RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Man, forget about Japanese or western games...

https://youtu.be/M7pvd6TfC4M

Eastern European games are where it's at.

So basically, Metro Exodus is:

*Female Protagonist

*Ubisoft/WB Games Style Open World

* More Mad Max Than Metro

* More Color

*Vehicles are actually drivable off a rail and have purpose

It certainly looks and sounds better than their previous games, that's for sure! I'm much more excited for it now :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm both excited and a little bit scared about Metro Exodus.

Excited since CoP was my favorite STALKER game, in large part due to it's open world design, allowing me to approach locations from a number of different angles and utilizing different approaches. Casing the joint and formulating a plan of action is my jam.

Scared because I hope this doesn't just become Far Cry: Post Apocalypse. Not that that would be the worst thing in the world, the Mad Max game was great IMHO, but that's not what I'm looking for from a Metro game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Man, forget about Japanese or western games...

Eastern European games are where it's at.

So basically, Metro Exodus is:

*Female Protagonist

*Ubisoft/WB Games Style Open World

* More Mad Max Than Metro

* More Color

*Vehicles are actually drivable off a rail and have purpose

It certainly looks and sounds better than their previous games, that's for sure! I'm much more excited for it now :)

Errr, not sure if serious but:

• protagonist is the same guy from Metro 2033 and Last Light: Artyom
  • no
  • no
  • well, being outside tends to do that
  • sounds like it, though they're rather "floaty" driving according to SkillUp

I'm both excited and a little bit scared about Metro Exodus.

Excited since CoP was my favorite STALKER game, in large part due to it's open world design, allowing me to approach locations from a number of different angles and utilizing different approaches. Casing the joint and formulating a plan of action is my jam.

Scared because I hope this doesn't just become Far Cry: Post Apocalypse. Not that that would be the worst thing in the world, the Mad Max game was great IMHO, but that's not what I'm looking for from a Metro game.

From the things I've seen so far it plays very much like the previous Metro games, which, thankfully, isn't anything like Far Cry, but isn't quite S.T.A.L.K.E.R. either.

Looks like we'll have to keep waiting for a successor to Call of Pripyat (oddly enough while CoP was easily the best of the series, mechanically, I still tend to replay SoC when I get in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mood) but I'll happily take a worthy successor to Metro Last Light.

Some more opinions from SkillUp:

First time in a long while I'm actually genuinely excited about an upcoming game. If I weren't iffy about the season pass thing I might even haven broken down and pre-ordered as, unless major red flags pop up, this'll be a day one buy for me anyway (that'll be the first time in like a decade, if we don't count Kickstarter games)

• Like 1

Yeah, it looks very similar to previous Metro games which is a good thing. The open world design might turn off a few people but I don't mind that since we have never seen 4A Games work on a open world setting.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

From the things I've seen so far it plays very much like the previous Metro games, which, thankfully, isn't anything like Far Cry, but isn't quite S.T.A.L.K.E.R. either.

Looks like we'll have to keep waiting for a successor to Call of Pripyat (oddly enough while CoP was easily the best of the series, mechanically, I still tend to replay SoC when I get in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mood) but I'll happily take a worthy successor to Metro Last Light.

Yeah, I was wrong about the main character then, but I'm not sold that I was wrong on the other things. This is the first Metro that was prioritized for console over PC after all so alot is bound to change. From what I've seen, all the gameplay points to a nice mixture Rage, Far Cry and Mad Max. In fact if someone were to ask me for a Rage 2 without all the bright colors and borderlands comedy, I'd recommend them Metro Exodus. Maybe you're talking about the smaller survival details though, I am talking about the bigger picture of format and structure. I think the smaller systems of Metro will be intact but as some others pointed out, the looting has been Far Cry'd so other stuff will be simplified/casualized as well. That's not a bad thing since the game is supposedly longer than both past Metros combined but hopefully it doesn't overstay its welcome either.

Also, story structure will be quite different from past Metro games which will completely change the feeling. We know that the seasonal journey reminds us of one game alone, perhaps that is a nod to The Last Of Us. The question is: Can Metro do better?

Aa far as if the game as a whole will be good, I'm excited to see how it does, not sure if I'll be buying by release or when on sale. I still have to see alot more and even though I hate basing purchases off of reviews, I think it's smart in this case (for me personally) since it's so much different from past Metro and Stalker games. I'm still more excited about Rage 2 personally but maybe this game will be more than just a Fallout 76 liberator. Maybe it will even be special.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I didn't think they would but I'm glad they did.

I tried to see both sides here, but Disney was doing a Nintendo. Not cool of them.

I tried to see both sides here, but Disney was doing a Nintendo.

LucasFilm always had the same stance and deal for creators of fan content, in particular films. You're allowed to use and do whatever you like as long as the creators fund themselves make no money off their work. Star Wars Theory got the same deal (check the videos) and stuck to it only for Disney going ahead to collect all the possible ad revenue LucasFilm wasn't allowing Star Wars Theory to have.

And we're talking a lot of money here, considering how popular the fan film turned out to be.

Comparatively, Nintendo had a similar, but not quite the same deal for streamers and YouTubers. Nintendo's terms were that they either make no money off their games or if they do, need to sign up and collect through their creator program. They took a share. I said had there because Ninentdo changed their stance recently and you now can fully monetize without them taking a share.

