RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsArticle.php?lang=en&country=gb&news_id=104

After testing the waters in 2018 with the first season of the Farming Simulator Championship, GIANTS Software is ready to dive deeper into the world of eSports with the upcoming season two. Major changes lie ahead, when the Farming Simulator Championship becomes the Farming Simulator League, a full-fledged eSports league with 10 tournaments across Europe. At the end of the season, the best teams will compete for the title of the Farming Simulator Champion and 100.000€ in prizes. Every single tournament will not only grant circuit points for the best teams, but also wield big prizes, bringing the total prize pool for season two up to a total of 250.000€.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

now I have seen everything...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Poor Sawyer looks like he is aging at 3x the rate of a normal human being. :(

I think the grizzled look works for him. He looks like a badass grandpa.

As for turn-based mode, I'm excited. I'll likely pick the game up once TB mode is out of beta and there is sufficient positive feedback.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So basically the demo (which supposedly is the version that is sent to reviewers...)

• has different game balance (much easier)
  • has a totally different economy

compared to the final version...

*Sigh* And I really wanted this game to actually turn out well, but if they're already pulling stuff like this... I mean, the game can still turn out well, of course, but if they feel the need to hide "the grind" and the monetisation scheme, yeah, not really inspiring especially knowing EA is the publisher...

Ironically enough Anthem so far looks like a Destiny clone with some Warframe influences tossed in, and I'm not sure how much patience for monetisation shenanigans Destiny players still have left.

For peeps that want to play Stellaris with a controller, the revamping makes controls much better - hence why they're making it on comsoles at all.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

People are looking at this all wrong.  EA is courageously sending reviewers a hamstrung version of the game in an effort to stem overhyping, so that players can experience a pleasant surprise when they get the game.  On release, players will get the superior version of the game where they will get to experience the full sense pride and accomplishment that comes with excessive grinding.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

People are looking at this all wrong.  EA is courageously sending reviewers a hamstrung version of the game in an effort to stem overhyping, so that players can experience a pleasant surprise when they get the game.  On release, players will get the superior version of the game where they will get to experience the full sense pride and accomplishment that comes with excessive grinding.

Imagine if we starved a whole generation of modern medicine and technology and just how more appreciative and optimistic everyone would be if they got to experience all that technological growth in their lifetime from humble beginnings.

Most importantly though, they will have fun.

They'll get something that most gamers won't - their money's worth. Whether they spend $60-$99 on a game that is good or bad doesn't matter, microtransactions which nobody really cares if the game will have or not doesn't matter much either. They will play the game from start to finish and more, with friends and family and every one of them will be happy with their experience.

I wish I were joking but this is the way social gaming is built, and it's not a bad thing. Just different from what I enjoy as a gamer. I rarely spend full price for a game unless it's one I was really looking forward to or knew exactly what I was getting. Add to that, my main drive is a single player lonely experience with or without lootboxes/transactions.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

video

So basically the demo (which supposedly is the version that is sent to reviewers...)

*Sigh* And I really wanted this game to actually turn out well, but if they're already pulling stuff like this... I mean, the game can still turn out well, of course, but if they feel the need to hide "the grind" and the monetisation scheme, yeah, not really inspiring especially knowing EA is the publisher...

Ironically enough Anthem so far looks like a Destiny clone with some Warframe influences tossed in, and I'm not sure how much patience for monetisation shenanigans Destiny players still have left.

What? Why would anyone sane believe that the demo has the same "balance and economy" as the review copies?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Some "uninformed" "journalist" maybe ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

https://youtu.be/MM-qwWxT_7c

Days Gone is shaping up to be a nice game.

I can't wait!

If Dead Rising and Last Of Us had a baby, this would be it. Minus the bad jokes and salty humor of Dead Rising of course.

Edited by SonicMage117

video

What? Why would anyone sane believe that the demo has the same "balance and economy" as the review copies?

Why wouldn't they? I'd expect a demo to be representative of the final product. If it's not then a demo is simply useless, or worse, deceptive, as you can't base a buying decision on it. Especially for this game, which is a looter shooter after all, messing with the balance and economy is a pretty big deal being that's what those games are built around.

Some "uninformed" "journalist" maybe ;)

Aka, your average "game journalist", which will probably use the VIP demo for review as that's as far as I understand the only way to play the game before full release. Waiting for full releases of games before reviewing is for chumps anyway, as is revisiting a review in case the developer does something questionable down the line, but I digress.

Fwiw, he's posted a follow up after EA/BioWare responded to the demo concerns:

Edited by marelooke

The things I like:

I like the way this horde interacts with the environment, they can barge doors open realistically rather than swarm through doors unrealistically. Though, these aren't zombies according to the devs, they are just animalistic humans which have daily routines and jobs. They will stop to drink water from a pond, seaech for food, look for isolated places to rest. Some stragglers will wonder off.

Even more interesting is the way the animals have been infected. We don't see too many games like this show infected animals. Well, Resident Evil series presented infecten animals in a hkrrible way so I never much counted those gamed for such.

Another thing I like is how almost all the customizations for guns are made of car parts. Like a silencer for the pistol being an actual filter. Pretty original, considering.

The things I don't like:

I'm not too fond of the infected models and character designs. They look generic to me.

I also don't like how the Motorcycle is the only drivable veichle, I understand that the player is customizing it, upgrading it but should have at least offered an otion to drive others around, especially because there are so many lyimg around.

Listened to some of the OST and was truly underwhelmed. It could have been so much better, doesn't quite fut the game imo (from what I have seen - I've seen alot).

Edited by SonicMage117

Brutal.

All that said, it's going to take alot for me to believe Days Gone or Metro Exodus will be better than Dying Light. I don't think Tim Cain's Dying Light sequel will touch the original but I will love to be proven wrong. It's never a bad thing to play a newer and better game :)

Why wouldn't they? I'd expect a demo to be representative of the final product. If it's not then a demo is simply useless, or worse, deceptive, as you can't base a buying decision on it. Especially for this game, which is a looter shooter after all, messing with the balance and economy is a pretty big deal being that's what those games are built around.

But why should the balance and economy matter in the demo? That's the least important thing. Gameplay and presentation matter nothing else. Hell Destiny beta , Division beta had different economy than retail,... and yet both convinced people based on that, why can't Anthem be given that chance?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Because it sounds like a scam. These people write a review about a non-grindy game that later might be super grindy. It's not like they said the game will get just a final balance pass... they clearly stated the economy will be different. And yes, this does have an effect on the gameplay.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, I'd say pacing is a fairly important aspect in any game, and if the pacing is skewed in such a way that reviewers get to see more content faster, with a belief that doing so will get them a more enjoyable experience, well - to me that means developers know you'll get to enjoy the game more if it's faster paced, but decide to slow it down for -some- reason.

I won't speculate what the reasoning is, but if the game contains microtransactions, I'm also not going to trust that the pacing isn't skewed to support them.

• Like 2