Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
596 replies to this topic

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3845 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Bethesda: "We gave admin rights and the customer information of Beta testers"

EA: "Hold my beer"

It appears to me as if it's mostly companies that deal with end users that don't give a toss about this (re: hypernormalization?).

When dealing with other companies (or governments, I imagine), leaks like these mean lost business most of which probably won't be coming back soon, unless the competition that it went to gets hit by the same type of deal.

If the account belongs to a child then they are breaking the law and can be sued. I don't recall but I think you don't need to be over 18 to have an origins account.

LittleAmadillo0

LittleAmadillo0

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 181 posts

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3845 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

Bethesda: "We gave admin rights and the customer information of Beta testers"

EA: "Hold my beer"

https://www.youtube....h?v=KirdH9Trpb0

It appears to me as if it's mostly companies that deal with end users that don't give a toss about this (re: hypernormalization?).
When dealing with other companies (or governments, I imagine), leaks like these mean lost business most of which probably won't be coming back soon, unless the competition that it went to gets hit by the same type of deal.

It's unbelievable, but most of the companies do not give a crap about security for one single reason, damage control after the leak is much cheaper than prevention and tight security...

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Man, I heart this video:
https://youtu.be/SwGtTTtTNJE

What is wrong with you, Sony?!

The video is so good and true.

Tim Cain's rule: Any game with "Quest" in the name is bound to be a problem. So I agree with the dude, that game looks stupid and boring. Not sure how it became such a popular Crpg.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2781 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Speaking of which, PlayStation Classic games running better on SNES Classic:

https://www.vg247.co...-mini-emulator/

lol!

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well...

Mechwarrior looks better than ever but Left Alive still looks better.

Edited by SonicMage117, 13 December 2018 - 09:50 AM.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1556 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

some not too reliable source mentioned that Diablo was banned in China - that would be hilarious

• kanisatha likes this

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5076 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

some not too reliable source mentioned that Diablo was banned in China - that would be hilarious

Apparently the Chinese government is setting up an "ethics" board to review games they'll allow. I love the irony there.

• Azdeus, kanisatha and LittleAmadillo0 like this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4032 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Rockstar updated RDO yesterday. The changelog for that 800mb update is huge:

Spoiler

Oh and apparently instead of fixing the mission reward design, they simply nerfed it all again... I don't know wtf they are doing. Do they want nobody to play the game anymore in a week?

• SonicMage117 likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
IGN's very own game awards or best of:

Cpl Halsbart

Cpl Halsbart

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts

No KCD, IGN?

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You figure they would have chosen it but... not IGN lol

Cpl Halsbart

Cpl Halsbart

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts

I rechecked, and KCD pulled in two awards this year: best music and best narrative, and the narrative award came from Europe. This kickstarter everyone wrote off back in the day actually sold between 1 to 2 million copies, people played it too, according to steam spy at least, and it wins a music award in America.... The music's fine, but it really hammers home these big commercial events for doritos are p2win, in their own right. Warhorse may have made some cash, but they just aren't murka AAAbscess publisher tier.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3845 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

Spoiler

Oh and apparently instead of fixing the mission reward design, they simply nerfed it all again... I don't know wtf they are doing. Do they want nobody to play the game anymore in a week?

I think, the stock bubble is slowly starting to burst after the price hijack which started with the introduction of Overwatch lootboxes, and sharholders are cashing out their 1 year, 1 and half year investments, and all the AAA companies are starting to panick because almost every single of them has lost 25 - 50% of value over the course of last 6 months, and they probably think, that fleecing the whales even more drastically, will bring them back their lost value.

Cpl Halsbart

Cpl Halsbart

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts

The AAAbscess industry needs to die; its full of marketing, rotted ideas, and mobile.

Edited by Cpl Halsbart, 14 December 2018 - 01:56 AM.

Lexx

Lexx

• Members
  • 4032 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Spoiler

I think, the stock bubble is slowly starting to burst after the price hijack which started with the introduction of Overwatch lootboxes, and sharholders are cashing out their 1 year, 1 and half year investments, and all the AAA companies are starting to panick because almost every single of them has lost 25 - 50% of value over the course of last 6 months, and they probably think, that fleecing the whales even more drastically, will bring them back their lost value.

Thing is, RDO doesn't even have microtransactions available right now. The gold currency is there, but the shop is still closed. So I really don't know what exactly they are trying to do... right now they just alienate the playerbase.

I can already see that the lobbies aren't getting full anymore, so there's a definite drop in active players about 2 weeks since the start.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

https://news.blizzar...-the-storm-news

Over the past several years, the work of evaluating our development processes and making hard decisions has led to new games and other products that we’re proud of. We now have more live games and unannounced projects than at any point in the company’s history. We’re also at a point where we need to take some of our talented developers and bring their skills to other projects. As a result, we’ve made the difficult decision to shift some developers from Heroes of the Storm to other teams, and we’re excited to see the passion, knowledge, and experience that they’ll bring to those projects. This isn’t the first time we’ve had to make tough choices like this. Games like Diablo II, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Overwatch, and more would not exist had we not made similar decisions in the past.

HoTS in maintenance mode, pretty much. 

Wonder what hysterics this will lead to.

Lexx

Lexx

• Members
  • 4032 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

RDO gold store just went live. 55 gold bars cost you 20 euro. One of the high level "cool" coats costs 40 gold bars if you want to unlock it before reaching lvl 60something. So you pay about 15€ for one clothing item.. in one color. If you want another color, you pay again.

This is crazy expensive.

Edited by Lexx, 14 December 2018 - 07:43 AM.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1556 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

RDO gold store just went live. 55 gold bars cost you 20 euro. One of the high level "cool" coats costs 40 gold bars if you want to unlock it before reaching lvl 60something. So you pay about 15€ for one clothing item.. in one color. If you want another color, you pay again.

This is crazy expensive.

Greed is strong

Lexx

Lexx

• Members
  • 4032 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I mean, everyone expected this stuff to be expensive, but a coat... and it's just the beginning. Just imagine how expensive future items will be.

Suddenly GTAV online plane(s) for €75 don't seem so unreal anymore.

Edited by Lexx, 14 December 2018 - 08:06 AM.

• Malcador likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users