I always thought that Nintendo's decision wasn't a smart one as the money they could potentially make from the creators program was never in the same league as the free marketing they get from video and streaming platforms feeding the hype train. Guess that was true considering their change of heart, but the manurestorm from that decision was hilarious. It reminded me of how proponents of alternative medicine harp on about the multi billion dollar machine that big pharma is while happily ignoring how the billion multi dollar machine alternative medicine is selling them sugar and salt for 500$ a pound.

Sure LPers weren't happy about Nintendo's decision to be greedy and wanting in on their monetization scheme. But guess why? Yeah. Moneys. What else? ;)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Gameplay reveal, looks better than the cinematics, we're at that era I suppose.

The best post-apocalyptic game in years and of course, it's PS4 exclusive. That's a given.

Edited by SonicMage117

This is the most pansy bïtch äss move I think they've made yet. I'm not surprised when corporations are greedy and driven by fiduciary responsibilities to grow their investors money. This is totally different.

These are called "Test Cells." I first visited one Oblivion with a console command. It was well known, the console itself was not even hidden away. PC gaming culture at the time reveled in the freedom the console exposed, and it was tradition to both enter cheats there and general tinker. Bethesda knows better than anyone the mod-culture that they've promoted and embraced over the years. I've since used them in Fallout, Fallout NV, and Skyrim (the last Bethesda game I saw worthy buying.) Fallout 4 had them, and it looks like even Morrowind had some. These have been part of the Bethesda's fan-base culture for sooo many years.

I do not expect a dev to ban it's paying customers for what are left in the game as easter eggs since at least Morrowind. "Oh but this is a multiplayer game and it allows people to cheat." Well fine, take the test cells out. Don't ban your PAYING CUSTOMERS you fücking neanderthal pillocks!!!

• Like 2

This is the most pansy bïtch äss move I think they've made yet. I'm not surprised when corporations are greedy and driven by fiduciary responsibilities to grow their investors money. This is totally different.

These are called "Test Cells." I first visited one Oblivion with a console command. It was well known, the console itself was not even hidden away. PC gaming culture at the time reveled in the freedom the console exposed, and it was tradition to both enter cheats there and general tinker. Bethesda knows better than anyone the mod-culture that they've promoted and embraced over the years. I've since used them in Fallout, Fallout NV, and Skyrim (the last Bethesda game I saw worthy buying.) Fallout 4 had them, and it looks like even Morrowind had some. These have been part of the Bethesda's fan-base culture for sooo many years.

I do not expect a dev to ban it's paying customers for what are left in the game as easter eggs since at least Morrowind. "Oh but this is a multiplayer game and it allows people to cheat." Well fine, take the test cells out. Don't ban your PAYING CUSTOMERS you fücking neanderthal pillocks!!!

Problem is that 76 is a multiplayer game and thus it affects all players and not just your game.

Other than that, the bans are retarded, as it happened because of Bethsofts failure at making a good game. That they can't even revert the inventories or whatever of the selected players makes it more funny.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Problem is that 76 is a multiplayer game and thus it affects all players and not just your game.

Still, I feel like when your players find secret stuff via exploration and experimentation in a game which entirely revolves around exploration and experimentation (as there's literally nothing else in it), the only valid strategy is to take away their newly gained stuff (even if you have to patch your game to be able to do that - yes, that's bloody ridiculous) and reward them in some other, less overpowered way if they tell you how did they manage to find the secret room

Or better yet, just patch the 'cheat' content in the cell out when not using development build. I remember the way Bethesda's engine handling assets needing existence of such a cell, but it certainly doesn't have to be filled with items.

The way this fiasco is handled is just ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense - it feels like whatever division of Bethesda's working on 76 is a little kid throwing tantrums at this point.

• Like 1

Still, I feel like when your players find secret stuff via exploration and experimentation

Bethesda's story is that access to the secret dev room is impossible without third party tools. If so, this is fundamentally no different from aimbotters in PUBG.

Of course Bethesda would say that, but absent an adequate explanation from the affected parties, I have no reason to disbelieve that. I mean, it's a toss-up between publishers and (online) gamers as to who is worse.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Seems like exploiting to me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still, I feel like when your players find secret stuff via exploration and experimentation

Bethesda's story is that access to the secret dev room is impossible without third party tools. If so, this is fundamentally no different from aimbotters in PUBG.

Of course Bethesda would say that, but absent an adequate explanation from the affected parties, I have no reason to disbelieve that. I mean, it's a toss-up between publishers and (online) gamers as to who is worse.

Since it's on Bethesda's antiquated engine, any way to exploit it would be well known at this point and likely wouldn't require actual third party tools.

• Like 3

Still, I feel like when your players find secret stuff via exploration and experimentation in a game which entirely revolves around exploration and experimentation (as there's literally nothing else in it), the only valid strategy is to take away their newly gained stuff (even if you have to patch your game to be able to do that - yes, that's bloody ridiculous) and reward them in some other, less overpowered way if they tell you how did they manage to find the secret room

Or better yet, just patch the 'cheat' content in the cell out when not using development build. I remember the way Bethesda's engine handling assets needing existence of such a cell, but it certainly doesn't have to be filled with items.

The way this fiasco is handled is just ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense - it feels like whatever division of Bethesda's working on 76 is a little kid throwing tantrums at this point.

It is my understanding that this can only be done on PC and that the "cheater" has to use third party software to enable access to the secret room. Normal everyday players cannot find this room via exploration.

EDIT: Ninja'd 6 hours ago!

I've never seen anything more Japanese, it looks like Disgaea in a 2D platformer.

Trails of CoD Steel 3.