RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Still, I feel like when your players find secret stuff via exploration and experimentation

Bethesda's story is that access to the secret dev room is impossible without third party tools. If so, this is fundamentally no different from aimbotters in PUBG.

Of course Bethesda would say that, but absent an adequate explanation from the affected parties, I have no reason to disbelieve that. I mean, it's a toss-up between publishers and (online) gamers as to who is worse.

Since it's on Bethesda's antiquated engine, any way to exploit it would be well known at this point and likely wouldn't require actual third party tools.

Simply because it's well known it doesn't mean it's doable without third party tools. For example, the scripting of the Gamebryo engine has been well documented, but script extenders are still needed to do a lot of things that are now regarded as basic by the community.

In an online game, this is a huge no-no, especially when this affords an advantage over other players. The alternative is that they left 'tcl' unlocked for players to use freely, without the need to modify any files or inject anything into the memory. Which strains credulity, even considering the complete ****show this game has been in the QA department.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's not that surprising.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

87yo Grandma shows off 3500+ hour Animal Crossing Town on 3DS. Truly impressive!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

It's not that surprising.

Still, ouch! I'm really into card games, and I must admit that this one peeked my interest, my only two main gripes were that I'm a true idiot when it comes to Dota and tower defense games and then I had a hard time following the three boards setup.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Funfact:

Ace Combat 7 starts you off in a team called "The Mage Squadron" but at the end, you face the deadliest mage "SuperSonicMage" who is me in my ultimate form!!!

http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mage_Squadron

If you had interest in the game but haven't bought it yet, now you have even more of a reason to do so ;)

I'm not giving up on Artifact yet, if for no other reason than it being, far and away, the best (and most complicated) CCG I've ever played. Valve made some missteps by launching the game without any sort of ranked ladder and without a straightforward way for casual players to earn packs in-game. Both of those have since been rectified, but they should have been there from the start. It should also be noted that the vast majority of games lose a massive percentage of their player base a month or two after launch, granted not necessarily THAT large a percentage.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Date your favorite anime/game characters....

I'm not giving up on Artifact yet, if for no other reason than it being, far and away, the best (and most complicated) CCG I've ever played. Valve made some missteps by launching the game without any sort of ranked ladder and without a straightforward way for casual players to earn packs in-game. Both of those have since been rectified, but they should have been there from the start. It should also be noted that the vast majority of games lose a massive percentage of their player base a month or two after launch, granted not necessarily THAT large a percentage.

I heard something about people buying the game, selling their cards or something before refunding the game.

Was/is it really possible to actually earn a buck or two by buying and then refunding the game?

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yes, you can sell the cards for Steam Wallet funds, but I would have thought that Valve would have made it so that you can't get a refund the instant you sell a card.  :shrugz:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• Like 1

Yes, you can sell the cards for Steam Wallet funds, but I would have thought that Valve would have made it so that you can't get a refund the instant you sell a card.  :shrugz:

Well, Valve gets a cut from every card sold - not to mention you can also fill up Steam FunBucks from a CC, so I don't think refusing a refund is much of an option.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

golden czech hands in action again

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

While we're at Operation Flashpoint, here's some unasked adverts for my ArmA3 campaign again. Still working on something new... for over a year now. Still a long way to go, though.

/Edit: Also the announcement of Yoga Fire turn-based mode.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I feel so hyped now :o

I really wish, the final TB version would be possible to implement into PoE1 as well...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Somehow I missed the initial hints that this might be happening so it's a complete bolt from the blue for me. Which makes it all the more pleasurable. ;) And yes, they should do this for their entire back-catalogue of games. Get Microsoft to fund it by telling them it'll make it easier to port to Windows Phone.

I assume the motivation behind this is that Josh can now age in turn-based time.

• Like 4

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Somehow I missed the initial hints that this might be happening so it's a complete bolt from the blue for me. Which makes it all the more pleasurable. ;) And yes, they should do this for their entire back-catalogue of games. Get Microsoft to fund it by telling them it'll make it easier to port to Windows Phone.

I assume the motivation behind this is that Josh can now age in turn-based time.

Didn't MS drop support for the Windows Phone. Also, RTwP or bust.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

The weapons of Metro Exodus, does this excite you? It should!

Anyone played Kenshi? I am tempted to grab it just because I am fascinated wtih its development cycle

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"