives you resistance to CON afflictions.

The "Bears ****ting in Woods Fortitude"-passive gives FORT  +10

"The Spanish Prisoners Turned"-upgrade invocation gives you Strong Inspiration. That will give FORT a boost of ... 10? But the "Bridesman Slew" (also Strong)  is prolly a better choice due to upgrade ability.

"Commies braved the Horde" gives you Energized inspiration. That boosts fortitude with ... 10?

Edited by Frak
  • Like 2

Nerf Troubadour!

Oh, you are right. I just wondered why the defenses are SO low... :) Played him only for 2 hours or so now and am still finding stuff out with him. Ben Fidel is actuall way better than I thought. I took it because of Willbreaker (has good enchantments that trigger when enemies are shaken/frightened/terrified).

I have to admit I never used Konstanten before and only did so because I'm playing SSS again at the moment.

But after trying out a few things and coming up with this "debuffing" combo: the crit rate is astonishing (at this stage of the game where all his key abilites are online) - but the best part is that laughter. Jeez - I always find myself chuckling during fights because that guy debuffs stress so hard with his hysterical low timbre guffaw. :lol:

And my own MC has a similar voice and also likes to laugh from time to time in combat. Not as joyfully, but together it's so much fun. Like Barry White and his brother beating up some thugs in an alley while having the fun of their lives... 

My wife came over to my desk last evening and wanted to know what's so funny. :lol:

This has me excited to add him to the party when I get to SSS. 

Current group is built to be most role-playing appropriate to a single-classed Wael Priest Watcher:  Brute Rekke (mysterious!), Evil Monk Xoti (constant visions!), Spellblade Aloth (Leaden Key Grandmaster!), and Mindstalker Ydwin (Science!).  The plan is for Konstanten to replace Ydwin, while Xoti switches from all-melee to a second-liner, with the Mortars that Ydwin is currently using.  Rekke's going to keep Willbreaker, but I should be able to realize some of the same synergies you mention in this thread.  I was already targeting Ben Fidel and Long Night's Drink as a replacement for Ydwin's constant Secret Horrors spam. 

Would this work with Tactician? With the battered mind upgrade you should be able to push out a large amount of interrupts.