RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Also my point for bringing up Star Citizen was that these pure vanity items cost more money than your generic games DLC or a vehicle addon in a simulation game. That's just nuts.

Of course if you have artists designing those vanity items for you individually, and they are existing in the game uniquely, it would make sense that type of personalized experience will cost an arm and a leg.

Sure, but they aren't. It's the same item for every player. Oh btw, you can pay the barber with gold as well... but you don't unlock hairstyles with gold, you have to pay gold again if you want to switch to a certain other hairstyle. Then if you feel the mood to go back to the first hairstyle, you pay with gold again. Same with weapon skins. If you want a 100% golden gun for whatever reason, you pay like 30 gold bars or something, which is 10+ bucks of real money. Now if you want to change the gun back to silver, you have to pay more gold to do so. Once that is done and you see it looks like crap and want your gold-skin back, you pay with gold bars again.

In a way this is genius. I think they are the first to not have items unlock with gold.. you really just buy them once.

/edit: Actually I remember the Hunter having you buy ammo for real money. Also weapons and stuff were quite pricey back then. Still cheaper than RDO stuff, though.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

NBA2K19 had one time purchase of a haircut as well. Destiny had one time purchase of color for your equipment. So no, they are not the first, they just moved it further to the **** area...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Maybe the trend of increasing grinds and MTX aren't just them seeing what they can get away with but also a means of training the customer to accept more grind and MTX

Yes. Also keep in mind that y'all old farts aren't necessarily the target for the "conditioning". After all, you've been around long enough to remember the time when MTX were not a central design element around which games are built, so you know that a magical communist utopia existed at one point, where megapublishers weren't out to **** you over for that extra percent profit point.

It's the new generation that was born with an iphone in hand, who are being raised on this so they literally won't know better. If they also manage to suck a few of you in, that's just the icing on the cake.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nice looking Diablo clone, with some Gauntlet elements.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Dang. It looks alright though.

Also, Obsidian, the original creators of Fallout, stealing the show by making a classic Bethesdian fps-rpg.

The irony is killing me. :lol:

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The new System Shock game looks amazing. I've never seen cel-shaded art be so artistically infused!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Damn. Looks so much better than Battletech

no it does not

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I posted the wrong ganeplay video, that one was old. Here is a more polished look...

Fallout 76 won an award after all...

Yep.

And I don't know what's worse, the fake discounts ir the way this guy says "Bethazzduh".

Edited by SonicMage117

These "macro"transactions are the same crap in RDO. Sorry but $20 just isn't micro at all... Can't believe how many people are defending this, as if they are a small indie studio that needs all the money it can get to survive.

• Like 5

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I missed it.. What happened? You mean the die-hard fans claiming they'd buy the cosmetics if they were cheaper?

Hm, maybe I should sell the games I'm giving away for 30$ per game. I need it to make ends meet guys, you all believe me, right?

Oh noes! Where shall I send all my money, you clearly need more than me? You said so, so it must be The TRUTH. Please, do tell me!

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Can't believe how many people are defending this, as if they are a small indie studio that needs all the money it can get to survive.

True, they should save all of that money and invest it in Star Citizen instead. :grin:

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• Like 1

Yep.

And I don't know what's worse, the fake discounts ir the way this guy says "Bethazzduh".

https://youtu.be/RZ_gitrVffk

So Fallout 76 has been on sale (on console) for $29.99 since the second week after release at most retailers, which is usually the first sign of poor sales. The fact that Bethesda is charging $20 for in game transactions is them trying to recoup their losses. Edited by Vitalis

Interesting... but I never saw people trying to defend that? Which is where I was lost.